What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Fullback

super_coach

First Grade
The Tigers have uploaded an article today about Koro and his recent good form. I'm thinking their attitude towards Koro may have changed since Tedesco signed with the Raiders.

Yes we are now probably interested again but also I would imagine his demand would have increased over the past month hence his asking price would have climbed. Their is a limited supply of players, especially crowd pullers so I think a bog average side will pay overs for a player like Koro in the hope they can iron out his deficiencies and cash in on his excitement value.
He sure beats Keith Lalua in the excitement stakes

FootynRacing

Juniors
In no way am I suggesting this but was just curious as to peoples thoughts...
There is a story in todays Telegraph on Arana Taumata. States that he was once tagged as the next Wally Lewis. Would anyone consider giving him a 2nd (or 8th) chance ? could he play fullback ?

super_coach

First Grade
in no way am i suggesting this but was just curious as to peoples thoughts...
There is a story in todays telegraph on arana taumata. States that he was once tagged as the next wally lewis. Would anyone consider giving him a 2nd (or 8th) chance ? Could he play fullback ?

no no and no

macnaz

Staff member
No ... massive fuctard that has been given more then enough chances.

Radical Rat

Juniors
In no way am I suggesting this but was just curious as to peoples thoughts...
There is a story in todays Telegraph on Arana Taumata. States that he was once tagged as the next Wally Lewis. Would anyone consider giving him a 2nd (or 8th) chance ? could he play fullback ?

I would rather bring Fitzhenry back as our 5/8 than that spastic.

TYGA

Juniors
I think its a good idea to look at people stuck behind great no 1's at other clubs or being played out of position. Robinson @ Canberra, Gutherson @ Manly, Holmes @ Cronulla, Hoffman @ Brisbane. Otherwise its Simona for me and Nofo into the centres + Koro on the wing.

Either way we need to sign a centre,fullback and 5/8 regardless.

macnaz

Staff member
People are a bit concerned about Kori's positional defense which is a bit dodgy at times but that is a coaching issue which surely is correctable , but ive also seen Kori not given credit for running down players or kicks due to his amazing speed. I think with Kori its a matter of wether he offers more positives then negatives ... his negatives can be corrected but his positives are pure joy.
Ps... just watching Peachey carving up for Penrith as im writing this.... speed like Kori and over for his 2nd try :)

macnaz

Staff member
I think its a good idea to look at people stuck behind great no 1's at other clubs or being played out of position. Robinson @ Canberra, Gutherson @ Manly, Holmes @ Cronulla, Hoffman @ Brisbane. Otherwise its Simona for me and Nofo into the centres + Koro on the wing.

Either way we need to sign a centre,fullback and 5/8 regardless.

We are sweet for 5/8's .. just need to get rid of the shit one currently getting selected.

magpie guy

Juniors
Macnaz has it right in this thread. Nofo takes a great ball in traffic and has the ability to gain metres and has an offload. All of the things that gives a winger like Koro the space to score trys. Simona works far better with early ball and space but is not as good in traffic. Give Simona the space at Fullback and he will start scoring the length of the field trys we saw last season.

We are also sweet for 5/8's. Austin, Siro and Moses are all great options.

On Tamatau; he has had so many chances and stuffed it, I wouldn't want him near the team even on just match payments.

Tiger05

First Grade
Give Simona the space at Fullback and he will start scoring the length of the field trys we saw last season.

He played there for us previously and he ran it back hard. I think we need him scoring some length of the field tries for us as well.

I'd like to see us take this option now. In saying that maybe Rowe will bulk up and start performing to a higher level. He seems to be able to ball play and run some nice lines. If he can just start running it back with some pace he might turn into a solid first grader.

Fordy20

Juniors
I'd also like to see him backing up around the edges of the ruck in order to snare an offload and go for a line break.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
In the time that Potter has been our coach, and with our litany of injuries, how many times has he replaced a player with a player that DIDN'T originate from that position?

Mid game aside?

And quite frankly, this is the way it should be.

If its not going to be Rowe, buy someone.

We have been through SO MANY years of manufacturing positions. Lets leave THAT behind.

On Tedesco, if Canberra want to play overs for a baby with busted knees already, they can have him. I'm more annoyed about him leaving than anything else, but it will stuff up his career and that's his loss.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
In the time that Potter has been our coach, and with our litany of injuries, how many times has he replaced a player with a player that DIDN'T originate from that position?

Mid game aside?

And quite frankly, this is the way it should be.

If its not going to be Rowe, buy someone.

We have been through SO MANY years of manufacturing positions. Lets leave THAT behind.
Like GI being manufactured into a fullback? That seems to have worked out OK.

super_coach

First Grade
The state cup side today racked up over 50 points against the comp leaders, Koro scored another hatrick, its now 10 in three weeks, thats more than our NRL side has scored in a month, mosses gets a hatrick and kick 8 out nine,Siro has a big game along with plenty of others. Its now the time to let Anasta go, let Turdesco spend the rest of the season on the bench for reserve grade.

We have to find space for Koro,Moses and Austen in the 17 and have a serious look at a few of the other kids running around in reserve grade. Its the end of the road for Lawrence and Anasta, sad but true.

But you know it will not happen and that is why we seriously have to re think our coach options for 2015.

hutch

First Grade
Inglis always was a fullback. He only moved into the centres at the storm because of billy slater.

If Koro has scored 10 in his last 3 games he then deserves to come into the top grade,it shits me that plodders like Lulia are continually given given a go when he is terrible in defence and has nothing in attack.!