What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Fullback

magpie guy

Juniors
The state cup side today racked up over 50 points against the comp leaders, Koro scored another hatrick, its now 10 in three weeks, thats more than our NRL side has scored in a month, mosses gets a hatrick and kick 8 out nine,Siro has a big game along with plenty of others. Its now the time to let Anasta go, let Turdesco spend the rest of the season on the bench for reserve grade.

We have to find space for Koro,Moses and Austen in the 17 and have a serious look at a few of the other kids running around in reserve grade. Its the end of the road for Lawrence and Anasta, sad but true.

But you know it will not happen and that is why we seriously have to re think our coach options for 2015.

That says to me Austin at 5/8, Siro in the backrow rotation (which I expect will happen) and Moses at fullback.

I think Moses could do with a season in state cup so that leaves us with a back line of

1.Simona
2.Koro
3.Nofo
4.Lawrence
5.Richards
6.Austin
7.Brooks

That looks like a great backline to me. Even with Siro off the bench we have

8.Woods
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Thompson
13.Blair

14.Tapau
15.Gavet
16.Sue
17.Siro

If Fulton isn't ready Siro moves into the run-on and Ava.S comes onto the bench.

Edit - I am a fan of Lawrence and think that he is a solid defender and hits a good line. In saying that, Simona at left centre and Moses at fullback is an option. I just think that it is something better left for next season and that Lawrence deserves until the end of season to prove his worth.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
We have plenty of options at the moment. I'd start with Siro and Ava in place of Sue. I also think I'd play Moses ahead of Austin.

gronkathon

First Grade
Akouala should take Lawrences spot, move Simona to FB, Nofa into centre and Koro gets promoted.

Sitaleki is actually faster than Rowdy and has great first contact and a killer offload. Defended space really well in the centres. Played a lot of junior footy there.

I think Rowdy is getting better but in the modern game it is about managing that bottom line and cap space and quite frankly the value for money is gone

macnaz

Staff member
Akouala should take Lawrences spot, move Simona to FB, Nofa into centre and Koro gets promoted.

Sitaleki is actually faster than Rowdy and has great first contact and a killer offload. Defended space really well in the centres. Played a lot of junior footy there.

I think Rowdy is getting better but in the modern game it is about managing that bottom line and cap space and quite frankly the value for money is gone

Pots is faster then Rowdy.

Can anyone confirm how much fullback Moses has played and in which grade or is his mooted move to fullback just wishful thinking?

Tigerm

Coach
That says to me Austin at 5/8, Siro in the backrow rotation (which I expect will happen) and Moses at fullback.

I think Moses could do with a season in state cup so that leaves us with a back line of

1.Simona
2.Koro
3.Nofo
4.Lawrence
5.Richards
6.Austin
7.Brooks

That looks like a great backline to me. Even with Siro off the bench we have

8.Woods
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Thompson
13.Blair

14.Tapau
15.Gavet
16.Sue
17.Siro

If Fulton isn't ready Siro moves into the run-on and Ava.S comes onto the bench.

Edit - I am a fan of Lawrence and think that he is a solid defender and hits a good line. In saying that, Simona at left centre and Moses at fullback is an option. I just think that it is something better left for next season and that Lawrence deserves until the end of season to prove his worth.

Happy with this. I think we have been missing Gavet runs, straightening us up.
I read something, somewhere this morning that Tedesco is probably going to play next week in the 1's?

In my fantasy land, I reckon we should have a go at Lachlan Coote and play Moses at 6. Coote is going to be a mile behind Morgan at the Cowboys.

Fantasy 2, we go after Jack Littlejohn and play Moses at 1. Littlejohn is a billion to 1 to get a slot in the halves at Manly.

These are my thoughts.

Bench
In my fantasy land, I reckon we should have a go at Lachlan Coote and play Moses at 6. Coote is going to be a mile behind Morgan at the Cowboys.

Fantasy 2, we go after Jack Littlejohn and play Moses at 1. Littlejohn is a billion to 1 to get a slot in the halves at Manly.

These are my thoughts.

We are better off having a crack at Mansour,but we have Simona who I think would kill it at 1,Koro needs a look in,and Teddy's spot should be open,so shuffle Tim to 1,Noffo to 3,and we have
1-Simona 2-Koro 3-Noffo 4 Rowdy 5 Patty if we jag Mansour then a reshuffle involving Rowdy out is on the cards for 2015.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have Sirro start at five eighth & shift him to lock after 25 mins & bring Austin on from the bench to five eighth.

I had a crazy thought. Would it be worth trying Sironen at fullback? His time in the halves would have given him the ball skills to be able to chime into the backline, and he definitely has the size to cause some damage on kick returns. Positioning for kicks is something you can certainly teach him, the only question mark in my opinion would be his speed.

magpie guy

Juniors
I had a crazy thought. Would it be worth trying Sironen at fullback? His time in the halves would have given him the ball skills to be able to chime into the backline, and he definitely has the size to cause some damage on kick returns. Positioning for kicks is something you can certainly teach him, the only question mark in my opinion would be his speed.

He doesn't have anywhere near the speed for mine. I would play lawrence at FB ahead of him.

simmo1

First Grade
Karmichael Hunts playing reserve grade for some AFL team and apparently looking to leave, but guessing he would be out of our price range if we can't even afford to keep Tedesco?

Probs go to French Rugby I'd say.

magpie guy

Juniors
Karmichael Hunts playing reserve grade for some AFL team and apparently looking to leave, but guessing he would be out of our price range if we can't even afford to keep Tedesco?

Def be worth at least making an offer to him. Worst thing that happens is he says no.

macnaz

Staff member

Id imagine playing reggies he'd have a piss weak pay range ... Benji was a star ( technically) went to Yawnion and came back worth nearly half price. . Hunt would be happy to get his foot back in the door , but i think he is no where the player he was when he left.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tbh, this is good news for rowe. He can spend a year developing in nsw cup. Whether he becomes nrl quality is yet to be seen.