What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I swear more than 50% of that crowd in Townsville is under 16. Great to see so many jerseys of local clubs in the crowd you dont really see that on masse in any other sport that i have seen

CC_Roosters

First Grade
18-19k in Tvl I think. Watching on my phone so a bit hard to judge.

Looks great on tv whatever it is announced as.

Not sure what to expect at gosford tomorrow. The game has had some good advertising on local media and roads but what will not help is a 2pm sunday kickoff which is at the same time as most local senior sport. E.g CCRL 1st grade kicks off at 2.30pm . I live 5 minutes from the ground but cant make it due to playing commitments elsewhere which is disappointing. I hope it is still decent and anything in and around 10k would be a success imo.

Brutus

Referee
I went to see the Raiders in 1990 and Lang Park was packed to the rafters. I was sitting at the northern end and it is one of my enduring memories of the early days. As you said, we have come a long way from when those were extraordinary crowds. Still have a photo of me in a Peerless replica (which came without the collars) that day.

How good was Hauffy's try that day. The crowd went nuts.

alien

Referee
Of all venues to get to on a Monday night....Allianz is the single worst venue. Peak hour...and smack bang in the city. To get there by 7 you would need 1.5 hours....now I'm not sure about most of you but I finish work at 6...

not if you work in the city and go straight from work

alien

Referee
Wouldn't you think if they are going to play Monday (or Friday night) games at Allianz they would market to the city workers with free tickets or deals? Seems the only people it is good for attending is people who are working in the city, so try and get them to go to games!

it's not quite as hard as you or some others are making it out though. if i finish work at 5pm in campbelltown and i catch the train straight after work, i can make it to the sfs a bit before 7pm, and campbelltown is far south west sydney

Last edited:

beave

Coach
The Laurie Spina Shield was on this weekend in Tvl, all those kids who come from far and wide and their family generally get free tix to the Cowbs game so it tends to inflate the crowd a bit on that weekend. I guess it makes up for being made to play a home game against a notriously good drawing team up there (Melbourne) on a monday night. I still shake my head at some of the woeful scheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts