What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well I haven't paid much attention to you. Clearly the disastrous weather has ruined the Dragons/Sharks game. No one will dare step outside, right?

You guys can't be serious? Timmah told me that the weather is too extreme for anyone to step outside.

12,792. Lowest crowd for that fixture at Remondis since 2011.

The cold has hit today.

Yesterday was fine.

It hit last night, to the point where a front crossed ANZ at halftime at delayed the restart of play due to lightning, and the temperature dropped rapidly between kickoff and halftime.

I cannot believe people on here are that eager to put other people down to not accept that weather is a reason people opt not to attend sport.

It hit last night, to the point where a front crossed ANZ at halftime at delayed the restart of play due to lightning, and the temperature dropped rapidly between kickoff and halftime.

I cannot believe people on here are that eager to put other people down to not accept that weather is a reason people opt not to attend sport.

So that explains the Canberra echo chamber how, exactly?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yes we get that raidersdave gives you the sads but I'd rather watch outdoor sports in nice warm weather than the cold in Canberra. Canberra stadium is the coldest ground that regularly hosts professional sports in Australia.

In Sydney during summer there are outdoor cinema events....why don't they host these in winter I wonder. Oh because nobody would show up. Why would a family go out in the cold paying a fortune for it when they can sit at home and watch it for free.

Are you for real

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
12,792. Lowest crowd for that fixture at Remondis since 2011.

But people LOVE suburban grounds....

Timmah

Staff member
They probably do when there's not the biggest cold front in 8 years passing through at a water-side venue. Not to mention the lack of form and players missing for Saints.

user_nat

Coach
Question for SLR, can you not chose your own seats via Ticketek at Suncorp anymore?

Trying to buy tickets for the first time in a while and would rather not sit on the sunny side, which is supposedly "best".

insert.pause

First Grade
Question for SLR, can you not chose your own seats via Ticketek at Suncorp anymore?

Trying to buy tickets for the first time in a while and would rather not sit on the sunny side, which is supposedly "best".

The sun only comes out once a year at Suncorp

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Nope! Down for updates, I asked a lady at the gate when attending the Knights game and she said that they were having a few issues with it.

Buy blue GA tickets, this Tigers game is in one of the cheaper price brackets for Broncos games so is not as expensive and you can sit up in 603, if you're a fan of the 600s like me.

A few in 304 and 340 may come on sale for unsold promotions but not sure.

Ps tickets are traveling pretty well for a crazy weekend at Suncorp, I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yes we get that raidersdave gives you the sads but I'd rather watch outdoor sports in nice warm weather than the cold in Canberra. Canberra stadium is the coldest ground that regularly hosts professional sports in Australia.

In Sydney during summer there are outdoor cinema events....why don't they host these in winter I wonder. Oh because nobody would show up. Why would a family go out in the cold paying a fortune for it when they can sit at home and watch it for free.

Are you for real

Round one vs Rabbits was 34c with 87 humidity still at 9pm with a feel temp of 38c. Mix that with the crowds and firework smoke.

Round three vs Cowboys was 33c with similar humidity and just as bad. There were seemingly NO children at this game.

Extreme heat is just as bad as extreme cold. If the extreme heat is deemed not to have an effect on the Broncos crowd because we in Brisbane are used to the putrid summers, then Canberra cant use the extreme cold as an excuse. Theres pretty much a 50/50 swing of peoples weather preferences.

Valheru

Coach
I am interested to hear bulldogs fans synopsis of their crowd this weekend. When they got 17k against the roosters we were told that no more than 2k chooks fans showed up and that out of state teams like Brisbane are always better represented at ANZ.

Given that knowledge, one would assume that at least 3-4k Brisbane fans were there on Saturday leaving only 12k dogs fans?

Last edited:
I was at the ground yesterday. The low turnout was curious. It was cold but not as cold as predicted. There were bugger all merge supporters there.

I can only surmise that the constant media line that it was going to be stupid cold made people make other plans.

Timmah

Staff member
I am interested to hear bulldogs fans synopsis of their crowd this weekend. When they got 17k against the roosters we were told that no more than 2k chooks fans showed up and that out of state teams like Brisbane are always better represented at ANZ.

Given that knowledge, one would assume that at least 3-4k Brisbane fans were there on Saturday leaving only 12k dogs fans?

The crowd when we play the Broncos is generally somewhere between 14-18k, so 16k was probably bang on. Good away support.

Roosters game, Dogs were well out of form so our home support was down, but there was very little in the way of Roosters away support either.

Sharks/Dragons a local derby couldn't crack 15k at the beloved suburban ground on Sunday afternoon of all slots. Heartland strikes again, local derbies should sell out at suburban grounds or be getting 30k+ minimum at ANZ. Dogs/Eels minimum should be 30k, max 45k+.

Sunday afternoon + local derby should equal sell out.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Round one vs Rabbits was 34c with 87 humidity still at 9pm with a feel temp of 38c. Mix that with the crowds and firework smoke.

Round three vs Cowboys was 33c with similar humidity and just as bad. There were seemingly NO children at this game.

Extreme heat is just as bad as extreme cold. If the extreme heat is deemed not to have an effect on the Broncos crowd because we in Brisbane are used to the putrid summers, then Canberra cant use the extreme cold as an excuse. Theres pretty much a 50/50 swing of peoples weather preferences.

With a but but here

& a but but there
Here a but
There a but :lol:

Too hot

At night :sarcasm:

:lol:
Wot a spastic:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts