What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

DC_fan

Coach
00072679-leadimage.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Got a call from Madge thanking me.

Brilliant effort. And the clubs hard work and effort with membership showed its results against Melbourne when we had 32k come in which is one of the greatest ever regular season crowds against an out of town team. We never could have got that 5 years ago even if we were at the top of the ladder.

Stormwarrior

Juniors
I have read a few of the posts in here and have a few ideas.
- all junior players signing up at the start of the year for there local clubs have a opportunity to select there NRL team and are offered membership discounts.
-the NRL should take over the ticketing of the games and merge it with membership deals for each club.
- I don't have a problem with non-ticketed membership, I know majority of us are competitive and we will always compare club against club but I think it is more important to move beyond that to an extent and try to compete with the other codes!
-incentives for members to sign up others. Some clubs already do this but all clubs need to participate.
-also a number of clubs do this as well and that is a tally on there membership page. All clubs participating.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I have read a few of the posts in here and have a few ideas.
- all junior players signing up at the start of the year for there local clubs have a opportunity to select there NRL team and are offered membership discounts.

They already get a pass. Maybe a discount on a family ticket, say 30%?

-the NRL should take over the ticketing of the games and merge it with membership deals for each club.

Dave Smith has already alluded to something like that happening.

- I don't have a problem with non-ticketed membership, I know majority of us are competitive and we will always compare club against club but I think it is more important to move beyond that to an extent and try to compete with the other codes!

You need to provide opportunities for people to support a club, for some that's the only option. It's free money, so why not?
-incentives for members to sign up others. Some clubs already do this but all clubs need to participate.

Bulldogs do it, that said, most people wouldn't bother. You would have to make it something like a prize for each level you hit. ie 5 people get a free hat, 10 people a jersey, 20 people a special game day event etc. That would work better than how even the Bulldogs currently run it with just a prize for the top gatherers.
-also a number of clubs do this as well and that is a tally on there membership page. All clubs participating.

Be better if all clubs displayed where there club was compared to others. That said, there are better ways to get more members signing up, like using some of the contra before Christmas to get people to buy them as Christmas presents and the like.

DC_fan

Coach
Got a call from Madge thanking me.

Brilliant effort. And the clubs hard work and effort with membership showed its results against Melbourne when we had 32k come in which is one of the greatest ever regular season crowds against an out of town team. We never could have got that 5 years ago even if we were at the top of the ladder.

I got that recorded message too.

Stormwarrior

Juniors
Dogs of war.... Agree there are clubs that do some of it ....like the dogs but it has to be a whole of game approach. All clubs have the same incentives! Etc let's hope there is a massive change at the end of this year!

docbrown

Coach
Bulldogs do it, that said, most people wouldn't bother. You would have to make it something like a prize for each level you hit. ie 5 people get a free hat, 10 people a jersey, 20 people a special game day event etc. That would work better than how even the Bulldogs currently run it with just a prize for the top gatherers.

How about if your club membership card acted as a kind of in-club rewards card.

Say if you register early/renew/sign up other members/attend every game etc you get X amount of points/dollars that can be deducted from the cost of merchandise, next year's membership dues, food/drink and other tickets.

That way fans can decide how they want to be rewarded and all the money remains within the club itself.

Last edited:

Von

Juniors
The Roosters have played 5 home games - 6th one this weekend
Who on earth devised a draw where a team has played half their home games by the quarter mark of the season?

The Canadian comapny the NRL (and other sports) employ to do the draw.

Each club puts in their requirements (e.g. Anzac Day, rivalries, stadium sharing, Broncos every Friday night!) and the company does their best to come up with a draw.

blukablu

Juniors
Manly at 10,219

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-soar-past-10000-Members/73694 said:
The Sea Eagles legion of Maroon and White support is again showing its strength, with the Club passing the 10,000 Member milestone over the weekend.
Garry Arthur Norman from Tamworth joined as a Supporter Member and was ecstatic to learn that he was our 10,000th Member. Garry has been a supporter of the Club since 1963 and was thrilled to receive a phone call from Sea Eagles back rower, Tom Symonds, congratulating him.
Garry’s Membership commitment highlights a fantastic milestone on our journey to reach our target of 12,000 Members. This year also marks his second as a Member, meaning that he now is eligible to receive White Member benefits as part of the ’We Bleed Maroon’ Loyalty Program.
To the 10,219 Members who have already committed in 2013, again we would like to thank you for Earning Your Wings, your support is vital to our success both on and off the field and helps to ensure improved facilities and ongoing financial stability for our Club.

I got that recorded message too.

I got in person at Redfern on Tuesday when I popped in to buy my brother a membership at the club then took the kids out on to the oval and he was sitting in the stands.

When he was done and we were sitting in the stands, he went out of his way to come over and say hi, ask if we were all members (I had mu 2013 members cap on), which I agreed we were and he thanked us and completely won over me and the lads.

Two minutes out of his day and my oldest boy was over the bloody moon and hasn't stopped talking about it.

Can't wait for the day when ALL Sydney clubs have their 20-40k armies converging on the big stadia for games of footy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully memberships can be subsides across the board so that all teams supporters can join at a decent price. Especially clubs like the Titans who charge way too much.

You can get a titans ticketed membership for less than $100, less than $10 a game is hardly bad value!

Lambretta

First Grade
You can get a titans ticketed membership for less than $100, less than $10 a game is hardly bad value!

Yet their stadium is largely empty - the Titans have really been struggling to engage the Gold Coast community over the last couple of seasons.

They have some great players and have a surprising halves combo that makes them competative. I really hope that the Gold Coast community (who are notorious whores of the big events) can wake the eff up and get out and support the Titans.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Yet their stadium is largely empty - the Titans have really been struggling to engage the Gold Coast community over the last couple of seasons.

They have some great players and have a surprising halves combo that makes them competative. I really hope that the Gold Coast community (who are notorious whores of the big events) can wake the eff up and get out and support the Titans.

Its a common thing in Coastal Areas around the world in other sports too, Even the Coastal teams in the NFL don't fill their stadiums, Must be because there are better things to do

Dogs Of War

Coach

I didn't know they had the sort of cheap membership. Just shows that they have a lot of work to do. I wonder if it's just the Gold Coast, or if it's the whole Searle saga (Or the illusion that tickets are overpriced).

I do know that when I went to the Gold Coast in Feb, I didn't see any Gold Coast Titan's advertising at all. They really should have been promoting the hell out of $100 memberships so they all sold out.

juro

Bench
Just looking at the Titans memberships, they are really good prices. $99.50 - $274.50 for adults full season, and juniors are free if joined with an adult. Compare that to individual game prices of $30 - $64 for adults. You'd only need to go to 4 or 5 games in the year to make the membership worthwhile.

Compare that with the Tigers prices. Adult full season membership is $245 - $450.

taipan

Referee
Ok! can anyone give us an update as to total memberships to date,so as to draw a comparison with 2012.

Latest posts