What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bench
Make no mistake, I'm disappointed that Bulldogs fans didn't turn up in greater numbers.

And as I was there, I can be pretty confident my ratio was right. Broncos bring more away fans to ANZ.

It was a good crowd considering the rubbish Football we been playing!
Praying Hodkinson gets picked for Origin so he won't play this weekend!

Canard

Immortal
25,000 General public tickets still available for Origin one.

What a massive FU from the public with regards to their ridiculous pricing policy!

People are just waiting knowing that severe discounting is going to occur in the next week or so.

I have no doubt it will get near capacity in the end, but the people that bough tickets early will be very upset.

Just like what happened last year at Suncorp.

insert.pause

First Grade
What a massive FU from the public with regards to their ridiculous pricing policy!

People are just waiting knowing that severe discounting is going to occur in the next week or so.

I have no doubt it will get near capacity in the end, but the people that bough tickets early will be very upset.

Just like what happened last year at Suncorp.

doubt it, reckon it has just as much to do with sydney not giving a shit now that they have won a series, look at this https://twitter.com/RL_Ratings/status/600105377842143232

They don't go to game 1 most years & has never sold out, regardless of price.

Canard

Immortal

insert.pause

First Grade
Good stats. I went to Game 3 in 2013 and the placed was packed (IIRC), so must have been thinking of that.

Where would 25k less than capacity put it on that list?

I think it may still get 65-70k, so 2010 numbers, anything over 70k could be a miracle if reports are accurate.

insert.pause

First Grade
Yeah I think it will get 65-70k.

If they didn't organise the $50 tix it would have been 40-50k.

They only started that in may, makes you wonder how they didn't see it coming at least month earlier than that, they need to hurry up and hire a Head of Commercial, wh presumably would have dropped prices or integrated tickets with other deals earlier.

doubt it, reckon it has just as much to do with sydney not giving a shit now that they have won a series, look at this https://twitter.com/RL_Ratings/status/600105377842143232

They don't go to game 1 most years & has never sold out, regardless of price.

Back when Origin prices were cheaper and couldn't sell out for game 1. What was the excuses back then? The supposed pinnacle can't even sell out in NSW said more about Origin that it thinks.

Lack of passion right there for the proclaimed home of rugby league. QLD is more passionate for rugby league than NSW will ever be. 2nd Brisbane team need to come in to address the imbalance of QLD/NSW teams in the NRL.

Canard

Immortal
Back when Origin prices were cheaper and couldn't sell out for game 1. What was the excuses back then? The supposed pinnacle can't even sell out in NSW said more about Origin that it thinks.

Lack of passion right there for the proclaimed home of rugby league. QLD is more passionate for rugby league than NSW will ever be. 2nd Brisbane team need to come in to address the imbalance of QLD/NSW teams in the NRL.

C'mon whose joke account is this?

Its clearly a NSW fan, trying to drum up some bad blood.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
In the past when one of the states had 2 home games it would always be games 1 and 3 right? Would explain why fame 1 rarely sold out as people had another and potentially the decider to go go.

papabear

Juniors

lol

QLD the home of rugby league - QRL - reserve grade.
NSWRL - turned into the NRL (which queensland now have their two biggest clubs running in. ) Also now run a reserve grade equivalent to the premier qld competition.

insert.pause

First Grade
In the past when one of the states had 2 home games it would always be games 1 and 3 right? Would explain why fame 1 rarely sold out as people had another and potentially the decider to go go.

only got 72k in 06 when decider was in melbourne & Lang Park has only once got less than 52k to any game since it was redeveloped, last years dead rubber, 50k.

I think they should have had game 1 in melbourne so series was on the line in sydney for game 2.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
lol

QLD the home of rugby league - QRL - reserve grade.
NSWRL - turned into the NRL (which queensland now have their two biggest clubs running in. ) Also now run a reserve grade equivalent to the premier qld competition.

NSW = poker machines.

I retract the previous narky comment. Easts Tigers would be happy with this crowd. Well, not if they were playing Wynnum-Manly, but otherwise...

Diesel

Referee
Perhaps it's 20,000 average*

*average excludes MNF, FNF when Broncos not at home, Sat Arvo, Sun Arvo at 4pm and Th.NF

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Perhaps it's 20,000 average*

*average excludes MNF, FNF when Broncos not at home, Sat Arvo, Sun Arvo at 4pm and Th.NF

Dont forget saturday 5.30 and 7.30 as well as sunday 2pm

Nothing seems to suit some fans who whinge about day football because it clashes with junior sport and night games as its "too cold" and too late for families

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts