What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 ODI WORLD CUP discussion thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
ok, haka coming up I think

seen this coming a mile away

though , kinda disturbing when chicks do it, with painted on goaties

TheParraboy

Staff member
NZ is such a beautifull country, glad they are showing footage on the large screen to the cricket world

TheParraboy

Staff member
well this playing cricket thing went off a treat, lol

I guess they had to fill in some time

TheDalek079

Bench
the ICC guy said one of their principles is inclusion. Yet they're excluding the associate nations in 2019.

Thought the opening ceremony was cheesy but effective

some11

Referee
Well that was a load of wank.

Could've saved a lot of money and scrapped the whole thing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That was soooo bad, it was Eurovision good.

My favourite was the very well nourished, Bangladeshis.

vvvrulz

Coach
I liked this opening ceremony. It was a bit goofy and low key but that sums up the host countries nicely, laid back as ever.

Now we're at the mercy of the teams playing quality cricket and the weather holding up.

Should have been 12 teams imo, can see a few too many thumpings coming up.
10 teams in the 2019 WC is too little.

Don't like quarters that much either, the super six format is actually a pretty good idea but it got ruined every time with the likes of Kenya, Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe sneaking in. Full credit to them of course but it messed up the tournaments.

Quarters always send a good team home too early.
The danger in this world cup format is a long extended period of pool play and soft games, and then bang everyone is eliminated and suddenly its the final.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Maybe forget the quarters? (can you do that in a world cup tournament?)

Top two teams in each pool make the semis.

make the final a best of 3 (to make up for the loss of quarter finals game) though that idea doesn't really grab me I must admit

vvvrulz

Coach
Maybe forget the quarters? (can you do that in a world cup tournament?)

Top two teams in each pool make the semis.

make the final a best of 3 (to make up for the loss of quarter finals game) though that idea doesn't really grab me I must admit

I'd like the quarters scrapped, I thought about best of 3 for the finals similar to the old VB series. I think that could work but it would make the semi-finals really do or die.

I think pools of four + super eights + semis and finals would work the best.

Minnows get three games which is enough to prove themselves but not long enough to disrupt the tournament. Then all the super eights (in theory) would be the top 8 nations facing each other once.

shiznit

Coach
it begins
c97ef08f62fa8809598017f88a21f2924bb2108531ce8b916f199d192e125d24.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
The coverage has been a step below channel 9 quality I reckon. Graphics are terrible (too much crap on screen - who wants to see player's heads constantly), the commentary is too loud and on field/crowd sound is too low. Hope they sort that out

JJ

Immortal
Coverage has been mixed, some of the stats (notably the ICC rankings, ironically) have been flat out wrong...

That said, commentary a huge step up from the usual drivel - the likes of Bishop, Arnold, Ganguly, Wasim are great for a change

Latest posts