What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work ARLC!!!

This is exactly how they should be approaching attendance; make the adult tickets the relatively expensive ones (to acheive the necesary incomes) while letting kids in for as little as possible (as an investment in future ticket sales)

Thinking of ending the school holidays down at the Titans game on Saturday (the novelty of daytime football is worth it). Kids are free in Gold and Steel, but adults are $43/29 each. Wish we could have some of that Sydney pricing up here! Will probably get Steels but still.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thinking of ending the school holidays down at the Titans game on Saturday (the novelty of daytime football is worth it). Kids are free in Gold and Steel, but adults are $43/29 each. Wish we could have some of that Sydney pricing up here! Will probably get Steels but still.

Stadium costs up there are probably too expensive to absorb it.

Whenever I see the comments under any articles on ticket deals either on Twitter or news sites all these people start complaining about $4.80 bottles of water and not being able to bring snacks into ANZ.

Has anyone else experienced this? We have got water and snacks for the kids at ANZ the last few years? Is there a rule about bringing stuff in? Maybe we've just been lucky due to half arsed bag searches?

The fact that none of the ticketing websites have been updated for the $50 deal is not helping with the whingers. The NRL really need to have Ticketek and Ticketmaster adjust their systems before these announcements

Whenever I see the comments under any articles on ticket deals either on Twitter or news sites all these people start complaining about $4.80 bottles of water and not being able to bring snacks into ANZ.

Has anyone else experienced this? We have got water and snacks for the kids at ANZ the last few years? Is there a rule about bringing stuff in? Maybe we've just been lucky due to half arsed bag searches?

I have attended pretty much every Souths home game, all reciprocal games, plenty of neutral games and finals games and have NEVER been told I couldn't take in food, drinks or water bottles...except for a jar of salsa my wife once packed on GF day that got taken because it was glass.

And I get bag checked every time too.

Dogs Of War

Coach

It's fine as long as drinks are sealed. I always brought by own snacks and if your going to anz subway is right there as s good option before going in.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

The people that dont get it in are the ones dumb enough to bring it in a shopping bag....

Stash it at the bottom of a backpack and no one will stop you.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The fact that none of the ticketing websites have been updated for the $50 deal is not helping with the whingers. The NRL really need to have Ticketek and Ticketmaster adjust their systems before these announcements

I still think it would be worth the ARLC creating a centralised ticketing and membership unit that takes a commission off the top to cover costs then passes the incomes on to the clubs. (the clubs could set their own prices, but the ARLC would provide the service)

Would HAVE to be better than the $5 booking charge Ticketek have.

pHyR3

Juniors
The people that dont get it in are the ones dumb enough to bring it in a shopping bag....

Stash it at the bottom of a backpack and no one will stop you.

really? i bring in packs of half opened chips, cookies, a bag of food from maccas whatever i want and all they do is peer into my bag and ask 'any glass bottles'

havent tried opened coke bottles but im guessing thats cause you can mix alcohol in there pretty easy so maybe theyll say no to that

Glen

Bench
The facebook whinging brigade under any post the NRL makes will probably always be there. It could be the most positive initiative of all time and within 3 minutes there will be 5 people shitting on it or whining about an unrelated matter

thorson1987

Coach
really? i bring in packs of half opened chips, cookies, a bag of food from maccas whatever i want and all they do is peer into my bag and ask 'any glass bottles'

havent tried opened coke bottles but im guessing thats cause you can mix alcohol in there pretty easy so maybe theyll say no to that

Open food is fine, but as you said when it comes to drinks they are supposed to be sealed, although ive never seen anyone been made to chuck out the coke bottle.

insert.pause

First Grade
Family deals for representative matches

Families of four will be able to attend the ANZAC Test between Australia and New Zealand for as little as $80 – or $20 per person.

NRL Head of Marketing, Lewis Pullen said today a range of packages had been released to encourage families to attend both the ANZAC Test in Brisbane and the Pacific Test Double Header on the Gold Coast.

"These Tests will showcase the very best players in the game," Mr Pullen said.

"Over a single weekend fans will be able to see the stars from Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands – and the best women players in the world."

Among the packages available for the Representative weekend from May 1- 3 are:

• Anzac Test – tickets from $30 with family tickets from $80
• Pacific Test Double Header – Tickets from $15
• ANZAC Test and Pacific Double Header pass – six games for $40
• Tickets for the 2015 AAMI Country v City match, which will be held in Wagga Wagga, will be available from $10 for adults and $25 for families.

Mr Pullen said the NRL had also linked with Dreamworld to provide a pass to both days of Test football – plus a trip to Dreamworld for $60 (children) and $80 (adults).

"In other words, this is an opportunity to enjoy a full weekend of entertainment at a very affordable price," he said.
http://www.nrl.com/family-deals-for-representative-matches/tabid/10874/newsid/85386/default.aspx

chahrour123

Juniors
I haven't used this page in a while but its good to be back. Now crowd wise there was an interesting article from Brad Walter.

" After six rounds of NRL fixtures (not including Monday night's Rabbitohs-Cowboys clash at ANZ Stadium), crowds have totalled 762,950 for an average attendance of 16,232 over the 47 matches.

In comparison, last year's opening six rounds of matches drew attendances of 734,500, for an average of 15,627 per match, but Easter was later in 2014 so no final conclusion can be drawn from the figures, while the NRL has this year scheduled five games on ANZAC Day that are expected to boost crowd numbers. "

link: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nt-always-tell-the-truth-20150413-1mjuby.html

I think that's the first positive article about NRL crowds I have seen in a while, we need more people like Brad and not Buzz to talk footy.

In saying that does anyone know the PAX for any of the games this week ? Hopefully we get good crowds all round. I think Dragons and Tigers fans in particular will step up !

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting rep weekend. Good idea having those International matches in South East Queensland. I can see a number of families staying the weekend up there. Fly to Brisbane, go to the Aus/NZL test match, drive down the next day, spend the day at one of the theme parks, go the pacific tests double header.

Theyre expecting 35,000 for the Australia/NZL game. Surely they'll get to 40,000.

papabear

Juniors

I always bring sandwiches into ANZ

Kirky

Juniors
I always bring sandwiches into ANZ

The-Most-Interesting-Man-In-The-World.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts