What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 R8 v Bulldogs

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Friday April 24th, ANZ Stadium, 7.45pm

1 James Tedesco
2 Kevin Naiqama
3 Tim Simona
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitchell Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah (c)
10 Ava Seumanufagai
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Kyle Lovett
13 Martin Taupau

Interchange
14 Dene Halatau
15 Matthew Lodge
16 Jack Buchanan
17 Sauaso Sue
18 Delouise Hoeter

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Bulldogs

1 Sam Perrett
2 Curtis Rona
3 Josh Morris
4 Chase Stanley
5 Corey Thompson
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Trent Hodkinson
8 Aiden Tolman (c)
9 Michael Lichaa
10 Tim Browne
11 Josh Jackson
12 Tony Williams
13 Greg Eastwood

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Lloyd Perrett
16 Frank Pritchard
17 Moses Mbye
19 Danny Fualalo
20 Antonio Kaufusi
22 Herman Ese'ese

gronkathon

First Grade
Second week in a row I have gotten to the number 4 in our team announcement video and said, yeah I don't care now

He is fast becoming the new Fitzhenry. Our Braith Fitzmoltzen all wrapped up in one.
Completely unaccountable.

Mind you Moses seems just as untouchable.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting that hoeters been named 18th man. I thought he was ultra impressive in his one game v the dogs. Wonder if someone is in doubt. Glad to see Ava starting, would have liked Sue there too

Moses/Lawrence combo offer zero in attack,Buchanan and Keith would probably offer more at 5/8 and centre then those two.

macnaz

Staff member
My thoughts exactly. He's had a very ordinary start to the year. Lets look at his stats:

0 Try Assists
0 Tries
1 Linebreak Assist

Whereas Luke Brooks:

7 Try Assists
3 Tries
4 Linebreak Assists

Id like to see Lawrence v Simona stats .

Fordy20

Juniors
My thoughts exactly. He's had a very ordinary start to the year. Lets look at his stats:

0 Try Assists
0 Tries
1 Linebreak Assist

Whereas Luke Brooks:

7 Try Assists
3 Tries
4 Linebreak Assists

Without the number of touches, the obvious conclusion from those statistics is that the Tigers direct their attack down Brooks side of the pitch. Tackle counts would also be helpful to see who is being targeted bybthe opposition.

Fordy20

Juniors
Id like to see Lawrence v Simona stats .

What for? I remember you calling for Lovett's head after a match where he had similiar stats to Sironen despite being on the pitch for 30mins less and being on Moses side of the field.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As i've always said, centres are only as good as the ball they are receiving.

Lawrence has been much better this year and thats on the back of him getting the same crap quality service from five eighth as he has had in the past 3 years. He is defending better and i believe his running game snd handling have also improved.

Simona is dying outside Brooks. They play too flat on his side. I'd consider switching Brooks and Moses around.

macnaz

Staff member
What for? I remember you calling for Lovett's head after a match where he had similiar stats to Sironen despite being on the pitch for 30mins less and being on Moses side of the field.

Really ? Please quote that one ! f**ked if I can remember bagging Lovett.
Back to the question , id like to see the stats on them 2 I mentioned.
Example average metres, line breaks , try assists .
Regardless of amount of ball.. averages will still paint a picture.

macnaz

Staff member
As i've always said, centres are only as good as the ball they are receiving.

Lawrence has been much better this year and thats on the back of him getting the same crap quality service from five eighth as he has had in the past 3 years. He is defending better and i believe his running game snd handling have also improved.

Simona is dying outside Brooks. They play too flat on his side. I'd consider switching Brooks and Moses around.

Depends on the type of centre u have .. if u have a one dimensional one like Lawrence , service is critical .
If u have ones like Hodges or Lyons who can produce offloads and other plays its not so important.

N.C.

Juniors
Macnaz I will look them up later but from memory running stats are about the same but Simona gets more tackle breaks. Lawrence is doing almost double the defensive work.

macnaz

Staff member
Macnaz I will look them up later but from memory running stats are about the same but Simona gets more tackle breaks. Lawrence is doing almost double the defensive work.

Cheerss NC , im just to lazy lol

Ps.. Fordy , not denying it , just dont for the life of me remember it ;)

N.C.

Juniors
Simona v Lawrence.

These have not been updated with round 7 numbers cause I'm a bit lazy too.

Simona
Minutes 484
Touches 96
Tries 2
Try assists 3
Runs 63
Runs m 616
Tackles 61
Miss tckl 12
Tackle brk 13
Offloads 4
Linebreaks 3
LB assists 3
Errors 3
Penalites 2
Kicks 2
Kick m 37

Lawrence
Minutes 404
Touches 69
Tries 0
Try assists 0
Runs 57
Runs m 496
Tackles 94
Miss tckl 12
Tackle brk 5
Offloads 0
Linebreaks 0
LB assists 0
Errors 3
Penalites 3
Kicks 0
Kick m 0

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
May need to check your figures NC. I remember seeing Rowdy get a TA against the Eels and NRL.com confirms that.

magpie guy

Juniors
Simona v Lawrence.

These have not been updated with round 7 numbers cause I'm a bit lazy too.

Simona
Minutes 484
Touches 96
Tries 2
Try assists 3
Runs 63
Runs m 616
Tackles 61
Miss tckl 12
Tackle brk 13
Offloads 4
Linebreaks 3
LB assists 3
Errors 3
Penalites 2
Kicks 2
Kick m 37

Lawrence
Minutes 404
Touches 69
Tries 0
Try assists 0
Runs 57
Runs m 496
Tackles 94
Miss tckl 12
Tackle brk 5
Offloads 0
Linebreaks 0
LB assists 0
Errors 3
Penalites 3
Kicks 0
Kick m 0

So roughly, *roughly*, Lawrence has a third more tackles than simona and a third less touches. Simona has also played one more game than Lawrence.

Basically, Simona is getting the ball more than lawrence but also doing more with it. He does have a half with more LB and LBA though.

Lawrence has fewer missed tackles per tackle made. So his defence seems to be slightly better.

Look, I don't think Lawrence has been playing that bad and I really don't think that he is the problem in the side. It is true that he is not the strike centre he once was, and he is on a stupid back ended contract. However, he certainly is not the reason we are losing.

Who knows...it looks like Nofo was playing centre in the lower grades, maybe he comes back at centre and Rowdy is rotated into second row.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was just rewatching some of the last few games replays.

Lawrence looks to me like he's become Moses' minder in the defensive line.

Brooks has Sironen and Simona.

I think both should have a back rower only. If you make a centre the minder for a half on his inside, then you negate the effectiveness of a sliding defensive line, because the centre is defending in a straight line, not sliding, thus creating gaps out wide.

Lawrence definitely has a try assist.

And no disrespect to Simona, but Lawrence had a bit of work to do for that Try Assist. Simona's were mostly quick passes to Richards (which admittedly were all very brilliantly done), But Lawrence had to turn a drag a defender towards him to give Naiqama the space before feeding him the ball.

The stats are showing that Lawrence is much improved. If anyone is expecting him to get back to 2009-10 form they are kidding themselves. He's a different style of player though. He's gone from being an ET style centre and transitioning into a McGaw style.

Latest posts