What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
Around 65,000 for the five games so far. Outside of the Townsville match rain has had an effect on the others.

The Tigers/Raiders and Knights/Eels games tomorrow given good weather should push totals towards if not past the 100,000 mark.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Windy & showers in Sydney max 21

Showers possible thunderstorm in Newcastle max 23

Surely less than 5k at Robins.

Have watched a bit of the game at home, and a fair few people had come at the south end of the western side where I couldn't see them. Think the crowd number, considering this, was about right. Poor, but about right.

Edit: Not talking to myself. Just adding to the earlier comment!

The view a minute before kickoff:
7CXetNb.jpg

For a family of four that cost over $60. Daylight robbery.

Last edited:
Cowboys outdraw 1 vs 3 at a beloved suburban ground. What the excuse St George supporters, top of the table clash and only 13k. Cowboys look to have the biggest crowd of the round at this rate bar Newcastle. Also, bigger than the Leichhardt Oval crowd if supporters love suburban grounds so much they should be sold out.

Suburban grounds are unfit for a professional sport and when empty make the game look like a pub sport. Modern stadia for a modern game is what's needed to increase attend, the idea of sitting on a hill for a professional sport makes the code look second-rate. The hill is non-existent in other professional sports as they have modern facilities to match the professionalism of the code.

You don't see NFL/EPL supporters on hills watching the game because there code is at modern professional stadiums for a professional code.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Doesn't North Queensland have two hills?

Average crowd at Newcastle. Maybe 15-16k. Similar to our game against Warriors in Round One.

Yeah gone are the days that the Knights would get regular 20k+ crowds. The 14-16k mark will be the norm. As I said earlier, the knights are just out of favour in Newcastle amd I can't see the crowds returning any time soon.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Doesn't North Queensland have two hills?

Average crowd at Newcastle. Maybe 15-16k. Similar to our game against Warriors in Round One.

What do you think is the reason for that? I would have thought despite a couple of loses they are playing parra on a sunday arvo so should be getting close to or over 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts