What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
What would it take for them to call the game off? Check the sharks forum, even the most die hard of die hards are pulling the pin.

The game won't be much of a spectacle in this wind and rain.

Last game I remember being postponed due to inclement weather was Newcastle vs Souths in 1997. Back in those days, the drainage of the ground was no where near as good as it is now. It'd have to take very heavy flooding on the field for the match to be called off. If they played the final game at Belmore (in 1998) in the conditions it was in and also the Souths/Brisbane game in Perth in 2011, it'd have to be more serious than either of those matches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNecd3Lst30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6duo9MwV9-0

Last edited:
This is end of the world weather.

I'd say 3k be par

Imagine if the NRL had an indoor ground holding 25k right where barangaroo is going. Drool

Barangaroo? They could have that rule like in local footy where you automatically get 20 metres for a penalty on the water side so that the kicks for touch don't end up in the Harbour.

undertaker

Coach
I am 300m from the ground as I type this. The rain is TORRENTIAL and it is as windy as I have seen it living here. They really should call this game off.

It's also torrential here in the east of Sydney. But as long as the ground isn't flooded, the game won't be called off.

Seriously, we could get a Gold Coast United type of crowd tonight:lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Tonight shows why the hill has to go, wet weather will make majority of the suburban grounds untenable for attendance. All the talk about tribalism and heartland cannot cover the fact that suburban grounds are a detriment to RL's growth in crowds. Tonight will be a prime example of that.

Sub 10k crowds are never ok and are unacceptable for a top flight professional competition. It's 2nd tier level crowds for a professional comp.

Or you know...make them all seater.

yobbo84

Coach
I'm in the shire and it's hosing down. Just got soaked backwashing my pool because it was overflowing.

Anyone who goes to the game tonight should be given a medal.

Clifferd

Coach
This game will look like park footy crowd rise. But I don't blame them. I was outside for less than 20 seconds before I had to go straight back in. f**k that

kkingston

Juniors
Absolutely hosing down at the moment. Heavy winds as well .My umbrella is flipping up every 30 seconds. Tempted to just watch it in the leagues club now. Never seen conditions this bad. As others have said 5k would be amazing in these conditions.

Diesel

Referee
Not the Sharks, the NRL, fans or Monday night scheduling can be blamed for tonight's crowd, that weather is awful.

How good would that Dunedin stadium be

Status
Not open for further replies.