What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You can't retrospectively make it a first vs second game AFTER the result.

Brisbane were first, Dragons were equal second mate. As good as a table top clash, both teams in great form coming off exciting wins.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep both poor crowds as i expected, but a few more at kogarah than i expected tbh. Tee bulldogs have certainly fallen from grace crowd wise this past couple of years, except for games against Parra and the bunnies at ANZ their average other crowd is generally very poor

Uhh, we only played Parramatta and Souths at home so far. So our "other average" *is* tonight's crowd lol

Saint Doc

Coach
Brisbane were first, Dragons were equal second mate. As good as a table top clash, both teams in great form coming off exciting wins.

Then there was no need for the "(now dragons in first)"

But regardless, shit dragons crowd for 2 in form teams, shit dogs crowd for 2 sydney teams.
End of story

Chook Norris

First Grade
Was anyone truly expecting a good turn out for either? Until the NRL treats attendances seriously, nothing changes. Week after week so many people in this thread vastly overestimate the crowds that will turn up. The goal of a 20k average is a distant dream

alien

Referee
watched the bulldogs v sea eagles game on tv and it didn't even look like there were 10,000 there

Diesel

Referee
was anyone truly expecting a good turn out for either? until the nrl treats attendances seriously, nothing changes. Week after week so many people in this thread vastly overestimate the crowds that will turn up. The goal of a 20k average is a distant dream

100%

DC_fan

Coach
Was anyone truly expecting a good turn out for either? Until the NRL treats attendances seriously, nothing changes. Week after week so many people in this thread vastly overestimate the crowds that will turn up. The goal of a 20k average is a distant dream

I would say it's dead.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Uhh, we only played Parramatta and Souths at home so far. So our "other average" *is* tonight's crowd lol

I am talking acros the paat 2 years timmah not just this season. The dogs crowds should be bigger off their own support base alone before any away fans come into the equation. Although that is the problem in general for all clubs so maybe i am just picking on the doggies.

well the dragons form should at least guarantee 40k at anzac day.

the comp needs a massive shake up in terms of teams and schedule. The current format has gottrn dull imo and there are too many games while origin guts about a third of the season as well which does not help. Hopefully richardson recommends drastic change in time for the next tv deal otherwise we will be stuck with the same 16 teams playing 24 games

BuffaloRules

Coach
Talk of less games is a pipe dream...

The percentage of the NRL's revenue from TV and whatever is going to replace it is only going to increase in coming years...

I wonder how much they really care about crowds?

DC_fan

Coach

The percentage of the NRL's revenue from TV and whatever is going to replace it is only going to increase in coming years...

But as I have asked before does the drop off in crowds eventually lead to a drop off in viewing numbers.

pHyR3

Juniors

why is it a pipe dream?

"How much do we reduce the season by?

I?ve got to test it with data the NRL has. Certainly we can reduce it to 22 games or even 20. Then look at State of Origin and stand-alone weekends. We look at the pre-season and control that a lot better. Then international football. We?ve got to lock in what we want to do then take it to the broadcasters for the next television deal"

from Shane Richardson

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...uture-of-the-nrl/story-fnp0lyn3-1227211006949

the shortfall will be made up by 2 extra teams, boosted average ratings and 10-15% growth per year which is what Dave Smith is aiming for with broadcast deals.

10% growth on the 1.25 billion deal gives us a $2 billion deal next time. 15% (his aim) gives us 2.5 billion dollars and plenty of room to reduce total regular season games from 192 to 180 (20 rounds, 18 teams)

BuffaloRules

Coach
If the NRL expands to 18 teams they will be saying that they have an extra game to sell and probably a new time slot as well and will be using this to justify a bigger increase in money. ( this is what the AFL did the last time).

I'm sure the TV channels will be able to determine if this is offset by a potential reduction in the number of weeks of the season...

In respect of Origin being moved to stand alone weekends... I'm skeptical given the success it has mid week now that they will be changing it in the short term...

A lot of people don't want to have only one game a weekend to watch in the middle of the season ( even if it is Origin) and the other codes will target that weekend to have their premier games when there is no NRL competition against it.

There are consequences for every decision, and just because something is changed doesn't mean the outcome will be more favourable.

Status
Not open for further replies.