What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Palm tree leaves, thatch, kangaroo hide....there's heaps of things available. ;-)

Seriously, our ground needs the ET stand to be the full length of 1 side & cover all the Seating. It's not good enough really.

All costs big $ though, so it isn't going to happen.

Which is when we move to a discussion on some kind of centralised stadium deal. Either working with other SouthSydney teams for a new stadium or just moving to the SFS where there is roofing aplenty.

But that would mean the 4k turning up tonight would be upset and it would require the clubs to put aside our petty feudal difference

....so it isn't going to happen.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Apart from the lack of cover shark park is a great suburban ground. There are covered premium seats, corporate boxes, open air seats with good views, cheap concourse GA seating and hills for those who want a picnic. Plenty of variety. Lyall Gorman has really fixed up the food and beverage service with members bars and food trucks, there are good transport links (train travel is now included in your ticket and there is regular shuttle services to both Cronulla and Woolooware station. Get a roof on the peter burns stand and it's the best suburban ground in the country.

If this game was at the SFS or ANZ there would be bugger all people there. It's the worst weather of the year by far

The sharks cant draw crowds anywhere, hey???

So what youre saying is that they are a waist of space in this comp...

Craigshark

First Grade
The sharks cant draw crowds anywhere, hey???

So what youre saying is that they are a waist of space in this comp...

It wouldn't matter who was playing tonight you f**king dope. No one would draw a good crowd. Take a look out the window you idiot.

By the way - 'waste.' Dumbarse!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sadly with the down turn in economy I can't see nib being fully redeveloped anytime soon and we'll be stuck with a half finished ground in Perth for quite a few years to come. Townsville redevelopment looks like it's progressing, only other problems are in Sydney really.

Would have been very different if we had won the soccer World Cup!

This is why i reckon the ARLC should make the completed stadium a requirement for a WA team...

The granting of the licence is the one big bargaining chip the ARLC have here, after that they dont have a lot to threaten.

cleary89

Coach
This is end of the world weather.

I'd say 3k be par

Imagine if the NRL had an indoor ground holding 25k right where barangaroo is going. Drool

How many people would leave the house to go there in weather like this? Traffic was f**ked, it's like the end of the world. Hold this game at homebush and it would still get no one.

3k is par tonight.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It wouldn't matter who was playing tonight you f**king dope. No one would draw a good crowd. Take a look out the window you idiot.

I reckon this place would do alright...

20110918_Light_0043.jpg

By the way - 'waste.' Dumbarse!

hehe
fat-fingers-the-simpsons.png

Craigshark

First Grade
Where in Sydney is there a stadium anything like that?

Pretty sure you had a go at the Sharks.. Not the stadium itself.

Idiot.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm expecting a crowd of 4,000-4,500. That's good considering the disgusting weather.

The weather is getting worse too. Rain is becoming heavier and winds at Cronulla are now 70km.

The Burgess boys will be at home tonight. Lol!

Tonight shows why the hill has to go, wet weather will make majority of the suburban grounds untenable for attendance. All the talk about tribalism and heartland cannot cover the fact that suburban grounds are a detriment to RL's growth in crowds. Tonight will be a prime example of that.

Sub 10k crowds are never ok and are unacceptable for a top flight professional competition. It's 2nd tier level crowds for a professional comp.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tonight shows why the hill has to go, wet weather will make majority of the suburban grounds untenable for attendance. All the talk about tribalism and heartland cannot cover the fact that suburban grounds are a detriment to RL's growth in crowds. Tonight will be a prime example of that.

Sub 10k crowds are never ok and are unacceptable for a top flight professional competition. It's 2nd tier level crowds for a professional comp.

Even if it was at SFS or ANZ not many would turn up.

With the weather this bad you wouldn't get more than 7k at those grounds.

I am 300m from the ground as I type this. The rain is TORRENTIAL and it is as windy as I have seen it living here. They really should call this game off.

Rabbits20

Immortal
About 6 years ago Souths played Penrith on a Friday Night and the weather was as bad as it is tonight.

The match was played at ANZ and the crowd was only about 5,400.

Remember last year on a very wet and windy night when the Roosters played the Titans at Allianz? The crowd was average.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Where in Sydney is there a stadium anything like that?

Pretty sure you had a go at the Sharks.. Not the stadium itself.

Idiot.

nah i was having a go at them playing in a stadium more suited to the '60s. (their general unpopularity was only a sidejab at them keeping expansion teams out of the comp only to get 6k asses to the ground)...

But, youre right, thats not a stadium anywhere in Sydney. However, if i recall correctly, the State Gov wants to give $.6billion to fund stadiums. Now, we all know none of that is headed for Shark Park. The problem i have is that you lot cling so tight to this sinking ship of a ground when you could be working with other teams to put together a reasonable proposal for a decent stadium (eg, a Forsyth Barr-style ground in a more central location).

If you dont get on board with one of these groups soon, you wont have any input and no stadium will be to your liking. So either you will be left in a pocket of Sydney sucking the ARLCs resources to please 5k fans, or youll be putting the NRL through a world of pain as they try to move you without pissing off to many people.

What would it take for them to call the game off? Check the sharks forum, even the most die hard of die hards are pulling the pin.

The game won't be much of a spectacle in this wind and rain.

undertaker

Coach
About 6 years ago Souths played Penrith on a Friday Night and the weather was as bad as it is tonight.

The match was played at ANZ and the crowd was only about 5,400.

Remember last year on a very wet and windy night when the Roosters played the Titans at Allianz? The crowd was average.

The difference being ANZ stadium has thousands of seats of undercovered seating; Remondis Stadium doesn't.

I am 300m from the ground as I type this. The rain is TORRENTIAL and it is as windy as I have seen it living here. They really should call this game off.

It's also torrential here in the east of Sydney. But as long as the ground isn't flooded, the game won't be called off.

Seriously, we could get a Gold Coast United type of crowd tonight:lol:

nah i was having a go at them playing in a stadium more suited to the '60s. (their general unpopularity was only a sidejab at them keeping expansion teams out of the comp only to get 6k asses to the ground)...

But, youre right, thats not a stadium anywhere in Sydney. However, if i recall correctly, the State Gov wants to give $.6billion to fund stadiums. Now, we all know none of that is headed for Shark Park. The problem i have is that you lot cling so tight to this sinking ship of a ground when you could be working with other teams to put together a reasonable proposal for a decent stadium (eg, a Forsyth Barr-style ground in a more central location).

If you dont get on board with one of these groups soon, you wont have any input and no stadium will be to your liking. So either you will be left in a pocket of Sydney sucking the ARLCs resources to please 5k fans, or youll be putting the NRL through a world of pain as they try to move you without pissing off to many people.

Shark Park is fine. There are probably 3 nights a year where it's unsuitable and it's just unfortunate tonight is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.