What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

DC_fan

Coach
We need a grand final crowd of 81,120 to become the biggest drawing finals series of all time. But even if that was to happen the season total will be the lowest since 2006. Shows how bad the premiership crowds were this year.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
We need a grand final crowd of 81,120 to become the biggest drawing finals series of all time. But even if that was to happen the season total will be the lowest since 2006. Shows how bad the premiership crowds were this year.

I'm wondering if it will get that. There are insane amounts of tickets being posted on viagogo, ebay, gumtree and so on.

DC_fan

Coach
I'm wondering if it will get that. There are insane amounts of tickets being posted on viagogo, ebay, gumtree and so on.

The smallest GF crowd at the Olympic Stadium has been 79,609 back in 2006 when Brisbane played Melbourne.

Shorty

Staff member
I thought it'd sell out quicker because these two teams really are the best in the comp and the game looks likely to be very entertaining.
If I'd have known I would have booked flights! They're ridiculous now though.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Apparently Townsville to Sydney is $1600 return. Outrageous. Pricing eliminates most neutrals IMO.

So many people from Brisbane are driving.

Apparently Townsville to Sydney is $1600 return. Outrageous. Pricing eliminates most neutrals IMO.

So many people from Brisbane are driving.

The passion and effort from the Cowboys/Broncos to go to the GF puts the heartland to shame. For example, Manly supporters couldn't be bother crossing a bridge comes finals time or the Roosters in general. All QLD GF will show everyone what a real derby is. Effort and passion is worlds above in QLD for rugby league.

guyver78

Juniors
The passion and effort from the Cowboys/Broncos to go to the GF puts the heartland to shame. For example, Manly supporters couldn't be bother crossing a bridge comes finals time or the Roosters in general. All QLD GF will show everyone what a real derby is. Effort and passion is worlds above in QLD for rugby league.

Let's not forget 1 important thing here when throwing out general comments like that. Brisbane have the whole state to themselves. I mean heck, it's closer to drive from Brisbane to Sydney then it is from Brisbane to Townsville so the Cowboys are also in a world of their own up there.

As someone said earlier if you live in Brisbane you support the Broncos or nobody at all so in doing some simple maths you could argue that there are probably 10-15 supporters in total to 1 Manly supporter so of course even if 5-10% of Broncos supporters make their way down to Sydney then that's a good 15K, maybe even 20K and upwards of 25K.

Add about 3-5K of the Broncos supporters that live in Sydney and other states and you have somewhere between 20-30K in total at the game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Even though Sydney is so anti Broncos, I think we will all be surprised how many Broncos fans will be there. I mean actual fans, not neutrals going for Brisbane.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Even though Sydney is so anti Broncos, I think we will all be surprised how many Broncos fans will be there. I mean actual fans, not neutrals going for Brisbane.

Neutrals going for broncos?
I think they're pretty much a love them or hate them club.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Thats what I mean. The Broncos fans there will be actually core fans.

Cowboys will have as many fans as they can get down there + bandwagoners.

Shorty

Staff member
Thats what I mean. The Broncos fans there will be actually core fans.

Cowboys will have as many fans as they can get down there + bandwagoners.
Sorry to disappoint but I saw an article earlier that said the stadium is at least 75% pro Cows.
So take that as you will.

Sorry to disappoint but I saw an article earlier that said the stadium is at least 75% pro Cows.

Besides Broncos fans who want to see Brisbane win, they already won 6 premierships. Be great if ANZ becomes a Cowboys home game if that is the case.

Last edited:

Nucking Futs

Juniors
Howzit, long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyone know if there is a "photo from your seat website" out there for ANZ? Ive been a couple of times for Origin but never a finals or Club match.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Haha Shorty, give it a rest mate. Yes, the Sydney folk prefer your beloved Cowboys. 75% is 63,375. Ha! Over a third of Townsville must be going, not sure how?

Brisbane has access to many more flights, plus the option to drive. I am positive there will be many more core Broncos fans than Cowboys fans.

However, like I said. The Sydney people will be supporting the Cowboys. Meaning the Stadium will have more support for the Cowboys. I suggest you take your time to read before scrambling to reply.

Latest posts