What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol:
Typical know nothing broncos spastic
There were more Raiders fans there then Panthers fans :cool:

Sure felt like it. it was such a beautiful day too, 20 degrees, clear skies.

My first away game in a few years, in absolute perfect conditions for football. What's doing Penrith?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There would have been 6015 at Belmore today had the Dogs been playing the Raiders.

Today's Belmore crowd would have been 19,005 regardless of opponent - it was Sunday arvo at Belmore for the first time in nearly two decades.

As for Penrith - not an excuse so much but members were forced to pay for the match as it was not included in membership - originally was supposed to be shifted I think to Christchurch.

undertaker

Coach
Apart from different safety protocol these days, they've also closed off the northern (train line) standing area, so it's effectively like Gosford where it's a three-sided stadium.

A shame they closed off the northern standing area. I know you can see the construction work/closed off parts of the northern standing area compared to when you watch those old games at Belmore from the '90s, but I think they was enough room to definitely fit some more people there today, especially if they removed that mound where Ch9 had their cameras and where the pre-game show panel were.

Nevertheless, it was a great sight to see the hill area packed to the rafters, much like the packed Eastern hill the Tigers used to get at Leichhardt on a Sunday arvo before their form turned to shite (Leichhardt also has a capacity of around 20k or so).

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
As for Penrith - not an excuse so much but members were forced to pay for the match as it was not included in membership - originally was supposed to be shifted I think to Christchurch.

Looks like a lot of members refused to pay for their seat because the members sections were almost empty.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Today's Belmore crowd would have been 19,005 regardless of opponent - it was Sunday arvo at Belmore for the first time in nearly two decades.

Hahah! Brutus 1, Timmah 0.

woodyk2

First Grade
They want to get rid of suburban grounds but the crowds look so much better on the tele. Instead of building mega grounds of which we have enough of why not spruce up the suburban grounds? Or am I being to logical?

woodyk2

First Grade
Atmosphere at the smaller grounds fuggs all over half/three quarter empty stadiums...oops im being logical again. My bad.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Problem is that many times we aren't even filling those smaller grounds. Gotta start finding the right balance between using the big venues and the smaller ones.

mxlegend99

Referee
While Panthers crowd was poor. The fact members had to pay for entry would have hurt it a fair bit IMO.Apparently they had cheaper tickets if you booked in advance, but most members never saw that email and a person with a season pass was paying $20+ still to enter.

They're cheap merkins out this way.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They want to get rid of suburban grounds but the crowds look so much better on the tele. Instead of building mega grounds of which we have enough of why not spruce up the suburban grounds? Or am I being to logical?

do they?

122084-brookvale-oval.jpg

crappy suburban rounds or empty monster stadiums. Neither are a great answer to the games needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts