What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Souths really only have 5K ticketed? Cool. That means - assuming every single one of them turned up last Saturday - that they got a walk up crowd of 27.5k paying, let's say at $25 per, meaning gate takings of $687K for the day. Nod a bad days work. And they get to keep the cash from the other 20k members.

Even for the Cronulla game and the six or seven hundred stragglers that Cronulla brought with them, that would have meant a gate of $250K. Souths averaged 18k at Homebush last year. That means that for their remaining seven games there, they can expect something like 7 * 13k * $25 = $2,275m. The money is already in the bank for the Perth, Gosford and Cairns games.

I reckon all the other clubs would like to be going that bad! And yes, I know. Ground costs etc have to come out of all that cash but even the most biased Souths haters would have to admit that there is something to be said for leading crowds, membership, sponsorship, merchandise and TV ratings.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths really only have 5K ticketed? Cool. That means - assuming every single one of them turned up last Saturday - that they got a walk up crowd of 27.5k paying, let's say at $25 per, meaning gate takings of $687K for the day. Nod a bad days work. And they get to keep the cash from the other 20k members.

Even for the Cronulla game and the six or seven hundred stragglers that Cronulla brought with them, that would have meant a gate of $250K. Souths averaged 18k at Homebush last year. That means that for their remaining seven games there, they can expect something like 7 * 13k * $25 = $2,275m. The money is already in the bank for the Perth, Gosford and Cairns games.

I reckon all the other clubs would like to be going that bad! And yes, I know. Ground costs etc have to come out of all that cash but even the most biased Souths haters would have to admit that there is something to be said for leading crowds, membership, sponsorship, merchandise and TV ratings.
No. We have at least 15k ticketed.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Chooks are on 12,738. Hope we get 13k!

Also the Bunnies are on 24,937 so I suspect they will hit 25k this week. Which is great to see and hopefully more clubs break the 20, 25 and 30k barrier in coming years. Obviously Souths will be aiming for 30k next year; perhaps them and Brisbane fighting out for the race to 30k?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Give it 5 years, I reckon all the clubs will have at least 15k (not all ticketed).

Start out by getting them to be members, and get a percentage of those to increase it to ticketed over the period.

That would probably be at the top of Greenburgs to do list, and he knows how to get it done.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Give it 5 years, I reckon all the clubs will have at least 15k (not all ticketed).

Start out by getting them to be members, and get a percentage of those to increase it to ticketed over the period.

That would probably be at the top of Greenburgs to do list, and he knows how to get it done.

Exactly. I do get the impression that the Bulldogs have a very high ticketed/total membership percentage.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who has the best value ticketed membership ie
Membership cost v 12 games on the gate price

I suspect bulldogs And souths do?

yobbo84

Coach
Exactly. I do get the impression that the Bulldogs have a very high ticketed/total membership percentage.

At $99 for a GA ticketed membership you'd bloody well hope so...

FWIW, Souths at 24,973. We've only had 2 home games so far this year so hopefully that'll keep increasing.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Who has the best value ticketed membership ie
Membership cost v 12 games on the gate price

I suspect bulldogs And souths do?

Bulldogs and Roosters. Souths ones are rather expensive compared to those two. Roosters are probably a touch better as well as GA gets you better seats than the Bulldogs $99 membership.

RWB

Bench
Yeh Roosters & Dogs aren't as reliant on memberships as a revenue stream, the $99 membership is a great idea.

I really hope all clubs can get to this point where memberships aren't crucial to their profits and it becomes more about giving back to the fans/creating a great atmosphere.

Von

Juniors
Loving the growth in memberships across the board.

This will eventually lead to bigger crowds at all venues in future....will certainly be better for the atmosphere and product.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Loving the growth in memberships across the board.

This will eventually lead to bigger crowds at all venues in future....will certainly be better for the atmosphere and product.

Hopefully memberships can be subsides across the board so that all teams supporters can join at a decent price. Especially clubs like the Titans who charge way too much.

Lambretta

First Grade
The Roosters have played 5 home games - 6th one this weekend
Who on earth devised a draw where a team has played half their home games by the quarter mark of the season?

I doubt our member numbers will go much further North from here regardless of our performances as there won't be many home games left to attend

I reckon Souths have a chance of cracking 30,000 if they've only played 2 home games so far and they continue to win.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well for $50 if they offer that sort of price, I could see the Roosters gaining heaps of members at that price for the last 6 games. Not sure what the price of higher level of membership are like, but I am sure that with a little promotion, you guys could probably sign up another 3-4K members this year given you look likely to be top 4 and play an attractive game on the field.

Lambretta

First Grade
Well for $50 if they offer that sort of price, I could see the Roosters gaining heaps of members at that price for the last 6 games. Not sure what the price of higher level of membership are like, but I am sure that with a little promotion, you guys could probably sign up another 3-4K members this year given you look likely to be top 4 and play an attractive game on the field.

Got an email from the club right before the Anzac game pushing the $99 memberships with a list of the remaining home games

Seemed like a great deal - I almost bought one. :p

yobbo84

Coach
Ambitious Bunnies target goal of 50,000 members

After South Sydney became the first Sydney club to register 25,000 members, chief executive Shane Richardson has set the ambitious - but in the wake of recent events, still realistic - target of reaching 50,000 over the next four years.

It's the little things Richardson insists on that have contributed to the club becoming the first club to reach the milestone this year. Players are now encouraged to call supporters ''members'', while the club boss's telephone message, and those of his staff, include membership numbers. Richardson still keeps membership forms in his pocket and in his car.

Having beaten Brisbane - only just - to 25,000 for the year this week, every South Sydney member will receive an automated telephone message from coach Michael Maguire.

Richardson estimated the 25,000 members amounted to $3 million in revenue.

''We'd like to think we can get to 26,000 for the year, and that we can start shooting for 40,000 or 50,000,'' Richardson said. ''People said years ago that Sydney wasn't a members town. But it is - we've proven that. A lot of people said we wouldn't get to 25,000 [this year], but our next goal's 50,000. I think we can do it in three or four years' time.''

The Broncos became the first to reach 25,000 members last year. But the Rabbitohs won that battle this year, before the two clubs' clash on Friday night, with the club registering its 25,000th member on Tuesday night.

''It's a tremendous milestone to reach 25,000 members, and I know all the boys want to thank every member for getting behind us this year and in previous years,'' fullback Greg Inglis said. ''When we run out on to the field and see all of the red and green in the stands, it really spurs us on, and our members are as much a part of the team as we are. And it's not just the members who can make it to the game. It's also the members all around Australia and all around the world who get behind us.

''One of the special things about this club is the family environment, and the members are a part of our family. We're all in this together and we'll all celebrate whatever successes we have, both on and off the field, together.''

The Rabbitohs had been one of the first clubs to pinpoint membership as a major revenue driver, even though the game in general remains behind the AFL in that area. NRL boss Dave Smith said the Rabbitohs were ''setting the standard in the game for membership''. ''We want to double membership over the next five years, and Souths have shown what can be done,'' Smith said. ''Membership is the best way to support your club and make it successful.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...000-members-20130501-2itf9.html#ixzz2S59QO2eF

Great stuff.

Latest posts