What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

hellteam

First Grade
Broncos wore different socks tonight, wonder where they came from

Tonight -

536217-d3d59c02-1eef-11e4-9066-0beb7f687196.jpg

Usual -

broncos1.jpg

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
Bulldogs had an alternate starting in I believe 1999 - grey replaced the main blue part on the shoulders:

bulldogs-alternative-away-rugby-shirt-1999-s_416_1_500x400.jpg

After that the alternate shirt became the blue inverted I think around 2001-02. Was always the same one jersey prior to 1999.

Dragons alternate probably came in around that early part of the 2000's when the merger was in. Maybe 02-03?

Cool cool cheers

beave

Coach
Im interested to see what you come up with mate. The whole logo needs a revamp, if that means 'ta tas' to the horns, then so be it.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I hope that dogs 9's Jersey is an Internet joke. If it isn't then it gets my vote for worst Jersey ever

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Cowboys 20 year logo for next season

5_lezatkZEgxGC0kLw2Zf9kzd4FaKkh8BOTk8YmwslIisuM_UE5Tc-CUnVJB3g6taLW8zxDXyLvaHZ_nEAeQ3WGdxMYTNiEjxn5q70UC54SNZBIMzuuhyCcwQt_Z8uNNdpsSE6LBrKpIqM5j5z8=s0-d-e1-ft

Id rather see then make a total change. Lose the Dallas Cowboys Star, lose the horns and the bad, 90s-style "Cowboys" (its SO lazy to just write the team name across the middle of the image, and it has negative effects long term)....

Id rather see them dig into some classic Australian folklore; a black silhouette of a drover on his horse with the club colours forming a sunset in the background.

Edit: so basically this, except maybe more of an action shot...

As-Drover.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Id rather see then make a total change. Lose the Dallas Cowboys Star, lose the horns and the bad, 90s-style "Cowboys" (its SO lazy to just write the team name across the middle of the image, and it has negative effects long term)....

Id rather see them dig into some classic Australian folklore; a black silhouette of a drover on his horse with the club colours forming a sunset in the background.

Edit: so basically this, except maybe more of an action shot...

As-Drover.jpg

It's a nice idea but it'd probably look too much like the Brumbies logo.

gzerounian

Juniors
Can you try swapping yellow to grey, grey to blue, and blue to yellow?

It is very hard to do a version as good as my original as I had merged all layers but I think this is a vey rough version of what you wanted. My preference is still the one with more grey. I am a fan of grey on jerseys (specially with navy blue) and is unique to NQLD. To me navy blue and grey will always be NQLD.Their foundation jersey had very little yellow on it (besides the xxxx sponsorship).

262wacp.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
My serious attempt

jij0ua.jpg

I like that!!!

I would change a few things though...

- cowboy/horse in a solid black to really stand out
- different shape for the internal shield (looks very "soccer")
- brighter colours (so probably more gold) behind the drover
- the design behind the drove i think could look great as a sunset over mountains to really latch onto the Australiana and give meaning to the clubs colours (gold=sunset, blue and grey=twilight sky).

cristiano-ronaldo-611-kids-playing-soccer-during-the-sunset.jpg
(similar to this)

In the jersey, this would be too compicated to draw the eye. A dirivative of this (similar to Souths approach of just using the rabbit), so either JUST the cowboy silhouette or the shield minus the external circle

gzerounian

Juniors
I would change a few things though...

- cowboy/horse in a solid black to really stand out
- different shape for the internal shield (looks very "soccer")
- brighter colours (so probably more gold) behind the drover
- the design behind the drove i think could look great as a sunset over mountains to really latch onto the Australiana and give meaning to the clubs colours (gold=sunset, blue and grey=twilight sky).

I have made changes except couldn't change the logo shape.

2z724wk.jpg

thorson1987

Coach
Anyone know the story behind this dragons jersey today after they got beaten convincingly by the panthers?
2h58rcy.jpg

It's based on a tree native to the South Coast called the Illawarra Flame. It was picked for the indigenous round because it is recognised in the region for its importance to traditions of the local indigenous people...

p413280501-3.jpg

If i remember correctly, the "Illawarra Flame" was actually one other original proposals for the Wollongong club (before they chose Steelers). I dont know close it was to being selected, but the official reason for its removal from the list of potential names was because it was so heavily connected to local Union teams.

Edit: with regard to the spesific design, it could have been don much better. I love the texturing of the V, but i think if would have looked much better if the V was formed with the image of the tree rather than competing with it...