What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bench
If they get 1000 people there tonight it'll be a good effort. Teaming down in the shire right now!

Yep... Cold, Windy and bucketing down!

I can see a crowd of under 5000 in this weather... That's not having a go at the supporters, anyone that goes in this weather on a Monday night deserves praise!

Card Shark

Immortal
If only there was a way to keep rain off people with some kind of "cover" or "roofing structure"....

Oh well, we can dream :roll::roll:

Palm tree leaves, thatch, kangaroo hide....there's heaps of things available. ;-)

Seriously, our ground needs the ET stand to be the full length of 1 side & cover all the Seating. It's not good enough really.

All costs big $ though, so it isn't going to happen.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of the 18k capacity I'd be surprised if there is 5000 seats actually under enough cover to keep you dry at shark park. You reap what you sow.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many of them Does the roof actually provide cover? If it's like other Australian stands probably only 2/3rds of them.

Gotta love suburban grounds only when it's on a sunny Sunday afternoon, every other day & weather is low crowds and excuses. Wet weather and suburban grounds equal poor crowds is why NRL should have modern stadia for a professional sport. No other sport would have there games at the like of Brookie, Shark Park,etc since there not the standard to a professional sport.

Gotta love suburban grounds only when it's on a sunny Sunday afternoon, every other day & weather is low crowds and excuses. Wet weather and suburban grounds equal poor crowds is why NRL should have modern stadia for a professional sport. No other sport would have there games at the like of Brookie, Shark Park,etc since there not the standard to a professional sport.

Apart from the lack of cover shark park is a great suburban ground. There are covered premium seats, corporate boxes, open air seats with good views, cheap concourse GA seating and hills for those who want a picnic. Plenty of variety. Lyall Gorman has really fixed up the food and beverage service with members bars and food trucks, there are good transport links (train travel is now included in your ticket and there is regular shuttle services to both Cronulla and Woolooware station. Get a roof on the peter burns stand and it's the best suburban ground in the country.

If this game was at the SFS or ANZ there would be bugger all people there. It's the worst weather of the year by far.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reminds me of England in the 80's. Sadly it took some major sports ground tragedies to bring in min standards and then we saw modern stadia constructed. For a top tier sport you would have to say that nrl stadiums lag behind pretty much every other top tier competition in developed countries around the world. SL still has 3 or 4 stadium not yet up to spec but those have plans for relocation or are undergoing redevelopment.

Not sure the delay here, maybe low fan expectation, maybe no real drive to increase attendances until recently, maybe lack of funds in the game and in Govts, maybe high cost of construction in oz, maybe culture of standing on grass hills in the local park?

Sadly with the down turn in economy I can't see nib being fully redeveloped anytime soon and we'll be stuck with a half finished ground in Perth for quite a few years to come. Townsville redevelopment looks like it's progressing, only other problems are in Sydney really.

Would have been very different if we had won the soccer World Cup!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Apart from the lack of cover shark park is a great suburban ground. There are covered premium seats, corporate boxes, open air seats with good views, cheap concourse GA seating and hills for those who want a picnic. Plenty of variety. Lyall Gorman has really fixed up the food and beverage service with members bars and food trucks, there are good transport links (train travel is now included in your ticket and there is regular shuttle services to both Cronulla and Woolooware station. Get a roof on the peter burns stand and it's the best suburban ground in the country.

If this game was at the SFS or ANZ there would be bugger all people there. It's the worst weather of the year by far.

Needs a new main stand like we have built at nib on leagues club side and an extended et stand full length of pitch and it would be a great ground for the next 25 years. Check out the St. Helens ground. 18k capacity and they built it for $70mill. That's what manly, Cronulla and Penrith need.

At the moment it only has around 5k seats that will keep you dry in crappy weather, that is not good enough.

I love Shark Park and so do a lot of other people. There are big tracts of the ground where concourse seating and a spot on the hill are the same price and many people choose the hill.

Shark Park is NOT comparable to the dangerous terraced stadiums of the 80s in the UK. I don't know when the last time you came here was but the ground and facilities had a facelift over the off season and are in very good shape.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Envy is so ugly. Almost as ugly as being a racist, nazi low life.

Jew barbs? Honestly.

Look at you go!

No racism at all, its a religion. Jewish people are not bad people, they have lovely big snouts that aren't too photogenic!

Ive been to Poland, had a whale of a time, met some lovely people.

Your boastful post was written to try and enforce envy. As if anyone cares that on a zoomed out picture of Shark Park you can see your house!

Go to the game Mr Sharks fan/member*, your 5000 mates will need you.

*not actually a member or fan.

DC_fan

Coach
If it's raining in Cronulla like it is here in Western Sydney then they will be lucky to get 5,000 tonight at Remondis.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hey Adolf. If I'd have said that my wife was making noodles would you have assumed she was chinese and therefore "ugly" because she has slanty eyes? What if she was making curry? She's making curry so she must be indian right, and therefore ugly? Or is it just Jews you hate?

Stop boasting about your splendid home and go to the game.

And no, because that would be racist, as it would be attacking a race.

Where as a Jewish big nose jibe is just a wee religious generalisation, cheer up buttercup.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
This is end of the world weather.

I'd say 3k be par

Imagine if the NRL had an indoor ground holding 25k right where barangaroo is going. Drool

Status
Not open for further replies.