What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not sure what the cap is (some here have said 15000). Such a crying shame we live in such a protected world and OH +S has a say on how many can go tonight.
I'd love to have seen over 20 000 there, but maybe not the 27000 record, as the headlines for food queues and inadequate facilities would have been unbearable.

I'm so looking forward to watching this match, as opposed to if it was on at ANZ.

Suity.

Burns

First Grade
Guys the game tonight is officially a Sell Out!

Shame we have to lock people out and cannot put them on the hill! It won't look fully packed because it's been capped.

People aren't allowed on the hill? Isn't three sides of the ground hills hills?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
They would have also capped it to make it easier on the staff. Shame though as its obvious they could have got thousands more !

Red Bear

Referee
So are those old shed like stands at either end at Belmore basically gone now? Always looked kind of cool being so close to action there. Last bit I saw on google maps made it look like the roofs were gone from them though

wests1

Juniors
That hill looks epic. We haven't seen a Monday night like this in a few years.
If people doubt there is a novelty factor involved, however, they are wrong. If suburban grounds are used as an exception rather than a rule, we'll have a field day.

If the Dogs played 3-4 games a year there, they would sell it out each time

Agree, Bulldogs should take the low drawing games to Belmore eg Canberra, Cronulla, Cowboys, Titans and Storm. Market it as a event and should sell-out every time. Bulldogs would be the reverse Eels using the suburban grounds for the low draws on occasion while the Eels use ANZ for the big games. Eels/Bulldogs got the most potential of the suburban/ANZ stadium mix in maximizing attendance it's matter of right time and right game.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
It is amazing the difference a good looking crowd makes.

At anz I reckon a lot of people would switch off at 16-0 and watched the voice etc

But the dogs ave crowd basically doubled when they went to anz

1 or 2 games a year is perfect

thorson1987

Coach
So are those old shed like stands at either end at Belmore basically gone now? Always looked kind of cool being so close to action there. Last bit I saw on google maps made it look like the roofs were gone from them though

Just doesn't look right now.

0.jpg

Brutus

Referee
It is amazing the difference a good looking crowd makes.

At anz I reckon a lot of people would switch off at 16-0 and watched the voice etc

But the dogs ave crowd basically doubled when they went to anz

1 or 2 games a year is perfect

Agree. They'd be nuts if they don't have 2 Belmore games per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.