What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
On the positive the more terrible Monday night crowds, the more likely they will get rid of it. Worst timeslot ever, and between Supernatural/GOT...I really only have a passing interest in the game on Monday.

Canard

Immortal
On the positive the more terrible Monday night crowds, the more likely they will get rid of it. Worst timeslot ever, and between Supernatural/GOT...I really only have a passing interest in the game on Monday.

Your not really a big fan of Rugby League so your not the target market.

320k last week would suggest MNF is here to stay.

Last night shouldn't have gone ahead.

juro

Bench
Doing my comparison of this year's crowds to the equivalent games over the last 5 years.

Round 7 (99k) was 17k down on average (115k). We are now down 54k in total. Over 2009-14, Round 7 has averaged +26k. This year's line is totally different from any other year I've seen.

MWdgWWFl.png

There were 4 negative games this week:
- Sharks vs Rabbitohs -9k (smallest crowd for this fixture ever, and the lowest between these teams since 1984, but given the weather, it was amazing they got even that)
- Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles -6k (smallest crowd for this fixture since 2006)
- Titans vs Panthers -2k
- Knights vs Eels -2k

These were only fractionally offset by 2 positive games:
- Cowboys vs Warriors +2k
- Storm vs Roosters +1k

And the remaining games were marginally positive:
- Dragons vs Broncos 0k
- Wests Tigers vs Raiders 0k

Next week's par crowd total is 142k.

- Bulldogs vs Wests Tigers 20k
- Warriors vs Titans 12k
- Knights vs Cowboys 15k
- Roosters vs Dragons 28k
- Storm vs Sea Eagles 14k
- Broncos vs Eels 29k
- Panthers vs Sharks 11k
- Rabbitohs vs Raiders 12k

ByRd

First Grade
We really need good weather on the saturday but hopefully for friday night too when we play the tigers, about time we have a bit of luck with the weather.

Ha! Anyone from LU? You have my respect for trudging out in that weather!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.23.04 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.23.04 am.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 40

lockyno1

Post Whore
We really need good weather on the saturday but hopefully for friday night too when we play the tigers, about time we have a bit of luck with the weather.

Meant to be okay for Saturday, will still be a wet slog. Friday it is meant to clear. Honestly who knows though. You pick the weather you are a more brave man than I am!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Doing my comparison of this year's crowds to the equivalent games over the last 5 years.

Round 7 (99k) was 17k down on average (115k). We are now down 54k in total. Over 2009-14, Round 7 has averaged +26k. This year's line is totally different from any other year I've seen.

MWdgWWFl.png

- Sharks vs Rabbitohs -9k (smallest crowd for this fixture ever, and the lowest between these teams since 1984, but given the weather, it was amazing they got even that)
- Titans vs Panthers -2k
- Knights vs Eels -2k

- Storm vs Roosters +1k

- Dragons vs Broncos 0k

- Warriors vs Titans 12k
- Knights vs Cowboys 15k
- Broncos vs Eels 29k
- Panthers vs Sharks 11k

When you do this (its brilliant BTW), what is zero??

DC_fan

Coach

MWdgWWFl.png

- Titans vs Panthers -2k
- Knights vs Eels -2k

- Storm vs Roosters +1k

- Dragons vs Broncos 0k

- Warriors vs Titans 12k
- Knights vs Cowboys 15k
- Broncos vs Eels 29k
- Panthers vs Sharks 11k

Figures for this season are heading so far south they will be in Mexico soon.

2011. 21k were sold, sold out signs went up hour before kick off. Torrential Rain and storm winds rolled in about 30min before kick off. 15,317 at start and around 11k I'd say braved it to the end. I was so wet 10min in figured no point in leaving as couldn't have got any wetter. The mrs bailed 15min in though and made me get the train home lol.

4k is a sht crowd for a top tier sport but put the 4 factors together (club, stadium, weather, Monday night) a and it isn't any surprise.

Point of view from a shit merkin with no team, really doesn't matter

CCJohnC

Juniors
Home crowds are always better if your team is winning. Also who you are playing and weather. I will say again all Sydney including Penrith and Newcastle teams should play each other home and away.

With regards to last nights match I spoke to someone who works at Sharks Leagues and they had their best trade in there for the year (that includes after the Knights game where the joint was rammed). Conservative estimates of 1500 people watching the game inside.

franklin2323

Immortal
Home crowds are always better if your team is winning. Also who you are playing and weather. I will say again all Sydney including Penrith and Newcastle teams should play each other home and away.

Yep. Our biggestr drawing team is the WT and we haven't played them at home the last 2 seasons

juro

Bench
When you do this (its brilliant BTW), what is zero??
Zero for an individual game is where the 2015 crowd exactly equals that individual game's average crowds over 2010-14. The line shows the cumulative total of all the games played so far.

If we were to end up on zero this year, the total crowd would actually be 3,124,305, up 2.3% on last year's total.

If we were to maintain the current position (54k down on average), we would still beat last year's total by 0.5%.

In other words, do the NSWRL instead of the NRL typical insular thinking. Also majority of Sydney vs Sydney crowds are poor anyway eg Manly/Bulldogs, Sharks/Roosters, etc.

Those in Sydney need to accept out of teams as simple as that and treat it like any other game instead of no-showing it. It's up to the home supporters in that area to show up instead of relying on the away fan excuse. If the heartland of NRL is strong it is it doesn't need to rely on away fans but it's always a excuse.

All home games should be treated equally and if that day occur crowds as a whole would be better.

BunniesMan

Immortal
In other words, do the NSWRL instead of the NRL typical insular thinking. Also majority of Sydney vs Sydney crowds are poor anyway eg Manly/Bulldogs, Sharks/Roosters, etc.

Those in Sydney need to accept out of teams as simple as that and treat it like any other game instead of no-showing it. It's up to the home supporters in that area to show up instead of relying on the away fan excuse. If the heartland of NRL is strong it is it doesn't need to rely on away fans but it's always a excuse.

All home games should be treated equally and if that day occur crowds as a whole would be better.

It is logical for the Sydney clubs to play each other as often as possible. Without Sydney there is no NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.