What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burns

First Grade
How about not thanks. I can't think of anything worse than having stand alone Origin weeks. 22 rounds is stupid, 26 is the right number, leave that alone.

It's for another thread, but you can beat your hat that the rounds will be reduced. 22 rounds is perfect and allows for more international games and no more Origin affected games.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It's for another thread, but you can beat your hat that the rounds will be reduced. 22 rounds is perfect and allows for more international games and no more Origin affected games.

Yeah just what the NRL wants...less games. Just what the TV networks want...less games. Yeah lets say it aint happening. We have the right balance now.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yeah just what the NRL wants...less games. Just what the TV networks want...less games. Yeah lets say it aint happening. We have the right balance now.

Ah but if they expand to 18 teams, either 18x11 gives more games than the current schedule

BuffaloRules

Coach
The people that propose the less rounds is offset by more teams/more games each weekend argument assume that all NRL games are of equal value.

Nine currently pay for 26 Friday nights a year and 26 Sunday arvos per year during the NRL regular season. They already get Origin and the Test matchs in addition to that.

Obviously if the number of rounds reduce, they have less opportunites to show NRL games on Friday nights and Sunday arvos....

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ah but if they expand to 18 teams, either 18x11 gives more games than the current schedule

18 times 24 (with the two byes taken out) is better than 18 times 20 for the networks. Sure people want to watch an International or two, but more people want to watch their normal side. Don't get why people are hellbent on getting LESS games! That is exactly what our competitors would want.

Looks like you're finally starting to make some sense instead of spinning that "fans lack passion" garbage.

Lack of passion claims can be backed up with ANZ rarely selling out for Origin throughout it's history. Being the showcase game and the 'pinnacle' there's no excuses for that to occur. You don't see empty seats at the Superbowl/Champions League final because it always sell out as the premiere games of there codes.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The people that propose the less rounds is offset by more teams/more games each weekend argument assume that all NRL games are of equal value.

Nine currently pay for 26 Friday nights a year and 26 Sunday arvos per year during the NRL regular season. They already get Origin and the Test matchs in addition to that.

Obviously if the number of rounds reduce, they have less opportunites to show NRL games on Friday nights and Sunday arvos....

Imo more markets but less games per team is the key. 18 teams playing 11 home games each across 22 rounds but with one split round either side of a 3 week origin period mid season. This gives 23 weeks of nrl footy plus 3 weeks of rep footy giving the same 26 week season plus finals we currently have. And for me the best competition structure moving forward crowd wise is a two conference setup of 9 teams after expansion with full home and away in each conference (and none of this sydney conference gibberish)
Then a further 6 games versus the other conference determined by ladder position from previous season. i.e by dividing the ladder into thirds for the mechanism and a formula something like below (3 home and 3 away)

Top A v bottom B
Top A V Top B
Top B v bottom A
Middle A v Middle B
middle A v Bottom B
middle B v Bottom A

pHyR3

Juniors

cant wait for it to be reduced. hopefully crowds and TV ratings rise as each game is more important.

this absolutely ridiculous 7 week shit show ends too

not to mention international footy and player welfare. its a no brainer but people with no clue will argue the opposite cause they wanna watch their suburban teams play an extra couple of games a year. meanwhile we can watch thrilling contests right now during origin where half the team isnt available, cowboys without JT, morgan, tamou and co. look so entertaining!

Burns

First Grade
Is there footy tonight? You wouldn't even know as every news story this week has been on Origin and Origin. Not looking forward to attendances over the next two months.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Is there footy tonight? You wouldn't even know as every news story this week has been on Origin and Origin. Not looking forward to attendances over the next two months.

Weather looks poo down there, will be like 10k tonight?

Burns

First Grade
Severe weather warning been issued. Considering both teams recent form plus the lack of any star-power due to Origin players being absent, as well as the start of Vivid Festival tonight, I would say 15k tops.

Canard

Immortal

To me its like when the ski fields try to charge you full price when all the chair lifts aren't running.

These games should be priced accordingly, say 60% of normal price or even cheaper.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Never seen this before but just saw advertising on one of the tangara trains. Advertising origin on the outside of the train, over a few carriages

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Section 608 at ANZ for origin 1 that were originally platinum and $224 are now selling as sky blue for $50. HAHA NRL you DeckHEADS.

guyver78

Juniors
Lack of passion claims can be backed up with ANZ rarely selling out for Origin throughout it's history. Being the showcase game and the 'pinnacle' there's no excuses for that to occur. You don't see empty seats at the Superbowl/Champions League final because it always sell out as the premiere games of there codes.

Mate you have obviously never lived or worked in Sydney so you really have no comprehension as to what we have to do to even get to the game on a typical Friday night. Even putting ridiculous ticket prices aside there are 5 other obstacles that we have to go through whichever direction we take to the game called Parramatta Rd, King Georges Rd, Homebush Bay Drive and Victoria Rd. Roads ALL leading to ANZ stadium. (Read article below).
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/53-billio...infrastructure-australia-20150521-gh6rzy.html

Just to give you an idea of what I?m talking about, last week when the Dragons and Rabbitohs were playing on a Monday night I left work at exactly 4:45pm. I work on the other side of the city and by the time I cut through the city, cut through Parramatta Rd and got to the game it was 6:40pm. That?s 2 hours in peak hour traffic. You people in QLD (especially those living away from Brisbane) have absolutely no comprehension of what we have to go through here just to get to a game.

I was in QLD last year on Anzac day for the Rabbithohs and Broncos game and getting in and out of that already brilliant stadium was a dream comparing to what we have to go through here to get to ANZ.

I do however agree with you that decreasing the competition to 20 games and making Origin a standalone weekend is a good idea. AT least that would preserve our top athletes a bit more and not force them into retirement so quickly.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

papabear

Juniors
I find qlders rarely have jobs, so the comprehension of going to the footy on a work night is new to them.

The comprehension of cutting through Sydney traffic from them is asking to much.

Burns

First Grade
Never seen this before but just saw advertising on one of the tangara trains. Advertising origin on the outside of the train, over a few carriages

There was a news report on Ten last night stating that there is a big push by the NSW Government to increase ticket sales. Hence ads all over trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts