What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

beave

Coach
Bloody hell. Wouldn't it be better to do it 8 odd weeks into the season? The current period is when you want to really get the ball rolling members wise.

innsaneink

Referee
After today they wont be needed next week.

Congrats on the nines victory Beave.

You guys will win the comp next year

Lambretta

First Grade
I hope this weekends competition gives a boost in numbers to the Cowboys, Broncos, Panthers, Sharks and a few other teams that showed some classy touches this weekend

I was actually most impressed by the Broncos. I thought they'd bomb out early but they did really well

RWB

Bench
Roosters have done 600 over the weekend + Monday, good boost from the nines. Hopefully other clubs experiencing it too.

H.H

Juniors
Roosters have done 600 over the weekend + Monday, good boost from the nines. Hopefully other clubs experiencing it too.
Yeah I bouught 5 on Monday so did my bit...hopefully we get some momentum back. Been very slow since Christmas.

I got an e-mail yesterday saying they'd cracked 11k...any idea what that gets us? Must be close to 11.5k as we were 10.8k last week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So a blank space pays more than say JEEP or Sportingbet ???

I was merely disputing that Tigers were claiming it was the most valuable when it clearly says 3rd most valuable.

Either way, they've used the term VALUE - intimating that they get x amount of exposure from this in the NRL as opposed to other clubs. I'm assuming that's due to the excessive and ridiculous amount of airplay on Channel 9.

Saint Doc

Coach
I was merely disputing that Tigers were claiming it was the most valuable when it clearly says 3rd most valuable.

So you were nit picking the irrelevant part, rather than the actual point made which was that they have a graphic somewhat humorously claiming an empty space is of value to them? K, cool, thnx. :roll:

Either way, they've used the term VALUE - intimating that they get x amount of exposure from this in the NRL as opposed to other clubs. I'm assuming that's due to the excessive and ridiculous amount of airplay on Channel 9.

No. Just no.

Value does not mean exposure. Value means worth. It is common to talk about a team having "the most valuable jersey in the league" when they sign a rich new deal. If they were talking about exposure on channel 9, why would the front be the 4th most valuable and the back the 3rd most valuable? Do channel 9 broadcast tigers games from a camera behind the posts to show off the back of the jersey? Do players wear the jersey back to front in photo shoots? :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
They've obviously commissioned or are using some sort of research which brings them to a conclusion where they can twist the stats to say that.

If they don't, they're false advertising. I'll believe them over an armchair nuffy who follows me around on a forum.

Timmah

Staff member
Not sure if this is necessarily membership but I noticed Manly put all their home game tickets on Ticketmaster this week... with the exception of Souths R2 (Gosford) and Cowboys R7 (Good Friday).

Looks like they might have a second Gosford game, on Good Friday?

They've obviously commissioned or are using some sort of research which brings them to a conclusion where they can twist the stats to say that.

If they don't, they're false advertising. I'll believe them over an armchair nuffy who follows me around on a forum

well yeah, i mean Wests have high exposure on channel 9 and what not.
they also had 2 of the stars of the game for a long period.

will be interesting if they fall back in terms of sponsorship now that benji isnt there. depends on how they go i guess.

Some clubs are just in a better position to negotiate a deal.

DC_fan

Coach

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/

Latest posts