What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
North beach sea eagles would block it lol.

Might be in Melbourne for origin2 so just looked for tickets. Plenty available. Not sure why people are saying its subsidised. A mid range seat is $130.

insert.pause

First Grade
Origin is proving harder to sell because we are not as desperate as last year, having finally broken QLD’s eight-year dominance of the series.
Interestingly, Sydney has rarely sold out at ANZ Stadium for game one of Origin.
The average game one attendance since the stadium was built is only 67,813, which the NRL is on target to achieve on Wednesday week, despite being criticised over the high ticket prices.
http://www.news.com.au/national/for...n-sydney-matches/story-e6frfkp9-1227359316107

cleary89

Coach
I was going to go with some non league mates. The $50 tickets are literally up the back of level 6. $96 to sit in that level 3 50m from the dead ball line and $146 for lower bowl behind the posts. I cant justify that on a wednesday night and neither could they.

4 more at the pub somewhere.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I was going to go with some non league mates. The $50 tickets are literally up the back of level 6. $96 to sit in that level 3 50m from the dead ball line and $146 for lower bowl behind the posts. I cant justify that on a wednesday night and neither could they.

4 more at the pub somewhere.

I got $50 tickets in 145-2....

Be patient, they are plotting them around the bottom too. $50 a pop.

Right now if you select ten tickets:Category: Sky Blue ($50)
Section: 144-2
Row: 44
Seat/s: 43-52

These tickets are currently the best available that match your request
ezyTicket
10 x Sky Blue - Adult

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 10 CROWD STATS - 8 games
R10 Total: 118,009 | R10 Average: 14,751
Season 2015 CROWD STATS - 80 games
Season Total: 1,260,075 | Season Average: 15,751
------------------------------
Round 10 | 8 games | AGGREGATE: 134,969 | AVERAGE: 16,871
SEASON 2014 | 80 games | AGGREGATE: 1,358,725 | AVERAGE: 16,984

Burns

First Grade
Round 10 CROWD STATS - 8 games
R10 Total: 118,009 | R10 Average: 14,751
Season 2015 CROWD STATS - 80 games
Season Total: 1,260,075 | Season Average: 15,751
------------------------------
Round 10 | 8 games | AGGREGATE: 134,969 | AVERAGE: 16,871
SEASON 2014 | 80 games | AGGREGATE: 1,358,725 | AVERAGE: 16,984

Absolutely shocking. It's not as if the standard of footy is worse this year either.

insert.pause

First Grade
Absolutely shocking. It's not as if the standard of footy is worse this year either.

The thing that absolutely shits me is the NRL gave Sydney it's precious Sunday afternoon football for marquee games, free public transport for ANZ, $50 family pass for all Sydney games and the crowds are still crap, you can only blame the NRL for so long to hide the fact Sydney are just apathetic and couldn't be bothered going to games.

Souths, first game at home after winning their first premiership in 43 years playing against a 100 year rival who were playing their first game in Sydney after being minor premiers and playing on a Sunday afternoon and the crowd was a pathetic 27,000!!! it is clearly a Sydney problem.

And yet we still have clubs clinging on to their shitty little local parks where they charge people ridiculous amounts of money to stand on mounds of dirt where dogs can take a crap for free, and all because they are so scared about alienating a few thousand old farts. Some Sydney clubs need to wake the f**k up and realise what century they are living in.

Last edited:
The thing that absolutely shits me is the NRL gave Sydney it's precious Sunday afternoon football for marquee games, free public transport for ANZ, $50 family pass for all Sydney games and the crowds are still crap, you can only blame the NRL for so long to hide the fact Sydney are just apathetic and couldn't be bothered going to games.

Souths, first game at home after winning their first premiership in 43 years playing against a 100 year rival who were playing their first game in Sydney after being minor premiers and playing on a Sunday afternoon and the crowd was a pathetic 27,000!!! it is clearly a Sydney problem.

And yet we still have clubs clinging on to their shitty little local parks where they charge people ridiculous amounts of money to stand on mounds of dirt where dogs can take a crap for free, and all because they are so scared about alienating a few thousand old farts. Some Sydney clubs need to wake the f**k up and realise what century they are living in.

Or you can simply accept that the game has been set up for TV and is not quite as popular as you think.

Or you can simply accept that the game has been set up for TV and is not quite as popular as you think.

This is the problem as the heartland is supposed to be the strongest and stable area in the game yet in the NRL it's the complete opposite fragile and constantly needed tended too. No other code has a fragile heartland like rugby league.

To think if it was stable and had great crowds/membership, expanison would be no problem however the constant financial instability, insular-narrow minding thinking of expansion, the negative media/death-riding of rugby league by it's own media and overall negativity has hindered the code dramatically.

No other heartland around the world has a rival code be he highest average attended team in the world besides rugby league. The Swans being the top attended team in NSW sums up how fragile the heartland is.

BunniesMan

Immortal
As Origin is a marquee event with marquee prices I wonder how much affect the travelling English Premier League teams are having on sales. I think there could be some people who would have spent big bucks on Origin decided against it because a) we won last year and b) they'll go see a one off soccer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts