What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not the Sharks, the NRL, fans or Monday night scheduling can be blamed for tonight's crowd, that weather is awful.

How good would that Dunedin stadium be

Worse rain in Perth for that infamous Souths game when the pitch turned to a swimming pool. 15k turned up and got drowned. I took my godson to a dockers game in horrible rain last year, 28k at it. Just saying lol.

Ps well done to the die hards who went. We salute you!

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
The mitigating factors for people not going to this game are plentiful and reasonable. If you're bagging out this crowd just end yourself.

And that WSW game Suity is referring to was nowhere near as bad as the conditions tonight, that's just an a League fan trying the troll on.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not even the A-League has had a crowd that bad this season, and before you say it, yes there were nights as bad as this. I was there.
I suppose having more covered seating at Pirtek helped.

Suity

Ahhh
The western sydney wankers playing in those conditions on a Monday night at Pirtek

Crowd 39

End of :cool:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Well this round hasn't had a great total.

anzac day will be massive, with 5 games on the day we really need some dry weather on Saturday.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well done those who turned up. Obviously this is what happens when you allow broadcasters to dictate having monday night games and grounds with 1000 covered seats and a grass hill. Add in the weather and its the perfect recipe for a crowd disaster

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah well done to those dedicated fans that turned up tonight. It got worse later in the afternoon with heavy rain and wind.

user_nat

Coach
That crowd was super fudged though. There may have been 15k tickets sold, but there was never half that actually there.

gallagher

Juniors
That crowd was super fudged though. There may have been 15k tickets sold, but there was never half that actually there.

The rain came just before kickoff at that game. 15k turned up but I agree that some definatly left during the game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The smallest crowd since 1999 when Norths and Nth Qld drew 3,382.

But it is awful weather tonight and we shouldn't have expected much better.

From memory that Norths game was played at Suncorp, silly move by Norths, although mightve been a last minute decision as Graham Park wasnt ready at the time and for the rest of the year.

Tonight's crowd was in fact the 6th lowest since the NRL in 1998:

Lowest:

3382, Norths Vs Nth Queensland, Suncorp, 1999
3733, Souths Vs Warriors, SFS, 1998
3762, Gold Coast Vs Illawarra, Carrara, 1998
3774, Gold Coast Vs Penrith, Carrara, 1998
3897, Gold Coast Vs Adelaide, Carrara, 1998
3978, Cronulla Vs Souths, Remondis, 2015

Titans fans dont feel so bad now about crowd attendences, there were some shockers in the Chargers days.

Last edited:

HHH

Juniors
im a diehard parra fan but there is no way I'm watching my eels in that weather on a monday night, having to go to work the next day especially when i have fox

Well done to all those sharks and bunnies fans that turned up

undertaker

Coach
Lowest:

3382, Norths Vs Nth Queensland, Suncorp, 1999
3733, Souths Vs Warriors, SFS, 1998
3762, Gold Coast Vs Illawarra, Carrara, 1998
3774, Gold Coast Vs Penrith, Carrara, 1998
3897, Gold Coast Vs Adelaide, Carrara, 1998
3978, Cronulla Vs Souths, Remondis, 2015

Titans fans dont feel so bad now about crowd attendences, there were some shockers in the Chargers days.

Gold Coast, still crap 17yrs later:lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore

2011. 21k were sold, sold out signs went up hour before kick off. Torrential Rain and storm winds rolled in about 30min before kick off. 15,317 at start and around 11k I'd say braved it to the end. I was so wet 10min in figured no point in leaving as couldn't have got any wetter. The mrs bailed 15min in though and made me get the train home lol.

4k is a sht crowd for a top tier sport but put the 4 factors together (club, stadium, weather, Monday night) a and it isn't any surprise.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Dedication to your job =

908sck.png

9fty4j.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts