What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Time to take ANZAC day away from Brisbane
These lazy tossers are not worthy of this occasion

Leave it to cities that embrace our national traditions
Like Sydney & Melbourne

3 of the four largest crowds of the year were in Brisbane.

Sorry. About. It.

insert.pause

First Grade
Based on figures supplied by clubs, a combined total of 138,000 is expected to attend the five games, surpassing the previous record.

A sell-out crowd of around 44,000 is set to cram Allianz Stadium for the traditional Sydney Roosters-St George Illawarra Dragons match on Saturday, kicking off at 4pm.

PAUL KENT: HOW THE CULTURE IS CHANGING AT THE TIGERS AND DRAGONS

Just 3000 seats were left unsold Wednesday afternoon.

In Brisbane, the Broncos are tipping a crowd of 36,000 for the match against Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium. That figure could actually have been higher if Brisbane wasn’t allocated the 8pm match.

Melbourne Storm officials are tipping a crowd of 22,000 for their game against arch-rivals Manly at AAMI Park. A poor weather forecast could reduce that figure.

In Auckland, Warriors management are ready for a crowd of 16,000 for their match against Gold Coast at Mt Smart Stadium. New Zealand does have a public holiday on Monday due to Anzac Day, some fans may opt to take-off out of Auckland for a long week.

And a crowd of around 20,000 is expected at Hunter Stadium for Newcastle’s match against Johnathan Thurston’s North Queensland.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-matches-played/story-fnp0lyn3-1227315794285

Wow
On the centenary of our most sacred national days

Drop the cliched bullshit. It isn't a national day. It is a day on which two different nations remember a shared loss. ANZAC Day.

The quasi-religious crap, sacred indeed, gets on my goat. Guess it plays to the A Current Affair demographic...

:lol:

But but but

Theres 2million people in brisbane dickhead
Cant even find 40k to go to the football on this special day

Lazy
Disrepectful to our diggers
Plain Embarrasing

The self annoited home of rugby league

pigs arse it is :lol:

Putting aside your illiteracy, there is nothing disrespectful about not going to the football. Or dawn service, for that matter.

Time to take ANZAC day away from Brisbane
These lazy tossers are not worthy of this occasion

Leave it to cities that embrace our national traditions
Like Sydney & Melbourne

Watching the Broncos/Eels game on ANZAC Day is a national tradition? You're a deadset idiot. Even your troll bait it contemptible.

chahrour123

Juniors
A sell-out crowd of around 44,000 is set to cram Allianz Stadium for the traditional Sydney Roosters-St George Illawarra Dragons match on Saturday, There is ONLY 3,000 tickets LEFT.

- Brisbane Broncos vs Parramatta Eels expected crowd is 36,000.

- Melbourne Storm vs Manly Sea Eagles set to attract a healthy crowd of 22,000 at AAMI Park.

- A crowd of approximately 16,000 is expected at Mt Smart stadium when the Warriors take on the Gold Coast Titans.

- 20,000 people are set to watch the Knights take on the Eels at NQ Cowboys at Hunter Stadium.

So the total for this round lets say on Saturday the attendances were 42k + 35k + 22k + 15k + 20k, that would mean 134000 in one done. The record is 136,695, If all games get the estimates than we will set a new record. If anything I think the games that will get more than expected is the Broncos home game and Knights home game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Oh thats nice

But...

1 team
2 million people

Did u forget that bit wanker ?:roll:

Paris' team in the Top 14 Rugby Union competition is Stade Francais, they averaged 17,031 last year with a population of 12million people.

Pretty sure that the Brisbane Broncos have the highest average attendance for ANY Rugby and or Rugby Union team in the world.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Paris' team in the Top 14 Rugby Union competition is Stade Francais, they averaged 17,031 last year with a population of 12million people.

Pretty sure that the Brisbane Broncos have the highest average attendance for ANY Rugby and or Rugby Union team in the world.

Hmmm
Did Paris dub itself the home of rugby union in France dipshit ?

Oh &
Theres the matter of yawnion not even being Paris' s main winter sport
Thatd be sooker :roll:

36k on ANZAC day
Simply pathetic

For shame

For shame

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Hmmm

Oh &

36k on ANZAC day
Simply pathetic

For shame

For shame

I don't think parisians give two farts about sport in general. The national teams draw well playing at there and the occasional big event crowd for other sports. Until the recent success and riches PSG played in front of bugger all with a bad reputation and apathetic fans

I have heard tennis is the cities most popular sport

pHyR3

Juniors
broncs averaged like 33k last year, 3k above average for anzac day is pretty mediocre.

should be pushing 40k, especially with their form.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
First steps should be to look at ticketing and food/drink prices. As Locky said, it's extortion.

I wonder sometimes if we over analyse the game day experience.
Bands for example could be polarising. A mate of mine is in the US where you imagine everything reeks of 'big-time'. Anyway, he went to a basketball game where the half time entertainment was a baby crawling race. The near 20k crowd thought it was brilliant.

The pregame and halftime onfield entertainment really shouldnt be considered a big part of the game day experience....

People are off taking a piss, getting a drink or chatting with their mate. As long as their is activity on the field (u6s games are fine) then its all good.

If youre going to invest in gameday atmosphere, it needs to be smaller thing around the stadium precinct that people can get close to (not a d-list band in the middle of a field with no one listening).

Pub bands in beer gardens are always a safe bet for a bit of atmosphere before a game, but there are a thousand other things they could do to make the experience more than just what happens on the field, and that is what brings people off their couch; the things you cant get through the tv....

yadamisha

Juniors
2011. 21k were sold, sold out signs went up hour before kick off. Torrential Rain and storm winds rolled in about 30min before kick off. 15,317 at start and around 11k I'd say braved it to the end. I was so wet 10min in figured no point in leaving as couldn't have got any wetter. The mrs bailed 15min in though and made me get the train home lol.

4k is a sht crowd for a top tier sport but put the 4 factors together (club, stadium, weather, Monday night) a and it isn't any surprise.

Given the winds were classed as a cat 2 cyclone since before lunch, doesn't matter what two teams it was, the crowd would not have been any different. I've been at rain affected games at the SFS and there were just as many there on Monday then there was at that SFS game.

And comparing that Perth game's crowd is apples and oranges. The weather in Perth was nothing compared to the conditions on Monday night given it had been those conditions ALL day, not just before kickoff!

Even the 3200 odd covered seats were soaked!

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
Given the winds were classed as a cat 2 cyclone since before lunch, doesn't matter what two teams it was, the crowd would not have been any different. I've been at rain affected games at the SFS and there were just as many there on Monday then there was at that SFS game.

And comparing that Perth game's crowd is apples and oranges. The weather in Perth was nothing compared to the conditions on Monday night given it had been those conditions ALL day, not just before kickoff!

Even the 3200 odd covered seats were soaked!

Some times PR lets his understandable bias get the better of him.

Trying to compare a one off game in a developing market on a weekend (with poor weather) to a Monday night game in Sydney in conditions like that is bullshit.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hmmm

Oh &

36k on ANZAC day
Simply pathetic

For shame

For shame

Pretty sure that Phil Gould was the one who always dubbed us the home of Rugby League.

You use names like dipshit, wanker and so on, behind a keyboard. Settle down and head back to your parents basement.

Your hatred for Brisbane is showing your true lack of intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.