What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Felt like none of the players were at all interested today

But the crowd was good. Would have got 9k at sfs. And maybe 10k at robina

Central coast I think might not even need a team.

They could host adhoc games every week incl Monday night's

Will always get 12k + and always looks good on tv.

And that's all that matters

What a shit day. It's just not a Sydney NRL game without at least 30,000 empty seats and a dead atmosphere. There needs to be an investigation.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Really happy for the club after the crowd at gosford today, exceeded my expectations by a long way. They have done great ground work across the coast since the partnership with CCRL was announced and they have been very visible in doing so. Plus they had clinics and visits the past week with mini involved in a big way.

Long term i think people up here just want to be taken seriously and respected, not just to be used to offload games and make a quick buck. We have 1 game a season over 5 years set in stone but i would not be surprised to see that increase by the 4th or 5th year. Given the nature of the population and the fact that anybody who cares follows a sydney club from birth anyway i dont think a central coast NRL entity is neccessary tbh. Ultimately i hope we can become one of the larger supported teams on the coast through the work they are doing on the ground and elite pathways. And build to maybe 4 games at gosford a year down the track

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agreed. The Roosters game looked great on TV. So did the Wests game for that matter. Good advertisement for the game in NSW.

God! I feel like I need to wash my mouth out after saying that!

Time to abandon the nrl's 20k pipe dream and build some 18k stadiums in Sydney to make the crowds look good?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Really happy for the club after the crowd at gosford today, exceeded my expectations by a long way. They have done great ground work across the coast since the partnership with CCRL was announced and they have been very visible in doing so. Plus they had clinics and visits the past week with mini involved in a big way.

Long term i think people up here just want to be taken seriously and respected, not just to be used to offload games and make a quick buck. We have 1 game a season over 5 years set in stone but i would not be surprised to see that increase by the 4th or 5th year. Given the nature of the population and the fact that anybody who cares follows a sydney club from birth anyway i dont think a central coast NRL entity is neccessary tbh. Ultimately i hope we can become one of the larger supported teams on the coast through the work they are doing on the ground and elite pathways. And build to maybe 4 games at gosford a year down the track

Agree, Roosters have a great opportunity to expand their fan base and assist the NRL in covering the Central Coast. A pre season game against Newcastle could be taken as well maybe?

ouwet

Bench
1500 GA tickets remain for Belmore according to the Bulldogs Twitter page however no one knows what the crowd will be capped at...

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Roosters should bite bullet and put 4 games a year on CC...

get access to all the talented kids, get better crowds, probably get 10k members extra...

shame it wasnt a northern sydney team who did it... oh wait

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Bravo to the Bulldogs for pursuing their traditional home, it looks like it will be a great event for rugby league in the area. Finding the right balance between big stadiums and small in order to increase crowds is very important, having two matches a year versus reasonable competition sounds like a pretty thoughtful decision and the right balance

betcats

Referee

The Roosters stayed in avoca where i live, I think they have before as well. On my way to the beach I saw a few of the boys shooting hoops with a bunch of kids at the park and taking photos, RTS cordner etc. That was on Sat afternoon. They also got in visit to Avoca primary school on Friday as well so good on them for taking the time to do these things, no one would bat an eye lid if they said they couldn't do it due to preparation so close to a game.

Whats best is most of the kids down there where probably there for the local Rugby Union which had all three grades on as well as the juniors ealier so maybe they converted a few, though plenty of kids do both up here.

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
Guys the game tonight is officially a Sell Out!

Shame we have to lock people out and cannot put them on the hill! It won't look fully packed because it's been capped.

ByRd

First Grade
Jus counting down the hours now, I feel like a kid a Christmas lol Cant wait to be back there again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.