What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
The club specifically requests Saturday evenings, in order to attract the largest number of fans, for home games - does it not?

And more often than not, they get the bulk of their games at either Saturday 5:30, 7:30 or early in the season, 9:30.

Avoid your childish insults, and actually engage in a debate maybe?

Your being an unreasonable arsehole.

You argument boils down to "the Cowboys have no reason to complain about bad scheduling, but it's Ok for Sydney teams to"

We only get 11 games a year to see the side, yet Sydney fans get 20+

As compared to the Broncos who are gifted 7 day turnarounds every year.

Debate that mutha f**ka

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
SOME people from Sydney feel a burning sense of superiority. :roll:

Don't think Brisbane will hit 34k tonight, average crowd - ekka must be effecting it. Still will most likely be the 10th largest crowd of the year.

Last edited:
@SLR -- The Sydney mindset is incredible. Eg. Timmah's remarkable comment before about Brisbane in the context of teams getting the timeslot they want. While every man and his dog knows it is Nine that makes this decision, and that the Broncos request (and get refused) more Sunday games every year, the LU mob think it's just fine to put the boot into the Broncos (and as we've seen the last few pages, the Cowboys). But, hey, if you respond you're a troll. Unless you don't respond in English (and I am not going to identify that capital poster).

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett said yesterday that while ideally Brisbane would like more Sunday games there was little point fighting the networks.

“It excites me Sunday afternoon. Under daylight, dry conditions, it will be conducive to really good football,” Bennett said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-to-control-draw/story-fniabm4i-1227447309709

greg

Juniors
SOME people from Sydney feel a burning sense of superiority. :roll:

Don't think Brisbane will hit 34k tonight, average crowd - ekka must be effecting it. Still will most likely be the 10th largest crowd of the year.
No I don't think sense of superiority, just annoyance at Broncos fans raving about these crowds they get in a one team city of 2 million people. Broncos fans love to compare apples with oranges. As for the crowd in Townsville on a Thursday night, well done I thought. Not a great night to attract a crowd from their vast area of fans.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
@SLR -- The Sydney mindset is incredible. Eg. Timmah's remarkable comment before about Brisbane in the context of teams getting the timeslot they want. While every man and his dog knows it is Nine that makes this decision, and that the Broncos request (and get refused) more Sunday games every year, the LU mob think it's just fine to put the boot into the Broncos (and as we've seen the last few pages, the Cowboys). But, hey, if you respond you're a troll. Unless you don't respond in English (and I am not going to identify that capital poster).

Summed up to perfection.

No I don't think sense of superiority, just annoyance at Broncos fans raving about these crowds they get in a one team city of 2 million people. Broncos fans love to compare apples with oranges. As for the crowd in Townsville on a Thursday night, well done I thought. Not a great night to attract a crowd from their vast area of fans.

PRICING
I highly doubt Sydney could find 80,000 per week at ANZ paying NO LESS than $40-$95 for a ticket. If we look at the two Easter weekend crowds at ANZ 40,500 and 35,500 - both had exceptional pricing and on public holidays. I am not bashing Sydney crowds here, I am noting a key incentive that is never offered in Brisbane.

While Broncos crowds could be better, I stand by the fact that the pricing eliminates a huge demographic.

Further, around the concept of the Easter show in Sydney. Has anyone at League Central thought of the synergies of the Ekka? Monday is a public holiday in all of the surrounding local government areas to Brisbane, Wednesday a public holiday in the city itself. What do we get to work with this? Another ****ing Friday night game. Hoop dee do.

Of course, League Central has little latitude to do anything while Nein holds the scheduling power, but maybe south of the Tweed you should consider yourself lucky for some of the local "event" games that are created where we don't get the same opportunities.

Or do you think Sydney is the only place with a show?

Valheru

Coach
Cowboys crowd was a good effort for a Thursday night but their fans for some reason have had a bit of a meltdown over the slot. Timmah is right, 8/12 home games on a Saturday night with 1 other on a Friday night is more than fair.

I used to like this thread more when it was just about how unfair it was the Roosters got an ANZAC Day boost every second year.

Now I have to think about it.

Canard

Immortal
Cowboys crowd was a good effort for a Thursday night but their fans for some reason have had a bit of a meltdown over the slot. Timmah is right, 8/12 home games on a Saturday night with 1 other on a Friday night is more than fair.

Look at my posts, I haven't said the draw is "unfair" ONCE. Ive said that these things need to be accounted for when people talk about crowd numbers. You can't say "Crowds are down!! When games are on Thursday and Monday night at 6pm.

Also, look forward to no complaints from any other teams fans on having MNF or TNF from now on then.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just a little breakdown though:

Bulldogs; a bunch of Fridays (one PH afternoon), a bunch of Saturdays, a couple of Sundays and a couple of Mondays the first game back at Belmore and Queens Birthday afternoon PH.
Brisbane; a bunch of Fridays, one Saturday 8pm ANZAC day, one Sunday and two Thursdays.
Cowboys; a bunch of Saturdays, a couple of Fridays, two Mondays and a Thursday.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Look at my posts, I haven't said the draw is "unfair" ONCE. Ive said that these things need to be accounted for when people talk about crowd numbers. You can't say "Crowds are down!! When games are on Thursday and Monday night at 6pm.

Also, look forward to no complaints from any other teams fans on having MNF or TNF from now on then.

The first paragraph is completely valid and I agree. Too many people are quick to bag crowds whilst ignoring timing.

The second paragraph is more what my comment was referring to. Cowboys fans seem to think they have a special exemption from crap slots as evidenced by the comments when the last 6 rounds were first announced.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The first paragraph is completely valid and I agree. Too many people are quick to bag crowds whilst ignoring timing.

The second paragraph is more what my comment was referring to. Cowboys fans seem to think they have a special exemption from crap slots as evidenced by the comments when the last 6 rounds were first announced.

I don't think they are after an exemption, they are just highlighting that the negative effect of Thursdays/Mondays crowd wise is probably higher for the Cowboys.

Canard

Immortal

But Roosters fans complaints are completely valid aren't they??

Status
Not open for further replies.