What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you believe that because some idiot claimed the League doesn't care about crowds that is legitimate?

Can your hand off it mate.

Your constant promotion of the AFL couldn't be more obvious.

Just like your alternate account Woody

Haha I can claim no responsibility for woody.

He isn't the only poster to suggest crowds don't really matter as TV is most important. It's a furphy and deserves to be outed as such with an example of how a well run club can earn more from crowds than TV. Sorry if this on some way offends you lol.

I have noticed with you that you never ever contribute to the discussion and just slate the poster of something you don't like. Shame really, you might have something worthwhile to contribute, then again maybe not.

Canard

Immortal
Haha I can claim no responsibility for woody.

He isn't the only poster to suggest crowds don't really matter as TV is most important. It's a furphy and deserves to be outed as such with an example of how a well run club can earn more from crowds than TV. Sorry if this on some way offends you lol.

I have noticed with you that you never ever contribute to the discussion and just slate the poster of something you don't like. Shame really, you might have something worthwhile to contribute, then again maybe not.

I'm the one claiming its a furphy. You clearly believe it to true because it suits your bias against Rugby League.

When posters, such as yourself, claim that what the Storm have achieved in Melbourne is nothing. I'll call people out.

I've complained about scheduling more than most, because guys like you don't do any critical analysis. Like Melbourne biggest game of the year being on a Easter Monday and clashing with the AFL. Or the Cowboys playing 3 Monday Night home games with one kicking off at 6pm.

This impacts on crowds, but guys like you just scream "Melbourne and NQ crowds are down!"

woodyk2

First Grade
I had some tough guy actually threaten me the other day and that is the definition of extreme moronics. Who the hell wants to punch somebody over crowd figures? Counselling....seek it.

Canard

Immortal
Yeah for some reason i'm thought of as an AFL fan for stating the bleeding obvious.

Your only contribution to this thread, was to claim that an AFL crowd in which the home team lost by 100 was a better atmosphere than any League game ever.

Tell me how that's stating the obvious?

And PR your defending that? Really?

Perth Red

Post Whore
My bias against RL? Haha
I spent over $2k going to see origin this year and will spend over $5k going to Wembley in 3 weeks if my club gets there next week, but yeh I hate RL and love afl despite the fact I've been to about 4 afl games in 15 years of living in Perth!

Like I said just keep yelling afl troll and ignoring the debate, it's what your good at.

woodyk2

First Grade
I'm the one claiming its a furphy. You clearly believe it to true because it suits your bias against Rugby League.

When posters, such as yourself, claim that what the Storm have achieved in Melbourne is nothing. I'll call people out.

I've complained about scheduling more than most, because guys like you don't do any critical analysis. Like Melbourne biggest game of the year being on a Easter Monday and clashing with the AFL. Or the Cowboys playing 3 Monday Night home games with one kicking off at 6pm.

This impacts on crowds, but guys like you just scream "Melbourne and NQ crowds are down!"
Any idea which team gets the most Monday games? Cronulla would be up there wouldn't they?

thorson1987

Coach

Come on man, this thread is all about constant bitching and moaning.

No need for some common sense in here.

Brutus

Referee
Nice crowds in NZ today.

Now to ANZ Stadium for the final game of the three tonight.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the premiers get at least 20,000. Afterall, they are the premiers and they are in the top four.

insert.pause

First Grade
I did t say they have no responsibility but the suggestion made was the Arlc should consider licenses if clubs fail to draw crowds. The NRL has a big part to play and in many ways more responsibility, especially if they want to set a kpi around crowd growth. Playing games on a Thursday and Monday night, having clubs in financial strife so they have to charge $60 for admission etc plays significant part in crowd sizes.

Under the current licensing agreements the NRL have next to no control over clubs & how they operate their business, it's always the poorly run clubs pointing the finger at the NRL for their failings, it's a cop out. Here's a crazy idea, how about the club promote their own games, open up to the media for interviews, be more innovative, show some god damn initiative & professionalism. Clubs get what they deserve most of the time.

beave

Coach

We have 2 monday home games this year. That Melbourne game should have been on Easter Sunday, it would be a guranteed 20k crowd.

And a Thursday night game. Which is also a shame because a saturday night against the Bunnies would have been a 18-20k crowd as well. I know you can't keep every team happy but it's not like our preferred Saturday nights are a highly sought after time slot by other teams.

Canard

Immortal
We have 2 monday home games this year. That Melbourne game should have been on Easter Sunday, it would be a guranteed 20k crowd.

And a Thursday night game. Which is also a shame because a saturday night against the Bunnies would have been a 18-20k crowd as well. I know you can't keep every team happy but it's not like our preferred Saturday nights are a highly sought after time slot by other teams.

Correction, 2 Mondays and a Thursday

Canard

Immortal
My bias against RL? Haha
I spent over $2k going to see origin this year and will spend over $5k going to Wembley in 3 weeks if my club gets there next week, but yeh I hate RL and love afl despite the fact I've been to about 4 afl games in 15 years of living in Perth!

Like I said just keep yelling afl troll and ignoring the debate, it's what your good at.

And you've said weekday? Four positive things about the game in 20 years?

Run me through the great gamut of solutions you have put forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts