What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Perth Red

Post Whore
Demand/Supply

In most cases the bigger the supply the cheaper the retail price. It's why a Mcsht burger cost $2 not $12. If I buy 10,000 shirts they might cost $50 if I buy 100,000 they are going to cost me a lot less each.

How many parents buy little kids jerseys at $100? They would be outgrowing them every year.

Nugget10

Juniors
But bro I like comic book movies and the jerseys look cool its just harmless fun bro.

Maybe we could split the comp in two, have half of them with Marvel jerseys and the other half DC jerseys!

Who gives a shit about identity and tradition.

Wait did I just read this from a Broncos fan? 1997 says hi

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Manly in Blue and Gold wasnt a good representation of the Marvel jerseys (particularly for the first match of the round).

Dragons in Red against Roosters in Blue looked great.

(My favourite thing about the Marvel jerseys is that they have shown how texturing can be used on jerseys, whic is the thing most are missing now. If future designs can learn from this, ill be happy)

Danish

Referee
Have to say at the game tonight I thought the roosters and dragons kits looked brilliant. Largely because neither really strayed from each clubs actual colours. The Thor and Wolverine ones looked really off though.

Seems a decent amount of roosters fans had the captain America jersey but I only spotted 1 dragons fan with the Iron man jersey

Stinkler

Juniors
SHARKS INDIGENOUS JERSEY 2014

20140728044147Indigenous_Jersey_2014_Front.jpg
20140728044441Indigenous_Jersey_2014_Back.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have to say at the game tonight I thought the roosters and dragons kits looked brilliant. Largely because neither really strayed from each clubs actual colours. The Thor and Wolverine ones looked really off though.

Seems a decent amount of roosters fans had the captain America jersey but I only spotted 1 dragons fan with the Iron man jersey

Agreed' what I thought looked great was the solid use of primary colour. Jersey, shorts and socks all in primary colour and little white to be seen.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
those comic jerseys were exactly that -comical

they may have been done "well" but they were atrocious to see on a supposedly professional sports competition. that canberra setup was f**king awful

Packy

Bench
The thought that crossed my mind was "are we the most buyable sport around?" Not Necessarily a bad thing, but if we are going that way then let's milk it.

Let the infantile man-child nonsense of the comic book round never be repeated.

Call me middle-class and middle-aged, but it is hard to argue around the water cooler that the NRL isn't low-rent, low-brow and low-IQ when a team walks out looking like this:
kw5PDNp.jpg

Am I watching the Storm here? At a glance, who can say?
VkRJu8C.jpg

Since I don't suffer from the cultural cringe, I don't need to go all the way with LBJ with Australian sporting icons. Can you imagine the LA Dodgers playing in a Crocodile Dundee shirt?
s8g2W4P.jpg

Is that the Roosters celebrating post-try?
f9unJ4T.jpg

Nope, it's the USA Tomahawks. Spot the difference. I wonder if the Chicago Bulls will be playing this week in a green singlet with a gold double-chevron?

those comic jerseys were exactly that -comical

they may have been done "well" but they were atrocious to see on a supposedly professional sports competition. that canberra setup was f**king awful

You don't think Captain America with a big Steggles on the front, worked?:sarcasm:

Zigwaa

Bench
Nate Myles was funny in the Cowboys (Thor) game, Sims brothers came in to start fights and Myles says to the ref "come on sir, they're heaps scary, they've got hammers and stuff" haha.

malleekid

Juniors
Since I don't suffer from the cultural cringe, I don't need to go all the way with LBJ with Australian sporting icons. Can you imagine the LA Dodgers playing in a Crocodile Dundee shirt?
s8g2W4P.jpg

Is that the Roosters celebrating post-try?
f9unJ4T.jpg

Nope, it's the USA Tomahawks. Spot the difference. I wonder if the Chicago Bulls will be playing this week in a green singlet with a gold double-chevron?

chicago-bulls-st-patricks-day-jerseys.jpg

Is that a double chevron around the neck..?:sarcasm:

All jokes aside, the NBA is pushing the transition from singlets to T's despite MAJORITY opposition from the fans. Why upset the fans? More rent-able space for planned allowance of sponsored jerseys.

While we complain about walking billboards that are NRL jerseys, won't be a long until even the big american sports have sold themselves.