What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
GC need to find out where the missing 10k have gone. Their crowds in first three years shows there are RL fans somewhere out there. Need to find out why they've stopped going and figure out how they can bring them back. On the field they are an entertaining side, not sure off the field how much fun/value attending the game is?

Far too easy just to say it isnt working and they should move to Brisbane as some pseudo western corridor club. I suspect if they had got a fraction of the money the AFL is spending on the Suns they would be doing very well in all depts.

Red Bear

Referee
GC need to find out where the missing 10k have gone. Their crowds in first three years shows there are RL fans somewhere out there. Need to find out why they've stopped going and figure out how they can bring them back. On the field they are an entertaining side, not sure off the field how much fun/value attending the game is?

Far too easy just to say it isnt working and they should move to Brisbane as some pseudo western corridor club. I suspect if they had got a fraction of the money the AFL is spending on the Suns they would be doing very well in all depts.
They havent been entertaining until recently at all. They've been dire for 3-4 years (since the year they won the wooden spoon).

And GC.

Stick it out long term and it could turn out a good solid club, but it's a lesson that any new side needs a pretty long leash to establish themselves because most clubs seems to have a rough patch after an early honeymoon period.

beave

Coach
The club f**king over numerous local tradies, contractors and businesses was always gonna take a long time for the people of the GC to get over, I just hope they start turning up in numbers again because they're not a bad side. The excuses about their stadium being in the middle of nowhere is bullshit. There's a train line that runs to about 200m of the stadium, the robina town centre is not that far away to park and then walk 400-800m, I know because I did it for the first time last year and couldn't understand what people were whinging about. Sure there isn't any major pubs or clubs nearby but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to not go ans support the team. Prices are a legitimate excuse, the QLD gov have got to pull their heads out of their ass and realise that without the titans the joint has no full time tenant.

DC_fan

Coach
10,645 and that's pretty spot on imo, people see the empty end which is closed off but don't see the camera side.

A few times during the coverage the cameras gave viewers good shots of the western side of the stadium. Seriously there was not 10,000 plus fans there.

Canard

Immortal
Standing ONLY Tix now available for the MCG at $25 a pop.

That suggests a sellout.

PR and I should have just waited and we could have stood at the bar all night!

beave

Coach
Are these standing room tix the ones at the back of the lower bowl? You can't really see these areas on tv as you are too far back and under the next tier of grandstand. I stood there a few years ago for a Richmond Essendon game and it was the peanut gallery deluxe. Fun but a shit view.

Canard

Immortal
Are these standing room tix the ones at the back of the lower bowl? You can't really see these areas on tv as you are too far back and under the next tier of grandstand. I stood there a few years ago for a Richmond Essendon game and it was the peanut gallery deluxe. Fun but a shit view.

It would have to be Im guessing. You can stand from the members and watch the field from the top tier also, but not sure if you can from the GA.

It's not a great view, no.

Canard

Immortal
Whats the coverage in the media like down there?

Frankly, fairly non-existent. There has been a bit of banter around my office about it but thats about it.

I imagine on Wednesday there will be a few articles on both the local news and in newspapers

There has been a decent amount of advertising on TV, but I assume that is either paid for by the NRL (in either contra or $$)

Ha ha ha ha

:sarcasm:

StraightJacket.jpeg

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
about 9 k in melbourne..

Why didnt NRL schedule Storm v Brisbane on Friday night this week... that game used to sell out after origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts