What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

guyver78

Juniors
Rugby league fans?

Not really & it shows by TV ratings & game attendances. Unless the game is at Suncorp they'd struggle to crack 15K at ANZ or SFS.

I'm glad the players are getting a much deserved rest. Do we really need to risk further injury and add to an already hard and long schedule for our top players?

I did my calculations going back about 10 years and I calculated that with preseason, season, finals, SOO, test matches and Tri Nations Darren Lockyer played over 40 games in 1 season.

This is what's forcing most players to retire and end their careers at 30 as opposed to 35.

Indelible

Juniors
You logic is incorrect as most players don't play for Australia - only a select few. On top of this the senior players in the kangaroos are all over 32.

guyver78

Juniors
You logic is incorrect as most players don't play for Australia - only a select few. On top of this the senior players in the kangaroos are all over 32.

So what, that's all besides the point. Look how wasted Cameron Smith looks.

Besides it all comes back down to the fact that there just isn't enough interest in it to risk and burn out all of our stars IN MY OPINION.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Look how much money he earns as well

FMD I get paid well but I hardly do 9-5 days

Suck it up bitches. If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nobody forces players to play Int or SOO. The big pay cheque, influence on their club worth and the glory of pulling on your countries colours tends to encourage most to do it.

The reason Int RL is a blip compared to Union and Soccer is because of opinions like yours guyver. Too many people are fans of their club (when their doing well!) and not fans of the game. Fortunately other cities have shown more interest in Int RL than Sydney and 20-30k+ crowds in those cities are more than possible. Dave Smith sounds like he wants to put a spotlight on Int RL but is thwarted by narrow minded groups like the RLPA and club chairmen.

hutch

First Grade
Not really & it shows by TV ratings & game attendances. Unless the game is at Suncorp they'd struggle to crack 15K at ANZ or SFS.

I'm glad the players are getting a much deserved rest. Do we really need to risk further injury and add to an already hard and long schedule for our top players?

I did my calculations going back about 10 years and I calculated that with preseason, season, finals, SOO, test matches and Tri Nations Darren Lockyer played over 40 games in 1 season.

This is what's forcing most players to retire and end their careers at 30 as opposed to 35.

Rubbish, the attendances have been great over the last few years in Aus, NZ, England and France. International rugby league is our biggest opportunity to grow the sport. If we want to reduce the amount of games per year, reduce the NRL and super League seasons.

Indelible

Juniors
Sports like the NFL and AFL would kill to have the international potential that League has....and they would be doing a whole lot more than we are to capitalise.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I don't hear any English or kiwi players complaining about there upcoming series, people do care about internationals. You don't speak for all rl fans. The test at sun pro got some great ratings this year. I'm not suggesting a tournament but surely a single test by the roos is not out if the question.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I don't hear any English or kiwi players complaining about there upcoming series, people do care about internationals. You don't speak for all rl fans. The test at sun pro got some great ratings this year. I'm not suggesting a tournament but surely a single test by the roos is not out if the question.

It's a Sydney thing. Don't worry about it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=NRLMRSPF15

Melbourne Prelim final pricing is out. And OK.

Ticketed Members price
Cat 1 $65.00 $55.00 $50.00 $185.00
Cat 2 $50.00 $40.00 $35.00 $140.00
Cat 3 $25.00 $15.00 $7.00 $50.00
Thnd $25.00 $15.00 $7.00 $50.00
Hot $55.00 $45.00 $40.00 $150.00
MO $15.00 NA NA $35

Pre-Purchases Prices
Cat 1 $75.00 $65.00 $60.00 $210.00
Cat 2 $60.00 $50.00 $45.00 $165.00
Cat 3 $30.00 $25.00 $15.00 $75.00
Thnd $30.00 $25.00 $15.00 $75.00
Hot $60.00 $50.00 $45.00 $165.00

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Playing around on ticketek, I will stick with my 20k-22k prediction for the Cowbs Sharkies game. Might get a few more over the next few days and walk ups but the pricing is pretty harsh.
Cat 1 is still $95, which is pretty disappointing from the NRL. I think that is 50% more than the Sydney final for Cat1 tickets. I can afford it and would pay whatever it takes to see my idiots run around but can understand some being pissed off about it and staying away.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Playing around on ticketek, I will stick with my 20k-22k prediction for the Cowbs Sharkies game. Might get a few more over the next few days and walk ups but the pricing is pretty harsh.
Cat 1 is still $95, which is pretty disappointing from the NRL. I think that is 50% more than the Sydney final for Cat1 tickets. I can afford it but can understand some being pissed off about it.

Did you notice how they moved around some sections? Took the top half of section 316 and selling it as cat two (previously cat one) the outer sideline seats that were once cat two and made them cat three, also changed a cat three no alcohol bay to just cat three. Andddd a cat three bay for Cronulla supporters is now general cat three.

I wont be surprised if they keep updating unsold areas to cat three.

beave

Coach
Yeah i noticed they are playing around with what bay is what category, pretty sad really. even the map depiction of the stadium changed after the first day of tickets went on sale, its still currently drawn in a way I have never seen before.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Yeah i noticed they are playing around with what bay is what category, pretty sad really. even the map depiction of the stadium changed after the first day of tickets went on sale, its still currently drawn in a way I have never seen before.

Pax for doggies vs Roosters 24400. With members this will push past 30k with ease.