What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burns

First Grade
Townsville has a population of 189,000. Looks like they will get a crowd of 25,000-ish tonight as only 200 reserved seats remain in the alcohol free bays and one block of GA sold out.

That's just on capacity no? Great response from Townsville, hopefully they can keep up some big numbers for rest of year.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Your clearly a Northern Monkey.

The public transport in London and Paris is exceptional. Nobody drives it would take 4 hours to get across town in peak hour.

Sydney doesn't have the save level of public transport.

Correct

Its a f**king walk in the park to get to parc des princes. Even from the south side where its a slightly longer walk it's only ten minutes after getting off the metro.

On the other hand there are parts of Sydney that are barely fed by public transport.

Canard

Immortal
Townsville has a population of 189,000. Looks like they will get a crowd of 25,000-ish tonight as only 200 reserved seats remain in the alcohol free bays and one block of GA sold out.

Pretty exceptional for a Friday night fixture also, which really keeps away the out of towners.

I'm pretty sure this game hasn't sold out for quite some time.

Canard

Immortal
Now I just have to work out a way to watch it live, instead of the shitty NSW game we get every week.

beave

Coach
26,500. I wish they would let the 30,000 in that they used to.

Its bad enough when you have a 20k+ crowd, 30k like the old days is unbearable. Back in the middle 2k's when we were getting 20k to a lot of games and the new smoking laws in QLD were passed, it was easier at half time to grab a smokers pass out, go into a secluded part of the car park and take a piss there instead of the bullshit line up at the inadequate toilets in the stadium.

Or so I have been told.......

Kids don't pee in public. This has been a public service announcement.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Cowboys game has basically sold out - 10 seats left in the Alcohol free bay.

One side of GA is full. Will sell out tonight!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Cowboys game has basically sold out - 10 seats left in the Alcohol free bay.

One side of GA is full. Will sell out tonight!

Good although this fixture should never be far off capacity barring catostrophic weather imo

I am expecting 21k tonight which is about par but should be way more

Will join the "wish I was there crowd". One of the best nights at the footy I've ever had was Cowboys v Broncos 2005. Beautiful night, great crowd, right result.

DC_fan

Coach
No disputing this.

I just think the bullshit rhetoric from the pommy dickhead that Australian's don't attend sporting events is just that, bullshit.

We punch well above our weight, when you consider the constraints we are faced with.

Oh we still attend sporting events, but usually just the big events that get a lot of promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts