What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

First Grade
I am not quite sure what your familiarity with major sport leagues in the US is, but theyre expensive. In baseball during midweek games, especially if a team is playing a not so attractive opponent, you will see some decent deals.

But when a baseball team is playing a big time oppenent (yankees, rival, etc.) tickets can be expensive depending on where you sit.

NHL, NBA, and NFL tickets are ridiculous. Well above 50 dollars for an individual ticket. And there are no family deals I think, but dont quote me on that, I dont watch any of those leagues so never look into buying tickets, nor do I have a family.

Even MLS, considering the quality of play, can have some high prices.

And food and drink prices are a rip off. I rarely get anything to eat at an MLB stadium, and I never get a beer. I'll be enjoying an afternoon game in a couple days at my local AAA team, and will probably have a beer which will be about 4 or 5 bucks, no doubt that would be close to double the price at an MLB stadium.

At the college level the tickets are a lot cheaper, of course you have to donate money to the school on a regular basis to get those tickets.

The only league fans of any sport should want to copy is the Bundesliga.

I've been to the baseball in Tampa, Philly and New York. Tampa and New York and had the family with me at Tampa and New York.

Basketball in New York, NFL in New Orleans and an Ice Hockey final in Boston.

Tickets always seemed pretty reasonable, and the most recent ones were at Tampa and Philly and particularly Philly the choice, quality and price of the food was great.

Philly was a Sunday and pretty sure Tampa a Saturday.

Perth Red

Post Whore
For $30 I can get a ticket to Gold Class cinema. have a nice leather recliner, have a waiter bring me top shelf beer and wine and quality food and be entertained by 2hrs of Hollywoods best blockbusters.

Or I could pay $55 to sit in a plastic chair with no protection from the elements and watch 90mins of sport that might be a good game.

Still wondering why we are stuck on a 16k crowd avg for a decade now?

DC_fan

Coach
I keep saying it over and over again but it is as obvious as anything. More fans (and people) nowadays want an experience. They want MORE than the actual game.

1. Some form of entertainment, doesn't have to be a band, but give fans something.

2. Reserves grade before the game AT EVERY GAME.

3. Kids let on the field afterwards, period. No ifs, no buts, just do it. You can do it in a controlled manner. The kids look forward to this which in turn gets them talking to their friends at school, which in turn increases crowds next time

4. Ticket prices, they are just extortion for what you are paying for now. Most families can't afford a $300-400 night every week.

I have to agree with you.

The football experience should begin as soon as fans leave their home. So that means good and reasonably priced public transport to the game. Ticketed fans attending ANZ games receive free public transport.

Ticket prices to games should be reasonable as to should the food and drinks. Food outlets should be open early to cater for the early arrivals. Don't open the gates and let the fans in and have the food outlets closed for another 20-30 minutes like I struck at one Souths game last season.

The 40-50 minute break between the early the U-20's and the NRL game has to go. You can only watch your team warm up for so long before it get boring. Their should be no more then 15 minutes between the games.

Halftime should be no more then 12 mins max. Not 16 like it was in one game this past weekend. People, especially kids get bored.

Cut this crap out of having to refer to the video ref every 5 minutes when it is quite obvious to everyone what has happened. If it has to go to the video ref then limit the amount of time he has to look at the video. A game should go no longer then 95-100 maximum. Not the 110-120 mins we have had some games go for in recent years.

Fans want to enjoy themselves at a game. Right now I think some aren't, even if their team wins.

Valheru

Coach
For $30 I can get a ticket to Gold Class cinema. have a nice leather recliner, have a waiter bring me top shelf beer and wine and quality food and be entertained by 2hrs of Hollywoods best blockbusters.

Or I could pay $55 to sit in a plastic chair with no protection from the elements and watch 90mins of sport that might be a good game.

Still wondering why we are stuck on a 16k crowd avg for a decade now?

I get your point but you can't do the bold for the price mentioned, which is only the price of admission. Drinks and food at gold class is exorbitant and if you wanted a good meal, a wine and a beer over the 2 hours you are looking at $50 per person in total easily.

Perth Red

Post Whore
True but at least it is decent quality in a very high quality environment. Alcohol about same price for inferior product at the footy and food is cheaper but is deep fried crap most of the time. A night at the footy with a decent seat will set you back around $90 ($55 ticket, $20 two crap beers, $15 for some fried food). Night at gold class $82 ($30 ticket, $22 two decent beers,$30 good quality meal) . In terms of the experience and quality they are miles apart.

Now of course we go to the footy for the emotional roller coaster of supporting our team more than the ambience but still these are the leisure options the less fanatical are making choices of on a Friday/Sat for a night out.

alien

Referee
I am not quite sure what your familiarity with major sport leagues in the US is, but theyre expensive. In baseball during midweek games, especially if a team is playing a not so attractive opponent, you will see some decent deals.

But when a baseball team is playing a big time oppenent (yankees, rival, etc.) tickets can be expensive depending on where you sit.

NHL, NBA, and NFL tickets are ridiculous. Well above 50 dollars for an individual ticket. And there are no family deals I think, but dont quote me on that, I dont watch any of those leagues so never look into buying tickets, nor do I have a family.

Even MLS, considering the quality of play, can have some high prices.

And food and drink prices are a rip off. I rarely get anything to eat at an MLB stadium, and I never get a beer. I'll be enjoying an afternoon game in a couple days at my local AAA team, and will probably have a beer which will be about 4 or 5 bucks, no doubt that would be close to double the price at an MLB stadium.

At the college level the tickets are a lot cheaper, of course you have to donate money to the school on a regular basis to get those tickets.

The only league fans of any sport should want to copy is the Bundesliga.

yeah i hear the tickets to the nfl games are extremely expensive, and some people are on a 10 year waiting list or something. i guess when the demand is there they can do this. what the nrl needs to understand is the demand isn't there and that it is for the nfl games because most of the teams are the only team in their city/state

alien

Referee
2. Reserves grade before the game AT EVERY GAME.

some people like watching the young guys coming through in the under 20s

for normal club games it shouldn't cost more than $25 for a general admission ticket (walk up), and it shouldn't cost more than $20 if you buy it on an earlier day. drink and food prices at the game should be cheaper too. free public transport to anz stadium is good - maybe they can make that for some other nrl games too

lockyno1

Post Whore
some people like watching the young guys coming through in the under 20s

for normal club games it shouldn't cost more than $25 for a general admission ticket (walk up), and it shouldn't cost more than $20 if you buy it on an earlier day. drink and food prices at the game should be cheaper too. free public transport to anz stadium is good - maybe they can make that for some other nrl games too

Why can't you do both? What's to stop having all of the Reserves, U20's and the main game. So say a 7:30 main game, reserves can start at 3:40, 5:30 for the Under 20's, then the main game.

emesssea

Juniors
I've been to the baseball in Tampa, Philly and New York. Tampa and New York and had the family with me at Tampa and New York.

Basketball in New York, NFL in New Orleans and an Ice Hockey final in Boston.

Tickets always seemed pretty reasonable, and the most recent ones were at Tampa and Philly and particularly Philly the choice, quality and price of the food was great.

Philly was a Sunday and pretty sure Tampa a Saturday.

It depends on the context of those tickets and how you got them. Buy tickets from stubhub for the 2014-15 Knicks, youre probably going to get well below face value.

And baseball with the amount of games being played, you can always find some deals, minus the top games. I rarely buy my tickets directly from the Orioles, always buy from season ticket holders selling well below face value.

As far as food, Im sure the quality food may be worth the hefty price, but what Im talking about are things like bottled water and hot dogs that go for 1 dollar at the convience store,but are being sold at 4 or 5 dollars.

But I was purely talking about face value prices and it seems like the common complaint on this thread is NRL matches are too expensive, and that is a common complaint for our leagues as well. Even the NFL is starting to have attendance problems with people deciding the home viewing experience is much better than paying all that money to go to games (and apparently the stands at NFL games are filled with a lot of obnoxious drunks these days).

The big difference between the 4 main US leagues and the NRL is the US leagues have 30-32 teams while being located in a country of over 300 million people, so they can charge whatever they want because they know theres enough people willing to pay that. It doesnt seem the NRL has that luxury.

killbill

Juniors
yeah i hear the tickets to the nfl games are extremely expensive, and some people are on a 10 year waiting list or something. i guess when the demand is there they can do this. what the nrl needs to understand is the demand isn't there and that it is for the nfl games because most of the teams are the only team in their city/state

Really depends on the city - NFL is more like an event as less games, baseball so many games and lots of cheap options here with the Astros - food and beer is exorbitant here. NBA expensive and usually empty seats - minor league and college ball are good cheap options for the family.

Keep in mind Houston is about the size of Sydney and is a very wealthy city and football mad!

Here is an article on Houston Texans prices to give you an idea:

Texans? ticket prices going up for 2015 season

For the first time since the 2013 season, the Texans have increased ticket prices.

Next season, the average general ticket price for a Texans game will be $91.87 a ticket, an increase of 7.5 percent from $85.44 for the last two seasons.

Last season, the Texans? average ticket price ranked 15th in the NFL. The Texans predict they?ll have a similar ranking with this year?s increase.

The Texans have sold out every game at NRG Stadium ? 132 in a row ? since their inaugural season of 2002.

The Texans? 2015 home schedule features games against AFC South rivals Indianapolis, Tennessee and Jacksonville as well as New England, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Kansas City and the New York Jets.

The Texans? most expensive seat is $155 for field level prime 1. That?s an increase from $145. The least expensive ticket is $45 for gridiron end zone, an increase from $41.50.

The Texans are accepting applications for their season-ticket priority list that has more than 25,000 members. Go to www.houstontexans.com.

?NRG Stadium has earned its reputation as one of the best game-day experiences in the NFL, and Texans fans are a major reason,? said John Schriever, the team?s senior vice president of ticketing and event management. ?Our fans give us a tremendous home-field advantage, and this pricing structure will allow us to continue to remain competitive on the field and deliver an even more compelling fan experience.?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/01/texans-ticket-prices-to-go-up-in-2015/#28896101=0

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs V Roosters half price family passes for Friday night...

$25 four GA tickets!

ouwet

Bench
There are parts of ANZ Stadium that should be free entry due to the pathetic view of the game.

Waiting in line for half the game trying to get some food/drinks or use the toilet is better? Don't worry you got a muddy hill to look forward too.

Brutus

Referee
Waiting in line for half the game trying to get some food/drinks or use the toilet is better? Don't worry you got a muddy hill to look forward too.

Love those ANZ nosebleeds.

Love watching ants play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts