What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Out of all the themed rounds we have nowadays, its these 'indigenous' jerseys that are starting to wear thin on me. It seems all you need to do is apply some pattern of squiggles and dots along with some team colours and it passes as something 'indigenous' which fans are only going to forget in the next week. Besides the jersey used in the early All Stars games I can't think of any particular club jersey that stands out as memorable.

Blues Riff

Bench
OK, so I guess this one's official. Like I said, the red hands are a good design, but I don't love it.

@Smoothe Operator, I think your being a bit cynical. This art has some meaning surely, and it's to raise awareness of serious issues.

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench
Out of all the themed rounds we have nowadays, its these 'indigenous' jerseys that are starting to wear thin on me. It seems all you need to do is apply some pattern of squiggles and dots along with some team colours and it passes as something 'indigenous' which fans are only going to forget in the next week. Besides the jersey used in the early All Stars games I can't think of any particular club jersey that stands out as memorable.

If anything the indigenous jerseys have the most meaning out all the one off jerseys and special rounds.

I know which I prefer out of these and the marvel round jerseys :crazy:

douglasfisher

Juniors
1407823441133.jpg

Tigers aren't wearing these, but auctioning off a one-of-a-kind jersey.

I'm over the one off jerseys too, however they're here to stay and at least the Indigenous ones are for a good cause to highlight some of the issues that face the indigenous communities.

thorson1987

Coach
I'm over the one off jerseys too, however they're here to stay and at least the Indigenous ones are for a good cause to highlight some of the issues that face the indigenous communities.

And Women In League isn't a good cause?

Although I would prefer it if they did it how the NFL do their Breast Cancer Awareness week.

NFL-Pink-1.jpg

NFL-Pink-5.jpg

LeagueNut

First Grade
Frankly I'm stunned that the Warriors haven't taken this opportunity to produce yet another one-off jersey.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
To some the Comic Book jerseys are a good cause.

is the good cause publicity for Marvel?

raising social awareness about medical conditions or celebrating the contribution of a group (i.e. WiL) is what the one offs should be about, not movies or comic books. i dont mind the tribute jersey (broncos for cyril connell) as well but we really are seeing a diluting of the "brand" of teams which is what the speak seems to be about these days

some11

Referee
Frankly I'm stunned that the Warriors haven't taken this opportunity to produce yet another one-off jersey.

Have they ever had one?

NZ have their own indigenous people so I guess it makes sense if they aren't involved.

axl rose

Bench
And Women In League isn't a good cause?

Although I would prefer it if they did it how the NFL do their Breast Cancer Awareness week.

NFL-Pink-1.jpg

NFL-Pink-5.jpg

Damn NFL jerseys are just all class. When you have a 20 year waiting list for a season ticket I guess you can afford not to have sponsors plastered all over.

axl rose

Bench
Apparently NBA is gonna sell their jerseys soon

Man u getting like a billion dollars off GM has opened their eyes in USA

Going off topic here but is always raised when thier is NBA lockout. They are talking about a minor sponsors logo on the front though not ridiculous billboards like NRL. Personally cant see it ever happening. There was 'outrage' when NFL team put minor sponsors on pre season training jerseys.

Saint Doc

Coach
If Chicago aren't sponsored by Red Bull when sponsors are allowed in NBA, then someone is not doing their job!

kdalymc

Bench
Lol whoever said the broncos would need to wear the heritage strip...
Get a job at the NRL f**kwits

Souths looked really good tonight. Still think its a shame we didn't have our yellow indigenous jersey from last year. Would've been the pick of Close the Gap on the field.

(Yes, I know that I am contradictorily arguing that we should be wearing a special event jersey. Mea culpa.)

100%green

Juniors
Looking at the pre game videos and it really shows how lazy Nike have become in this country. This years Broncos jerseys are awful!!!