What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that too, but I was more specifically referring to the Gold Coast match, made more remarkable by the fact it was during the Origin period.

The last round match against the Dragons was potentially for the minor premiership, back when making the top 5 finals was more prestigious compared to today where a team can scrape into the finals in 8th position with less than a 50% W-L ratio.

The Broncos had four 50k+ crowds at QE II Stadium during that first year in 1993. After that, the only 2 times they cracked 50k was the last round match against the Warriors in 1995 (54,645) and the 1997 Super League GF (58,912). What also concerns me is that attendance to their marquee home game against the Cowboys - which cracked 50k in 2007 and 2008 - has declined to around 40k at a more superior stadium (Suncorp) in a more accessible part of Brisbane.

Because nothing has changed in Brisbane between 1993 and now. No demographic change, no addition of professional sporting teams, no change to the amount of entertainment options.

Seriously one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read, and yes, that is taking into account... FabulousDave posts. I may as well say 50,000 used to go to afternoon games at the SCG in the 50s (or whatever) and now they don't. I mean, honestly. :roll:

Another shit crowd! Beautiful Sunday weather!

I'm sure there is an URGENT meeting going down at Moore Park right now, with Perth Red in attendance, discussing what must be DONE.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Excellent well done doggies fans. I wonder how the club will handle its stadia balance in future. Any doggies fans got the inside word on that?

I cant imagine they would use Belmore more than once/twice a year...

The reason the crowd today was so good was BECAUSE it was a "once a year" event. Any more and the attendence would drop to Campbeltwon/Leichhardt/Brooky levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts