What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Membership Discussion

my2centsworth

Juniors
So about $125 per member, meaning heavily leaning towards non-ticketed memberships. Still not a bad income. I couldn't find that annual report in my searching, all I found was a link stating it has been released but required a members login to access.

Now the next step would be finding out how many of those memberships are subsidised "Souths Cares" memberships given away by the charity wing of souths, and how many come from the subsidised junior memberships, although that info is honestly not going to be available.

It is cute that you needed to toss in that the annual report is "independently" audited as being some sort of stamp of infallibility though. Auditors sign off on whatever they are given in my experience providing their bills are paid on time. I trust the word of Souths far more than I do that of KPMG.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rabbitohs-show-why-you-should-try-this-at-home-20140425-zqzf1.html

If you take this as gospel - then the roosters were targetting 17.5K members at 2 mio revenue. Marginally less than $115/member

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
lol , the Tigers CEO , hmm.

did he make this statement after he apologised for Tigers funding mess that requires extra financial support from NRL? lol

If that is the best discussion point you can get from Tigers CEO re NRL , lol

He should spend more time writing character references.

Nick Pappas does, so classy.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
At origin they have a big fenced off area for people with game tickets. Bands, had elias, spud and beaver being interviewed by maroon and selling full strength beers unlike across the road at the brewery.

If you show your clubs membership card you get own entry lane, own fenced off 'vip' area with no ques at the bar and a free vb. Not bad at all.

macavity

Referee
Look for the Knights membership to plummet next year. The last 6 or so weeks have lost a lot of people - and it's worse than being angry, the town is just starting to realise we don't have a club we can be proud of, so why bother caring. Really weird feeling.

Kiwi

First Grade
Look for the Knights membership to plummet next year. The last 6 or so weeks have lost a lot of people - and it's worse than being angry, the town is just starting to realise we don't have a club we can be proud of, so why bother caring. Really weird feeling.

Guess Bennett was just a scape goat. I feel for the Knights, their fans are very passionate if there is one side I would really like to see turn it around, it's the Knights. I don't think it's far away either. They have some great exciting backs, good forwards, just really lacking in the halves. If they signed a decent half or two they would be a top 8 side.

alien

Referee
He agreed with me and said we have a long way to go but some clubs (and he mentioned souths and the dragons by name) perhaps twist the numbers to look better then they are.

yeah well that is very hypocritical coming from him when last year wests tigers had a membership which costed more than getting 2 smaller memberships, which gave you the same thing, and getting the 2 smaller memberships also meant you got an extra membership kit (although they probably "got lost in the post!") :lol:
just a crafty way of getting someone to purchase 2 memberships for themselves to increase the number
bad Mayer [-X

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Muggings?

ZhTwj09.jpg

don't be speciest! [-X

harboo

Juniors
Souths membership now 35,077 it has really slowed down only 29 new members in the last week how are all the other clubs memberships going

alien

Referee
Souths membership now 35,077 it has really slowed down only 29 new members in the last week how are all the other clubs memberships going

they should get some more at the game this weekend in perth. they'll have the membership tent there, and there is a western australia membership available

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith Panthers have this season achieved a new all-time membership record with more than 17,000 committed fans signing on in 2015 – but there is already a new target in sight.

The club is laying down the FIVE 4 TWENTY challenge to its members, fans and the entire Penrith community to help the Panthers reach 20,000 members in 2015.

As the name suggests, there are some great rewards on offer for those who assist the club to reach the historic milestone.

Any Panthers member who recruits five new members will receive 20 per cent off the cost of their membership next season.

But the ultimate, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity lays in wait for the dedicated fan who recruits the most new members. He or she will get to spend a match day with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary – an incomparable inner sanctum experience.

The winner will join Cleary in the Pepper Stadium sheds for his pre-match team talk, watch the team warm up from the sideline, enjoy the match from the players enclosure, experience the half time talk, and the team celebrations after the final whistle.

Panthers General Manager consumer Nathan Russell invited the Penrith community to lead the charge towards 20,000 members with the FIVE 4 TWENTY initiative.

“This is the perfect opportunity for our loyal members to reach out to their mates who are Panthers fans and encourage them to take up a membership,” he said.

“With every referral, our members put themselves in contention to spend a match day with Ivan and soak up the experience of being in the sheds and on the sideline with the team.

“Even those who miss out on this incredible major prize still enjoy a substantially discounted membership next season, so there has never been a better time to get your mates on board.”

Panthers members can start recommending their mates now at http://membership.penrithpanthers.com.au/five-4-twenty/.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/06/03/panthers_launch_new_.html

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Great news!!

I may have missed something, but are Parra the only team to have a member base bigger than our home ground? Excluding anz of cours
edit: no idea how to fix the thumbs down

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Cowbs at 13189.

Looks about roughly 1k a year rise since the big push on memberships 3-4 years ago. Would like to see us hit the 20kmmark eventually.

Latest posts