What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well that's ridiculous. I live in Kakadu and support the Dragons. I always buy a membership. It's not about value; it's about supporting your club.

Good on you but I would suggest your in a minority. Most people won't buy something they won't use. Especially as we are hardly talking about supporting a charity or local club, these are multi million $ companies.

hardbaby

Coach
Good on you but I would suggest your in a minority. Most people won't buy something they won't use. Especially as we are hardly talking about supporting a charity or local club, these are multi million $ companies.

True. You do need a return for your investment. My return is more emotional than anything else. And quite frankly, at the moment most clubs really need money. If they continue to rely upon tv revenue for 72% of their income (as they do at present) they will go under.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep, they sell less but make more. Not too good at maths are you???

Depends on breakdown of memberships and this is something the figures don;t tell us. It was clear from Sth's crowds last year that a lot of their memberships are non ticketed so if you sold 15000 ticketed memberships it would be worth more than 10,000 ticketed and 10,000 non ticketed even though the 15,000 is obviously less than the 20,000 total. If you see what I mean?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Storm don't have a non ticketed membership which will be impacting their total, lots of storm fans in other cities.

They have an interstate membership same as any other club. The Saints interstate membership includes 2 tickets as does the Storm. Shit excuse

BrissyRedV

Bench
Depends on breakdown of memberships and this is something the figures don;t tell us. It was clear from Sth's crowds last year that a lot of their memberships are non ticketed so if you sold 15000 ticketed memberships it would be worth more than 10,000 ticketed and 10,000 non ticketed even though the 15,000 is obviously less than the 20,000 total. If you see what I mean?

All clubs will have a proportion that are "non" ticketed members and I would assume that for the most part it would roughly be the same percentage for most clubs. How many Sharks supporters turn up to their games? Say 5000 to a normal club game roughly 50% of their total members exactly the same percentage as with your example.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
True. You do need a return for your investment. My return is more emotional than anything else. And quite frankly, at the moment most clubs really need money. If they continue to rely upon tv revenue for 72% of their income (as they do at present) they will go under.

Or sell games to other stadiums.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They have an interstate membership same as any other club. The Saints interstate membership includes 2 tickets as does the Storm. Shit excuse

So paying for something you are not going to use? When I do fly over to watch the Storm I spend a small fortune to do so to see a game and don't want to be sat in GA. No excuse just won't buy one principal at a stupid decison not to offer a non ticketed option for people who won't get to a game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All clubs will have a proportion that are "non" ticketed members and I would assume that for the most part it would roughly be the same percentage for most clubs. How many Sharks supporters turn up to their games? Say 5000 to a normal club game roughly 50% of their total members exactly the same percentage as with your example.

That's a big assumption. I would assume that clubs with a higher crowd avg than they have members will have more ticketed members than clubs with a higher membership than their crowd average.

BrissyRedV

Bench
So paying for something you are not going to use? When I do fly over to watch the Storm I spend a small fortune to do so to see a game and don't want to be sat in GA. No excuse just won't buy one principal at a stupid decison not to offer a non ticketed option for people who won't get to a game.

That would be your choice.

pHyR3

Juniors
Wests Tigers - 4731

very disappointing from the fans. club has done as much as they can really, extremely competitive packages, solid marketing but people are still turning their back on them and finding excuses.

probably will barely break 10k unless we finish in the top 4 of the NRL 9s or win our first 3-4 games.

Wests Tigers - 4731

very disappointing from the fans. club has done as much as they can really, extremely competitive packages, solid marketing but people are still turning their back on them and finding excuses.

probably will barely break 10k unless we finish in the top 4 of the NRL 9s or win our first 3-4 games.

'Heartland' lol

LJC

Juniors
Yes it is disappointing the West tigers membership figures.

On a more positive note they have improved their look for 2014.

Both their main strips have the V look on the chest and cater for the black and gold with the V coloured to complement the main strip colour. For example: a mainly gold strip has black & white V on chest and the mainly black strip has a gold(orange) and white V on chest. Great combinations and should have been used when the clubs merged!

This better look will be embraced along with competitive results on the field.

It's just a shame it takes that long for the marketing people to get the right look for many of the NRL clubs!

Another point is that the days and times when sides are playing have a bearing on whether a fan will take up a membership. For instance if a club is allocated a significant number of Monday night games then they are less likely to attract membership. I suggest Monday nights be replaced by Sunday night footy which will add to the traditional viewing of footy(re: Rex Mossop Big league telecasts)I am aware it will be on pay TV but anything is better than putting clubs and fans through the Monday night ordeal.

I think the allocation of more Saturday afternoon twilight games is a good move by the NRL and shows they are listening to an extent. But when it comes to Monday night they are bowing to a Pay TV request that can be catered for by replacing it with Sunday night footy.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Wests Tigers - 4731

Geez that's disappointing.

Hope it picks up for them.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Sounds like he Tigpies need to do some heavy tv/radio/newspaper advertising over the next two months. Their deals are really good for members and their latent support base is probably the biggest in NSW.

gronkathon

First Grade
They have been pushing pretty hard. Two full time guys on the phones all week.

Our membership is fair weather though. Between those crying about Benji & Beau leaving to those sooking about not playing all their games in Campbelltown.

Our fans want something for nothing in great part as well which doesn't help

Latest posts