What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that the Roosters v Dogs drew a few crowds of around 35k plus in the early to mid 2000s? They seemed to have a big rivalry around that period and Morley was in his prime

if I remember correctly this was one of the few games in Sydney that could draw a crowd that big at the time?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters barely draw fans at Allianz let alone travelling 15km across town. Last night's crowd was 14k Dogs fans (about core when we're going shit) and 3k, if that, Roosters fans.

TheDalek079

Bench
shame on the bullscum fans. maybe we need to poach one of their star players to boost the rivalry then their fans will start turning up

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Roosters barely draw fans at Allianz let alone travelling 15km across town. Last night's crowd was 14k Dogs fans (about core when we're going shit) and 3k, if that, Roosters fans.

Do you think 14k home fans is ok for a club with as big a fanbase as canterbury?

pHyR3

Juniors
Do you think 14k home fans is ok for a club with as big a fanbase as canterbury?

when theyre going crap it's not too bad.

it would imply above 16k averages (given a few derbys and whatnot) which is fine for a team going badly.

its the chooks fans that were a massive let down. even if both teams arent going great it should pull 20k.

when teams are going good it should be pushing 30k, 20k dogs, 10k chooks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not much point in tribal rivalry if only one tribe turns up!

Great crowd in NQ. Hopefully Titans can one day become a genuine qland derby game for Cowboys as well.

Last edited:
Not much point in tribal rivalry if only one tribe turns up!

Great crowd in NQ. Hopefully Titans can one day become a genuine qland derby game for Cowboys as well.

Cows/Broncos is what a true tribal crowd should be, compare to the 100+ year rivalries elsewhere they struggle to reach 20k on there best day. Cows/Broncos draw the best non-public holiday crowds in the NRL. Amazing crowd, excellent game and right result.

pHyR3

Juniors
Just got my origin 1 tickets - PAX - 29393. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha holy crap, and we only have the 1 home game.

origins on a downwards spiral after the blues broke the stream imo. cant get any better

international footy will become bigger as origin becomes smaller. will take decades though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting time for origin, a mixture of price hike and the medias sudden interest in international RL is putting a big dent in the nrl's jewel in the crown. Having the worlds best players on show in the nrl but not in origin is making people wake up to the fact that these in fact are not the best two RL teams in the world playing each other.

Western_Eel

Juniors
theres 5 mates and myself who are not going to the sydney game because we are going to the Melbourne game instead, I wonder how many other sydney peeps are doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts