What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

guyver78

Juniors
I hope it hits 35,000... That would be brilliant for a Friday night against a team from Western/South Western Sydney!

Fingers crossed but unless there's a really big walk-up 35K+ looks unlikely. Still, it will be a great atmosphere. Anything above 25K at the SFS gives you a good atmosphere.

I said to one of my good mates today who sleeps, lives and breathes the Bulldogs lets go to the game it will be a good atmosphere. All I got was "your big tv and couch" will be just fine for us. This is why Sydney crowds are the way they are, even passionate supporters don't give a rats about going to games.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Ive been to three finals and going to my 4th tonight. The sfs is actually a great place to watch footy, you're friend is not a passionate supporter.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry, I wouldn't classify anyone willingly choosing couch over attending as "passionate"

guyver78

Juniors
Wanker, takes making the finals for granted.

You don't get to see your team coming into the finals with form every year.

Agreed but ah well that's Sydney for you boys, people just don't care for attending live matches as much as they do in Brisbane or Melbourne

lockyno1

Post Whore
Get out there people!

Should be a ripper of a game.

Saving my money for next week myself (going to Suncorp again), and I still have my rule about night matches and the Dogs, even though 95% are fine and just supporting. Won't do it personally.

ouwet

Bench
Saving my money for next week myself (going to Suncorp again), and I still have my rule about night matches and the Dogs, even though 95% are fine and just supporting. Won't do it personally.

:( NO, PLEASE COME TONIGHT! It Won't be the same without you!:lol:

Clifferd

Coach
That's pretty good. And I reckon if the weather stays the same we can expect atleast a couple thousand walk ups maybe

Should be pushing for 35-40k

To see Bulldogs supporters outdraw Roosters fans in there own home ground would be a sight to see. 3 straight minor premierships and getting outdrawn in there ground sums up the crowd problems the Roosters have all that success and still can't translate. Yet the other teams in the area eg Swans/Waratahs can convert there success to crowds.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
To see Bulldogs supporters outdraw Roosters fans in there own home ground would be a sight to see. 3 straight minor premierships and getting outdrawn in there ground sums up the crowd problems the Roosters have all that success and still can't translate. Yet the other teams in the area eg Swans/Waratahs can convert there success to crowds.

Swans crowd this weekend will be poor. Waratahs get shithouse crowds.

Cockosh

Juniors

So how embarrassing then it must be for the Cowboys to only average about 500 more people to home games han the chooks.
Cows avg this year was 16230 and the lowly roosters had 15661. We have crap crowds admittedly yet we are the third best Sydney team this year in terms of him crowds. Why do teams like Penrith, parra, eels, Tigers, all with massive geographic areas have less than us yet they never cop it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 3 clubs you have mentioned have not had the onfield success of Roosters in recent times nor the quality of fan viewing experience that Roosters fans get at SFS. I guess that's why?

I can see Eels becoming the biggest club in Sydney with the new stadium IF they can get their sht together. The others are always destined to be small suburban clubs, throw in Manly and Sharks to that, (Tigers maybe have a hope but they seem such a basketcase it is hard to see them coming out the other side)

Avg's of 15-17k for the small clubs, 17k-20k for the mid clubs and 25-30k for the Sydney big 3 would be a long term goal we should be aiming for.