What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHyR3

Juniors
If the NRL expands to 18 teams they will be saying that they have an extra game to sell and probably a new time slot as well and will be using this to justify a bigger increase in money. ( this is what the AFL did the last time).

I'm sure the TV channels will be able to determine if this is offset by a potential reduction in the number of weeks of the season...

In respect of Origin being moved to stand alone weekends... I'm skeptical given the success it has mid week now that they will be changing it in the short term...

A lot of people don't want to have only one game a weekend to watch in the middle of the season ( even if it is Origin) and the other codes will target that weekend to have their premier games when there is no NRL competition against it.

There are consequences for every decision, and just because something is changed doesn't mean the outcome will be more favourable.

thats why we have to build our representaive game besides the usual origin. U20s NZ vs Aus, Pacific Island test series, NZ vs England, City Country, U20s origin, womens internationals etc.

I mean you wont pull 150k total attendance on the week like a normal origin week (50-80k plus 50-80k for the few games on) but you can easily pull 100k i reckon. not the end of the world

not to mention, did the NRL really target the AFL when they weren't playing cause of the cricket world cup? didnt make much of a difference imo, i honestly didnt even notice they were starting a month late until a few days before the start of their season.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Moving Origin from Queensland is not a realistic threat. It is a 2 team competition. You cannot just have 1 team with no home games ever.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If the NRL expands to 18 teams they will be saying that they have an extra game to sell and probably a new time slot as well and will be using this to justify a bigger increase in money. ( this is what the AFL did the last time).

I'm sure the TV channels will be able to determine if this is offset by a potential reduction in the number of weeks of the season...

In respect of Origin being moved to stand alone weekends... I'm skeptical given the success it has mid week now that they will be changing it in the short term...

A lot of people don't want to have only one game a weekend to watch in the middle of the season ( even if it is Origin) and the other codes will target that weekend to have their premier games when there is no NRL competition against it.

There are consequences for every decision, and just because something is changed doesn't mean the outcome will be more favourable.

They definitely need to shake up the schedule, its feeling very predictable and a bit to familiar...

Personally, id like to see conference systems for deciding who qualifies for the finals and a midseason break for origin and internationals (imagine having another "round one" in june after 5 weeks without NRL)...

I agree that Origin should stay on Wednesday (it doesnt hurt the crowd and it massively boosts tv audience), but id rather they put the NRL on hold for 5 weeks and promoted the international game over that period. (this would be the easiest way to justify reducing the number of rounds; the season would still begin in march and end October, but there'd be a bit more variety throughout)

b7nNERX.jpg

babyg

Juniors
They didnt seem happy with the notion of selling the 3rd game to melbourne

This. States are willing to pay big bucks to attract an origin game to their state. Part of that deal should decent rates at suncorp and robina for other games

Status
Not open for further replies.