What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Interesting time for origin, a mixture of price hike and the medias sudden interest in international RL is putting a big dent in the nrl's jewel in the crown. Having the worlds best players on show in the nrl but not in origin is making people wake up to the fact that these in fact are not the best two RL teams in the world playing each other.

Good.

insert.pause

First Grade
Just got my origin 1 tickets - PAX - 29393. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunno how much you can take out of that with the NSWRL push for blatchy's blues membership, would it include maroons members allocation? corporates? etc.

On a side note, maybe sales are also sloppy because the NSWRL may have botched the blatchy's blues since aquiring them last year?

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
haha holy crap, and we only have the 1 home game.

origins on a downwards spiral after the blues broke the stream imo. cant get any better

international footy will become bigger as origin becomes smaller. will take decades though.

Will not shed a tear for its demise although i expect the nrl accountants will

DC_fan

Coach
Interesting time for origin, a mixture of price hike and the medias sudden interest in international RL is putting a big dent in the nrl's jewel in the crown. Having the worlds best players on show in the nrl but not in origin is making people wake up to the fact that these in fact are not the best two RL teams in the world playing each other.

In the sports section of todays Telegraph there is a wide range of sports covered. While league and origin were the main topic of conversation, Soccer with the A-League grand final being played this weekend (involving a Sydney team), the AFL with both Sydney teams going well and the Super 15 were given a lot of space.

It will be interesting in the lead up to Origin how much space and promotion the Telegraph especially gives the origin game. In years gone past the Telegraph on the day of the Origin game had their front page Blue in colour.

Like it or not its the the Telegraph who generate the interest in Origin.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
How have they botched the blatchy blues?

The NRL/NSWRL put the blatchy prices up too high just like regular tickets - QRL even gave the blatchys bays at Suncorp and DIDNT EVEN ALLOW MAROON CRUSADE BAYS.

Blatchy Blues and MC tickets are included in the pax, I think the only ones that aren't are the ANZ members.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
theres 5 mates and myself who are not going to the sydney game because we are going to the Melbourne game instead, I wonder how many other sydney peeps are doing the same.

Im going to all three origins - origin one and two with two other mates, the same ones. But they both aren't too keen on Brisbane's prices - I have ordered the woman to come haha.

SLR
Reds got 18k vs Rebels at the bottom of the ladder, yet top of table Broncos got 24k vs Penrith. Too close of a gap for a bottom team against the Broncos who should be getting a bigger crowd spread against Reds/Lions.

Canard

Immortal

Haha.

We are literally just days away from you other League bashers saying that the international game gets no press abd Origin dominates it.

And suddenly Origin is dead.

And the media are only interested in the International game.

Your beyond delusional.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha.

We are literally just days away from you other League bashers saying that the international game gets no press abd Origin dominates it.

And suddenly Origin is dead.

And the media are only interested in the International game.

Your beyond delusional.

You need to learn to read!

beave

Coach
That game should have been 16-18k. Looked like really nice weather, plenty of kiwis in western sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts