What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Local modern stadiums, better scheduling, accepting we might need to take a little less money in the next deal to control scheduling and fan friendly fixture times, expansion to bring in another Brisbane team and Perth team that has potential for decent crowds, funding increase to clubs to cover a $5 child admission price for any seat at any game at any ground, funding clubs to take low drawing games on the road to places that will draw decent crowds and help grow the game, better marketing of special rounds and in general of games, a Sydney game of the week played on a sunday afternoon at ANZ with major marketing And event status with free admissions to members of both clubs and reduced admission for members of other clubs

Just a few suggestions I've made to increase crowds off the top of my head! One things for sure I do t accept mediocrity and just shrug and say that at least people are watching on TV!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Local modern stadiums, better scheduling, accepting we might need to take a little less money in the next deal to control scheduling and fan friendly fixture times, expansion to bring in another Brisbane team and Perth team that has potential for decent crowds, funding increase to clubs to cover a $5 child admission price for any seat at any game at any ground, funding clubs to take low drawing games on the road to places that will draw decent crowds and help grow the game, better marketing of special rounds and in general of games, a Sydney game of the week played on a sunday afternoon at ANZ with major marketing And event status with free admissions to members of both clubs and reduced admission for members of other clubs

Just a few suggestions I've made to increase crowds off the top of my head! One things for sure I do t accept mediocrity and just shrug and say that at least people are watching on TV!

Good points. With the healthiness of the balance sheet now and looking to be even better come the next TV deal i would have expected some sort of effort in terms of pushing attendance. The AFL sunday afternoon match is the "family game" of the round each week were kids get in free. The NRL do the same family sunday but without the free admission, i believe that when this match is at ANZ or allianz that it should be free for under-16's.

In terms of marketing i think that Sunday arvo, saturday night and FNF should get the focus of marketing each week. Add in special attention for rivalry and public holiday games and you have the start of a potential solid base of attendance

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good points. With the healthiness of the balance sheet now and looking to be even better come the next TV deal i would have expected some sort of effort in terms of pushing attendance. The AFL sunday afternoon match is the "family game" of the round each week were kids get in free. The NRL do the same family sunday but without the free admission, i believe that when this match is at ANZ or allianz that it should be free for under-16's.

In terms of marketing i think that Sunday arvo, saturday night and FNF should get the focus of marketing each week. Add in special attention for rivalry and public holiday games and you have the start of a potential solid base of attendance

Yep, we have to accept that some clubs and some games are always goingto draw more but of we can up,the number of 20k plus Games and work on around 14-15k being an acceptable low then the avg will push up nicely. It's not going to be easy and tbh I'm not sure if the NRL has the desire or the ability to come up with A strategic plan to make it happen but it is possible with some planning And money invested. It's about time we saw some the games massive wealth increase making a difference to the every day fan in a positive way.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Don't listen to this shit PR

Your posts are one of the most insightful things on this site

I hope the pirates seek u out once admitted and offer u a job at the club

elbusto

Coach
It's funny watching this debate about crowds as I have no choice other than to watch the footy on television bar the two times a year I travel to shark park to watch Cronulla. watching the bunnies and knights tonight with a few beers is very pleasant. Not sure I would bother going to ANZ to watch it. Half strength beer is the killer for me.

woodyk2

First Grade
It's funny watching this debate about crowds as I have no choice other than to watch the footy on television bar the two times a year I travel to shark park to watch Cronulla. watching the bunnies and knights tonight with a few beers is very pleasant. Not sure I would bother going to ANZ to watch it. Half strength beer is the killer for me.
Had free tickets...couldn't give them away. I honestly don't believe Saturday night is the go in Sydney for the NRL.

undertaker

Coach
As soon as I got to my seat and had a look around it was pretty disappointing, this is one of the best Broncos teams in a long time and bandwagoners aren't even interested?

Tell you what if we end up getting a home final and it's not sold out there's something wrong.

What happened to the 57,212 that turned up to watch the last-placed Gold Coast side at QE II Stadium back in 1993?

Status
Not open for further replies.