What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
Section 608 at ANZ for origin 1 that were originally platinum and $224 are now selling as sky blue for $50. HAHA NRL you DeckHEADS.

I would not be happy if I was one of those fans who purchased the higher priced tickets.

The late discounting of tickets creates a problem for future years. Will fans in future hold off in buying tickets with expectations that the closer the game comes the less they will have to pay foir a ticket.

DC_fan

Coach
weather here in Sydney this morning is terrible. Very cold and very wet. It is expected to continue like this for the entire day. I don't expect a big turn up at ANZ tonight for the Souths v Parramatta game.

Does look pretty set in but will apparently clear around 3-4. Hopefully early enough for people to make the right decision!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I would not be happy if I was one of those fans who purchased the higher priced tickets.

The late discounting of tickets creates a problem for future years. Will fans in future hold off in buying tickets with expectations that the closer the game comes the less they will have to pay foir a ticket.

Yeah last year I waited and the 220 tix at suncorp dropped to $125 - the bloke next to me forked out $880 for his family and was spewing.

Agree with guyver. The 600s at ANZ should be $25.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Yeah last year I waited and the 220 tix at suncorp dropped to $125 - the bloke next to me forked out $880 for his family and was spewing.

Agree with guyver. The 600s at ANZ should be $25.

Better yet, why don't we just give them away in cereal boxes, honestly, people want everything for nothing. At 2 for $100 if you want to go to the only origin game in Sydney after winning the first series in 8 years, you will go, others who never go anyway will bitch about the hundreds of reasons why they are instead watching on TV.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The thing that absolutely shits me is the NRL gave Sydney it's precious Sunday afternoon football for marquee games, free public transport for ANZ, $50 family pass for all Sydney games and the crowds are still crap, you can only blame the NRL for so long to hide the fact Sydney are just apathetic and couldn't be bothered going to games.

Souths, first game at home after winning their first premiership in 43 years playing against a 100 year rival who were playing their first game in Sydney after being minor premiers and playing on a Sunday afternoon and the crowd was a pathetic 27,000!!! it is clearly a Sydney problem.

And yet we still have clubs clinging on to their shitty little local parks where they charge people ridiculous amounts of money to stand on mounds of dirt where dogs can take a crap for free, and all because they are so scared about alienating a few thousand old farts. Some Sydney clubs need to wake the f**k up and realise what century they are living in.

It's the customers fault said no successful business person ever.

DC_fan

Coach
Better yet, why don't we just give them away in cereal boxes, honestly, people want everything for nothing. At 2 for $100 if you want to go to the only origin game in Sydney after winning the first series in 8 years, you will go, others who never go anyway will bitch about the hundreds of reasons why they are instead watching on TV.

I understand where you are coming from.

Its like when people go shopping at electronic or clothing stores, unless there is a sale on they don't like to buy. It has got to the stage stores now have permanent sales on. Otherwise they don't have any customers.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I understand where you are coming from.

Its like when people go shopping at electronic or clothing stores, unless there is a sale on they don't like to buy. It has got to the stage stores now have permanent sales on. Otherwise they don't have any customers.

People just do not have significnant dollars to spend on discretionaries. The economy is stuffed and the rugby league heartland supporter is significantly affected. The NRL does not see this at all. David Smith just does not understand the NRL market at all and neither do his highly paid lackies. He is taking the game out of reach of the core market and aiming for the same customers that the ARU and AFL appeal to. The upper middle class.

The NRL just does not have the appeal of this segment. What people outside of Sydney don't get is that the upper middle and upper class in Sydney in general does not give 2 hoots about Rugby League. I have spend the past 15 years working in 2 large global IT companies and mixing with sales, marketing, senior delivery managers etc etc and only a tiny % care for league. There is a much greater interest in talking about the Rugby or God forbid, AFL.

A lot of my mates that I grew up with loving Rugby League have lost interest in the game overtime due to a perception that results of matches are contrived to certain clubs favoured by the NRL, inconsistencies with the MRC and judiciary process, high cost of attending games and match timeslots that are not family friendly to attend. I cannot say I blame them either.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Its not about people wanting everything for nothing. Its about the greedy motherfeckers at the NRL that want to cash in on us to fund their chauffeur driven 7 series BMW's.

These idiots have probably never sat up on level 6 at ANZ and if they did they sure as hell would not pay $220 to do so.

They have priced out all the grass-root fans with illogically categorised ticket pricing.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
People just do not have significnant dollars to spend on discretionaries. The economy is stuffed and the rugby league heartland supporter is significantly affected. The NRL does not see this at all. David Smith just does not understand the NRL market at all and neither do his highly paid lackies. He is taking the game out of reach of the core market and aiming for the same customers that the ARU and AFL appeal to. The upper middle class.

The NRL just does not have the appeal of this segment. What people outside of Sydney don't get is that the upper middle and upper class in Sydney in general does not give 2 hoots about Rugby League. I have spend the past 15 years working in 2 large global IT companies and mixing with sales, marketing, senior delivery managers etc etc and only a tiny % care for league. There is a much greater interest in talking about the Rugby or God forbid, AFL.

A lot of my mates that I grew up with loving Rugby League have lost interest in the game overtime due to a perception that results of matches are contrived to certain clubs favoured by the NRL, inconsistencies with the MRC and judiciary process, high cost of attending games and match timeslots that are not family friendly to attend. I cannot say I blame them either.

Good post.

Upper class in Brisbane is ALL about Rugby Union. I also have a few uncles who live in Sydney (bankers) and they have moulded into Swans members.

Good post.

Upper class in Brisbane is ALL about Rugby Union. I also have a few uncles who live in Sydney (bankers) and they have moulded into Swans members.

Well if NRL wants to grow it has to appeal to all classes, appealing just to the working class limits potential growth. The AFL successfully appeals to all classes yet the NRL limits itself to just one class (working class). A diverse NRL market works better in the long run that just appealing to the working class.

insert.pause

First Grade
Its not about people wanting everything for nothing. Its about the greedy motherfeckers at the NRL that want to cash in on us to fund their chauffeur driven 7 series BMW's.

These idiots have probably never sat up on level 6 at ANZ and if they did they sure as hell would not pay $220 to do so.

They have priced out all the grass-root fans with illogically categorised ticket pricing.

Yes, ticketing was a mess, but $25 is too cheap imo for what is one of the two biggest games in Sydney all year.

taipan

Referee
Well if NRL wants to grow it has to appeal to all classes, appealing just to the working class limits potential growth. The AFL successfully appeals to all classes yet the NRL limits itself to just one class (working class). A diverse NRL market works better in the long run that just appealing to the working class.

Correct.The idea of getting Touch football on board( a sport catering for various members of society) is an example of getting through the back door.Getting more women involved ,and getting rid of the biff is aimed at getting a wider audience.
The fact millions of people from all walks of life watch SOO on TV,is an indication there ids a decent interest beyond just the so called working class.
Fact is union and AFL numbers are down in various areas,so perhaps all society stratas are affected by the sluggish economy.

taipan

Referee

Correct.The idea of getting Touch football on board( a sport catering for various members of society) is an example of getting through the back door.Getting more women involved ,and getting rid of the biff is aimed at getting a wider audience.
The fact millions of people from all walks of life watch SOO on TV,is an indication there ids a decent interest beyond just the so called working class.
Fact is union and AFL numbers are down in various areas,so perhaps all society stratas are affected by the sluggish economy.
Having a competitive Tets match also helps.Even Fitzsimons thought it was good value for once.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Crowds in west Sydney are down because GWS are now the number 1 sporting team out west. Will only get worse once they win the flag. West Sydney = AFL territory, time to re-locate all the West Sydney teams except Parra

guyver78

Juniors

Yeah Exactly right, nobody is expecting anything for nothing but Level 6, Section 606 and ROW 14 should have cost no more then $50 to start off with. How pissed off would you be if you paid $220 for something that someone sitting next to you got for $50.

That's worse in some aspects then leaving the seat empty.

guyver78

Juniors
HAHAHA How funny is this...

Prime Platinum seats in lower deck right next to diamond for $50 if anybody is interested...NRL getting really desperate now...

Category: Sky Blue
Section: 104-1
Row: 8
Seat/s: 3-4

DarceyLawler

Juniors
In 1988, the year the SFS opened Origin 1 got a crowd of 24,000, Origin III got 16,000 for the dead rubber. Darrell Eastlake commented about the empty seats to Jack Gibson, and noted the seats were $40. Gibson said: "It's a working man's game, they should charge a working man's price".

Know your history or be doomed to repeat it. The NRL need a much more sensible policy next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.