What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHyR3

Juniors
the melbourne game has clearly cannibalised a lot of NSW sales.

make a week of it with the kids and see some cheap origin, why wouldnt you?

they were bragging about how many sales from out of the state were made for the G but thats people who likely wont go to game 1.

lockyno1

Post Whore

they were bragging about how many sales from out of the state were made for the G but thats people who likely wont go to game 1.

You know the funny thing (well to be honest not that funny for me)....it is cheaper to go to Melbourne, get tickets to the Origin....than to just pay for the ticket in Sydney!

The blokes organising the tickets in Sydney are off their head! :eek:

Canard

Immortal

The thing is though, that the tickets to the G aren't that cheap.

Not when you consider that it's the "enemy" code trying to sell itself in a relativity new market.
The prices they have set are fine if they wanted 55k at Etihad. But are looking like a half empty G right now.

The G ticket sales aren't really selling to locals at all. Almost everyone I work with is keen to go but are baulking at the high price.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah up in top of the stands....yeah no thanks...and at ANZ...good luck lol. Actually going to game 2 at the MCG.

Nah i got my "skyblue" $50 seats in 145-2. In the lower bowl - look to see my previous post. A shyteload were sold in the lower bowl.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I got $50 tickets in 145-2....

Be patient, they are plotting them around the bottom too. $50 a pop.

Right now if you select ten tickets:Category: Sky Blue ($50)
Section: 144-2
Row: 44
Seat/s: 43-52

These tickets are currently the best available that match your request
ezyTicket
10 x Sky Blue - Adult

LockyNo1

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You know the funny thing (well to be honest not that funny for me)....it is cheaper to go to Melbourne, get tickets to the Origin....than to just pay for the ticket in Sydney!

The blokes organising the tickets in Sydney are off their head! :eek:

I got a $50 origin seat to Sydney then $140 return with Jetstar - cheaper than Suncorp.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

This happening for game three too - heaps of mates are choosing to go to the MCG rather than $220 plus for Origin 3.

fanatique

Juniors
Origin time. The annual mayhem inflicted on NRL crowds as everyone forgets the clubs for a month while watching representative stuff.

What other sport on earth willingly cuts the guts out of its premier competition in mid Season?

Canard

Immortal
Origin time. The annual mayhem inflicted on NRL crowds as everyone forgets the clubs for a month while watching representative stuff.

What other sport on earth willingly cuts the guts out of its premier competition in mid Season?

FIFA in 2022.

Every domestic cricket and Rugby comp in the world.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh decent seats at G start at $135 so not exactly cut price. In the gods is cheap but take your binoculars!

Canard

Immortal
Yeh decent seats at G start at $135 so not exactly cut price. In the gods is cheap but take your binoculars!

I've been for other rectangular codes and the view is atrocious.

Vics know this also.

I'm going for the event but know it won't be much of a spectacle.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Agree with all Locky - i prefer sitting in upper levels of MCG than lower Etihad!

Bottom level of Etihad is horrid.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agree with all Locky - i prefer sitting in upper levels of MCG than lower Etihad!

Bottom level of Etihad is horrid.

Unless you are right in the upper deck the MCG is a great venue. The issue is whether it suits rugby league, not sure. Ethiad is horribly overrated, it is an awful venue.

Should be breaks before each Origin to minimize NRL damage. Reduce the NRL to 22 games when expanding to 18 teams eventually. This time of the year is a joke and farce making the NRL an unfair and uneven competition. It's NRL B-season the next 8 rounds before regular programming.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Should be breaks before each Origin to minimize NRL damage. Reduce the NRL to 22 games when expanding to 18 teams eventually. This time of the year is a joke and farce making the NRL an unfair and uneven competition. It's NRL B-season the next 8 rounds before regular programming.

How about not thanks. I can't think of anything worse than having stand alone Origin weeks. 22 rounds is stupid, 26 is the right number, leave that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.