What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It is my opinion, and no I don't have an affidavit to tender, that selling out in a brazen and childish way doesn't do much to get the NRL viewed as a world class competition.

Here, on LU, #codeincrisis is the punch line to many a joke. Of course the NRL isn't going anywhere. But you would know as well as I do that the NRL is considered a bit of a joke on Eagle Street or Phillip Street. If we had a more professional image that might change. And broadening our demographic, in the context of crowds that may (or may not! ;-) ) be plummeting can hardly be a bad thing, can it?

I just genuinely don't think promotional jerseys have any sort of lasting effect on the public perception of the competition - if they do it certainly wouldn't be overwhelmingly negative. Comes down to a matter of opinion I guess, but even as you pointed out there are far more damaging things to concern ourselves with as NRL fans.

Zigwaa

Bench
Pretty sure it's close to this, happy to be corrected though.

2014 Primary Jersey Cycle
1. Manly – year 3
2. Souths – long term design, able to be changed
3. Penrith – Year 3
4. Dogs – year 2
5. Brisbane – year 2
6. Roosters - long term design, able to be changed
7. Melbourne – year 2
8. North Queensland – year 1
9. Warriors – year 3
10. Parra – year 1
11. Dragons - long term design, able to be changed
12. Tigers – year 1
13. Titans – year 1
14. Newcastle – year 3
15. Raiders – year 2/3
16. Sharks - long term design, able to be changed

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ok I digress on my entire argument with Voice of Reason from before.

f**k me...

10540813_10152580756210325_5294438629310212868_n.jpg

Bulldogs Auckland nines strip (with a very small blurry version of what I assume is our 80 Years logo)

beave

Coach
Bahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahhaa!!!

Breathe in........

Bahahahahahahhahaahhahhaahahaahahahhhaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaa!!!!!

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Just on the cycle of jerseys for each team

I can live with ours bar for a tweak.

Change the yellow stripes in the chest V to grey.

Keyhole the NRL logo and Cows logo so theres a 1cm gap around the logo and stripes to allow the logos to be more obvious. They currently get lost big time

And make the home jersey the away and vice versa.

beave

Coach
I remember GazF describing it as 'keyhole', like what they've done with the eels logos?

GAZF

First Grade
I remember GazF describing it as 'keyhole', like what they've done with the eels logos?

I would have used keyline.

The kids will LOVE the Bulldogs jersey. Should also bring in the attention of dog lovers worldwide.

Zigwaa

Bench

f**k me...

Bulldogs Auckland nines strip (with a very small blurry version of what I assume is our 80 Years logo)

Oh dear... that's terrible. But you watch it be out done by another 9's jersey in terms of hideousness.

In saying that, the 9's tournament is the place for this sort of jersey.

Flapper

First Grade

f**k me...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is one of the great days in Rugby League history. Jesus f**k!