What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

100%green

Juniors
30k sounds a bit to u and me but for a supposedly $20m business

Chicken feed.

You're saying Manly is a $20 million business? And 30k is chicken feed.

There are a very small amount of clubs that actually make money mate. You could easily count them on one hand. So check those figures again and get back to me.

bileduct

Coach
Because it appeals to kids. That's it

And makes adults feel like their sport is a mickey mouse sport that will bow to the $$
Somewhere tonight, Tom Waterhouse reads your comment, puts down his Wild Turkey Bourbon, inhales deeply on a Winfield cigarette, and nods his head in agreement.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Because it appeals to kids. That's it

And makes adults feel like their sport is a mickey mouse sport that will bow to the $$

Kids do not buy foxtel. Holden cars. Mobile fan plans . wild turkey bourbon

And isc and marvel provably made most of cash

Your going to love it if we ever get a team and see the pirate sht we come up with! The whole point of our brand will be to sell the club to kids (and big kids).

voltron

Juniors
i was wondering why manly was wolverine
but wouldnt it be because Hugh Jackman is such a huge manly fan?

cleary89

Coach
RLW put out that list today of the 5 most jerseys sold with warriors at the top. All the warriors fans on facebook were like "see, who cares if we put out 10 jerseys a year, it obviously makes the club money". When you raise the point that moving from Mt Smart to Eden Park full time would raise even more money they weren't so keen for that. Selling out occasionally is ok apparently.

The Jerseys are f**king shit and Manly's is one of the worst I have ever seen. It's compounded by the broncos wearing white.

I can't wait for us to play in a dora the explorer jersey next week and then a peppa pig the week after. But the children will love it!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Indeed, although apparently the current mob renegotiated the deal anyway so it was supposed to end this year and they've chosen not to continue.

some11

Referee
The Jerseys are f**king shit and Manly's is one of the worst I have ever seen. It's compounded by the broncos wearing white.

I can't wait for us to play in a dora the explorer jersey next week and then a peppa pig the week after. But the children will love it!

But bro I like comic book movies and the jerseys look cool its just harmless fun bro.

Maybe we could split the comp in two, have half of them with Marvel jerseys and the other half DC jerseys!

Who gives a shit about identity and tradition.

Latest posts