What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players have consistently said they find it easier to back up on Friday night rather than later in the weekend.

Its bad enough to fail to make smart choices about new ideas but to change things that are proven to work is just stupidity.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Could you imagine Bellamy whinging about playing Monday into Friday PLUS Origin backups?

Please.

Saint Doc

Coach
You reap what you sow, pretty good turn out for 1/2 a Melbourne team. Maybe they should have offered a free ticket with every origin ticket sold?

Even though we know not everyone would have taken it, you can't offer 80,000 free tickets to a 28,000 seat venue.

Canard

Immortal
Gee the NRL have f**ked over the Storm this year, between clashing them with an AFL game on Easter Monday and putting them on the Monday before an Origin, they have truly shafted them.

The "other" code bends over backwards to make their expansion teams succesful, to the point of basically legal cheating, and we just keep shafting expansion teams.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even though we know not everyone would have taken it, you can't offer 80,000 free tickets to a 28,000 seat venue.

No but you could have offered a first come first served free ticket offer. Wouldn't have been hard, just give origin ticket purchasers a code when all seats gone offer is over.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No but you could have offered a first come first served free ticket offer. Wouldn't have been hard, just give origin ticket purchasers a code when all seats gone offer is over.

Or you could have had it as a much cheaper addition, like buy Storm v Eels ticket for $5.00 with only 10,000 available. Then keep the two for one offer going.

They had an additional offer with the purchase of a ticket to Eels v Storm and Broncos v Storm but they were still wanting $20 a seat.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You reap what you sow, pretty good turn out for 1/2 a Melbourne team. Maybe they should have offered a free ticket with every origin ticket sold?

Or you could have had it as a much cheaper addition, like buy Storm v Eels ticket for $5.00 with only 10,000 available. Then keep the two for one offer going.

They had an additional offer with the purchase of a ticket to Eels v Storm and Broncos v Storm but they were still wanting $20 a seat.

They actually had 2 for 1 mates rates last night. Didn't do much good.

Gee the NRL have f**ked over the Storm this year, between clashing them with an AFL game on Easter Monday and putting them on the Monday before an Origin, they have truly shafted them.

The "other" code bends over backwards to make their expansion teams succesful, to the point of basically legal cheating, and we just keep shafting expansion teams.

Is it possible the club asked for that, or it was strategic? I can see the thinking - schedule matches either side of Origin in Melbourne to drum up interest. It backfired but I can see why it was done.

And I'd hardly suggest Melbourne "keep getting shafted".

Canard

Immortal
Is it possible the club asked for that, or it was strategic? I can see the thinking - schedule matches either side of Origin in Melbourne to drum up interest. It backfired but I can see why it was done.

If they did request it than stiff shit to Melbourne, but I can't see that being the case. Who flies down early for Origin??

But post Origin on FNF, has been historically a good spot for Melbourne V Brisbane and has resulted in decent crowds.

Melbourne has been shafted in terms of scheduling this year.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
They actually had 2 for 1 mates rates last night. Didn't do much good.

I said "Keep the two for one offer" - I knew they had it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh should have been Friday v Brisbane. i'm going tomorrow and staying till Saturday and would have gone, I suspect many others might have as well, at worse you could have handed out promotional material at mcg with a ticket offer on it.

I know the NRL is at the beck and call of tv when it comes to scheduling but sometimes the decisions just seem plain dumb or ill thought out.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Looks like a Queensland Cup game has topped (or at least equalled) any of the NRL crowds for last weekend.

Papua New Guinea v Souths Logan at the new stadium in Port Moresby had well over 15,000 in attendance. The highest NRL crowd was 15,118. So much for saturation media coverage.

Brutus

Referee
Looks like a Queensland Cup game has topped (or at least equalled) any of the NRL crowds for last weekend.

Papua New Guinea v Souths Logan at the new stadium in Port Moresby had well over 15,000 in attendance. The highest NRL crowd was 15,118. So much for saturation media coverage.

Even big Mal, Badge or Jacko wouldn't have played in front of a crowd that big whilst running around for the Magpies in a premiership match.

Same goes for Richo Hill and Ash Lumby.

chahrour123

Juniors
Anyone know the PAX for State Of Origin game 2 ? or how many tickets sold besides the 85,000. Does anyone know the latest information ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts