What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher

Juniors
The game against the roosters was some of the worst rain I've ever seen league played in

The sharks game was 3pm Saturday in round 26 in rain again

True. If only they're was a stadium in Sydney that was an all seater, had a roof, was 20mins down the road and paid you to play there.

chahrour123

Juniors
Yeah gone are the days that the Knights would get regular 20k+ crowds. The 14-16k mark will be the norm. As I said earlier, the knights are just out of favour in Newcastle amd I can't see the crowds returning any time soon.

What you mean out of favour ?. Who do the Newcastle sport fans support than ? Jets get 3 or 4k to a game so its not them ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah gone are the days that the Knights would get regular 20k+ crowds. The 14-16k mark will be the norm. As I said earlier, the knights are just out of favour in Newcastle amd I can't see the crowds returning any time soon.

They averaged 17.6k last season, fourth in the NRL, with several 20k+ crowds.

They've only averaged over 20k twice in the last 15 years anyway, I wouldn't say the crowds have deserted the Knights - especially when you consider the Jets are getting well under 10k every match, including 4k just a few weeks back.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They averaged 17.6k last season, fourth in the NRL, with several 20k+ crowds.

They've only averaged over 20k twice in the last 15 years anyway, I wouldn't say the crowds have deserted the Knights - especially when you consider the Jets are getting well under 10k every match, including 4k just a few weeks back.

They averaged over 20.6k in their first season in 1988. 4 of their 6 worst ever seasons for crowds have been since 2007.

Clearly what the others have been saying about Newcastle crowds not being as good as they were is 100% true.

Apey

Staff member
4 of their 6 worst ever seasons for crowds have been since 2007.

AndrewJohns.jpg

They averaged over 20.6k in their first season in 1988. 4 of their 6 worst ever seasons for crowds have been since 2007.

Clearly what the others have been saying about Newcastle crowds not being as good as they were is 100% true.

Have you had a look at the year one crowds of other new clubs? The Warriors. Cowboys and Titans have probably never hit those numbers again.

What you mean out of favour ?. Who do the Newcastle sport fans support than ? Jets get 3 or 4k to a game so its not them ?

They probably support successful teams. Someone mentioned it in the Knights forum that there has been a generation where the Knights haven't been successful which is generation of kids that are probably supporting other teams.

As far as die hard supporters go a combination of bad management, poor performances, off field dramas and having no crowd pulling superstars in the team has turned a lot away.

Even on a smaller scale the LU Knights forum used to have the highest posts in about 2004/5, it was a flourishing little forum. Now nothing happens in there except a game day thread.

Canard

Immortal
I reckon the Knights and Cowboys are in the same boat in terms of regional centres. Albeit Newcastle is substantially bigger (twice the size).

But basically regional area's in Australia have been in a recession for a decade or so now, and really only have a "one gear" economies. Combine that lack of money with the rise of the FIFO and shift workforces means people aren't around during gametimes anymore.

It's especially going to bite hard in the next few years with the downturn in mining.

Gonna be probably one of the worst crowds in ages at Remondis tonight. I cant wait. I am a season ticket holder, haven't missed a game in years and you can see my house in the below satellite photo. I will be watching the game from my outrageously soft calf leather sofa, feet propped up on a plush ottoman, cocooned in a pair of high end sheepskin boots against winters bony fingers while I take noisy slurps from hot drinks spiked with on trend spiced rum, which I will rest on my designer vintage mid century coffee table. The game will be watched on a flat screen television so large that it would have been reserved for public spaces and the homes of extravagant millionaires only a decade ago. I will be able to hear the ground announcer and people will park their cars in front of my house. My dog will sleep at my feet contentedly and my photogenic and intelligent wife will bring me slow cooked beef brisket in soft white rolls lashed with expensive American BBQ sauce. I will smile.

11133760_10153340251324954_2657756435252232910_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They probably support successful teams. Someone mentioned it in the Knights forum that there has been a generation where the Knights haven't been successful which is generation of kids that are probably supporting other teams.

As far as die hard supporters go a combination of bad management, poor performances, off field dramas and having no crowd pulling superstars in the team has turned a lot away.

Even on a smaller scale the LU Knights forum used to have the highest posts in about 2004/5, it was a flourishing little forum. Now nothing happens in there except a game day thread.

Youre right in saying this was the heyday...

Brian smiths 2007 tumult (while absolutely necessary from a performance POV) was not handled when in the media. I reckon that made a lot of people very cynical about the clubs culture and i dont think we have ever really recovered from that.

Personally, i think this was why everyone was so excited about Tickler taking over, and why everyone turned so quickly when nothing much changed.

We all long for the '88-'06 feel but no ones really sure how to get it back. Hell, i reckon no one's even sure how to quantify what it was...

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Gonna be probably one of the worst crowds in ages at Remondis tonight. I cant wait. I am a season ticket holder, haven't missed a game in years and you can see my house in the below satellite photo. I will be watching the game from my outrageously soft calf leather sofa, feet propped up on a plush ottoman, cocooned in a pair of high end sheepskin boots against winters bony fingers while I take noisy slurps from hot drinks spiked with on trend spiced rum, which I will rest on my designer vintage mid century coffee table. The game will be watched on a flat screen television so large that it would have been reserved for public spaces and the homes of extravagant millionaires only a decade ago. I will be able to hear the ground announcer and people will park their cars in front of my house. My dog will sleep at my feet contentedly and my photogenic and intelligent wife will bring me slow cooked beef brisket in soft white rolls lashed with expensive American BBQ sauce. I will smile.

Calf leather is of lesser quality than veal or cowhide, it may look suave (pretentious) however, its more prone to presses, seam failure and stain retention. Plus its off a 4-6 week old calf you sick f**k.

Photogenic and intelligent wife that cooks beef brisket? Beef brisket - jewish. Jewish - big nose and hairy v. Photogenic? No.

Expensive american BBQ sauce? Woohoo!

Go to the game!

Last edited:
Calf leather is of lesser quality than veal or cowhide, it may look suave (pretentious) however, its more prone to presses, seam failure and stain retention. Plus its off a 4-6 week old calf you sick f**k.

Photogenic and intelligent wife that cooks beef brisket? Beef brisket - jewish. Jewish - big nose and hairy v. Photogenic? No.

Expensive american BBQ sauce? Woohoo!

Go to the game!

Envy is so ugly. Almost as ugly as being a racist, nazi low life.

Jew barbs? Honestly.

Other sports seem to use these downpours as opportunities to do super fudges and say because it was so wet you couldnt see anyone but there was really 15k in the bar.

Photogenic and intelligent wife that cooks beef brisket? Beef brisket - jewish. Jewish - big nose and hairy v. Photogenic? No!

Hey Adolf. If I'd have said that my wife was making noodles would you have assumed she was chinese and therefore "ugly" because she has slanty eyes? What if she was making curry? She's making curry so she must be indian right, and therefore ugly? Or is it just Jews you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts