What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
do they?

122084-brookvale-oval.jpg

crappy suburban rounds or empty monster stadiums. Neither are a great answer to the games needs.

You are such a sad human

More marketing in Sydney please. Every light pole in the Brisbane CBD, all the way down Roma Street to the transit centre has a Broncos poster on it. They are visible. Some 6015heads might think crowds should be bigger, but they are trying. Can someone enlighten me (I am not trolling here, nor am I in Sydney) if this sort of public presence is visible in Sydney?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And stop being metkins refusing access to opposition fans into their leagues club because they wear team colours.

I thought colour discrimation was a thing of the past

WTF does our football club have to do with a dumb Leagues Club policy? Completely different boards.

Belmore will be great... until the novelty fades, and then it will be like Campbelltown.
Spot on, sadly.

do they?

122084-brookvale-oval.jpg

crappy suburban rounds or empty monster stadiums. Neither are a great answer to the games needs.

How does a photo taken well before kickoff support your point? Granted, crowds at some suburban venues aren't great all the time but your post is the most ridiculous thing I've seen for someone purporting to be a rugby league fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ge'ez I love the sand in the vagina mob on this forum! Someone suggested crowds at suburban grounds were a better look for the game than an empty ANZ. They are the ones making generalisations about suburban grounds based on the every rare occasions you get 17k plus turn up to one. Take. A look at the FACTS, how many games at Penrith, Cronulla, Leichhardt, Campbelltown, win or brookvale have drawn 17k plus crowds this year?

The problem you have is a lack of vision for what our game really needs in Sydney. Boutique modern 20k - 25k stadiums in key places with sfs and a decent 35k servicing the big clubs or big games. Grass hills that look Like something out of the 70's belong in the 70's not in a top tier modern sport like NRL other than For rare nostalgic moments when Gus can wax lyrical about how good a full hill looks.

Likewise empty 45-85k stadiums are not the answer either. The fact the NRL thought the answer to the crowd problem is to build another 60k stadium at Moore park leVes me thinking they have no clue what to do either.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
Ge'ez I love the sand in the vagina mob on this forum! Someone suggested crowds at suburban grounds were a better look for the game than an empty ANZ. They are the ones making generalisations about suburban grounds based on the every rare occasions you get 17k plus turn up to one. Take. A look at the FACTS, how many games at Penrith, Cronulla, Leichhardt, Campbelltown, win or brookvale have drawn 17k plus crowds this year?

The problem you merkins have is a lack of vision for what our game really needs in Sydney. Boutique modern 20k - 25k stadiums in key places with sfs and a decent 35k servicing the big clubs or big games. Grass hills that look Like something out of the 70's belong in the 70's not in a top tier modern sport like NRL other than For rare nostalgic moments when Gus can wax lyrical about how good a full hill looks.

Likewise empty 45-85k stadiums are not the answer either. The fact the NRL thought the answer to the crowd problem is to build another 60k stadium at Moore park leVes me thinking they have no clue what to do either.
FFS give it a break. Everybody is sick to death of you.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Parramatta 35k stadium is apparently the 1st one to be built...

within one year I reckon Eels, tigers, dogs and penrith will all want to play games from it..

If we could average 25k at this stadium, it could solve a crap load of NRL problems in one hit..

user_nat

Coach
Parramatta 35k stadium is apparently the 1st one to be built...

within one year I reckon Eels, tigers, dogs and penrith will all want to play games from it..

If we could average 25k at this stadium, it could solve a crap load of NRL problems in one hit..

25k won't happen. A new stadium will probably bring pricing more similar to SEQLD.

alien

Referee
A few mates and I had a discusion last night at the footy.

If you were to build a 65k Suncorp-esque stadium in Sydney, where do you put it

A) Homebush

or

B) Moore Park

We were split 2-2, I would prefer it at Homebush but on the proviso some extra shit is built in the area to help the gameday experience (bars and so forth). There really is no perfect area though. I can't think of any free/open land near the CBD/rail lines that would be able to accomodate a stadium of that size.

definitely homebush/olympic park. even a crowd of 20,000 at moore park and it's a nightmare to get out of the area after the game (if you are driving) and not enough parking space there, and olympic park is more central in the sydney metro area. the main sydney stadium (anz stadium) is in the perfect location. i wonder how much it would cost to tear it down and build a suncorp stadium-like stadium there???

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Good crowd for a Monday night last night. Surely the Cowboys will get close to 20K this Saturday given their form?

Status
Not open for further replies.