What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Good work Stoney. Cheers Mase for your time and effort. Had a couple good
Years here but it's time for like if Mataora and Vai Vai to get an opportunity.

Noname36

First Grade
I have been told reliably that Stoney is not taking prisoners this time. He is fully aware he has 24 months to make a career for himself.

Hopefully if this is the case Kurt will be moved along too. He's a great clubman but he's one of the main factors holding the side back IMO. If Stone can convince him to leave (I've heard Gidley is already keen on ESL) it will be bad short term with our crazy supporters after him but it will bring success to the side and Stone himself.

He's seen both Smith and Bennett come in and move long-term players on (sadly none of which were Gidley) so he should have an idea of how to do it.

Gids prebennett was quite good. Definitely time to move him on and surely with Boyds money even after shoring up our juniors surely we have room for a prop or 2.

Rusty

Juniors
I have been told reliably that Stoney is not taking prisoners this time. He is fully aware he has 24 months to make a career for himself.

Well in that case, I hope he gets rid of Houston too. The guys been playing good the last couple of weeks- obviously playing for a new contract. I'd hate for the club re-sign Houston and then see him resume playing like shit.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Happy Mason is being marched if any of the rumours are true that he's been responsible for some of the other blokes going off the rails.

But yes, already expecting the out cry. The way I've seen our supporters constantly beg Mason on Twitter to stay at the club...I can't expect this going down well.

Indeed

Knight Vision

First Grade
Well in that case, I hope he gets rid of Houston too. The guys been playing good the last couple of weeks- obviously playing for a new contract. I'd hate for the club re-sign Houston and then see him resume playing like shit.
Yep lets get rid of mediocrity, and guys who are happy to lose.

Spot On

Coach
Fully support Boyd, Gids, Mase, Houso being moved on. Wouldn't mind Faalongo staying if that's the way they go. Uate will surely have to produce a consistently high level of performance to remain after 2015 .

The only worry now is the quality of recruitment. Just who can we buy or promote that will be long term quality buys for the club/team/squad?

Sincerely hope our best rookies are bsing kept. Surely.

I think he knows that it was a jobs for the boys club and more to the point that he is seen by some as having been gifted the job. I like Rick as a bloke and a coach. He was not my first pick but it was more because I was worried it would more of the same. I have faith he will be tough and hard as nails on the players who do not perform. If he is I am happy to be patient. He will be driven with a real need to prove those people who doubt him wrong.

What he does in the player market next year for the 2016 season will ultimately decide his fate I feel. There is plenty of halves on the market as well as props so clearing the decks is a must. add the fact that Jeremy Smith will be 35 next season as well and Gidley is off contract at 33 we should have money to burn. Sign the promising juniors first and then make his move on the senior players he needs to be the squads structured support for lack of a better term. He has a golden opportunity next year to spend money which he never had the luxury of in his last tenure. A fact that gets forgotten by several.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't worry about halves, Tyrone and Mullen are decent enough, Tuimavave is a good back up and young Jack Cogger in Holden Cup is as good a halfback prospect as any in the game. We need forwards badly, currently we have 2 blokes in our top 25 who are over 110kg, and one of them is only good for 35-40 mins a game. What makes matters worse is our smaller forward pack is below average in mobility and athleticism as well.

Noname36

First Grade
^ agree. Tbh I reckon if we fix the forwards the rest will fall into place. Only thing I'm worried about is Gidley. Matt's come out and said that Kurt is heavily in Stone's plans for next year so the only question remaining will be what position. I'm betting fullback.

Nuffy

Bench
^ agree. Tbh I reckon if we fix the forwards the rest will fall into place. Only thing I'm worried about is Gidley. Matt's come out and said that Kurt is heavily in Stone's plans for next year so the only question remaining will be what position. I'm betting fullback.

Well if that's true then Stone has jumped the shark already.

He should be looking to move him on as nicely as possible, not put him front and centre.

Just when you think Stone has seen the light, he comes up with this sh*t.

Frederick

Staff member
desk_flip.jpg

perverse

Referee
The sky is the limit for Sione. I think he's that good that playing him anywhere below first grade is a waste of time for him, unless we're desperate to challenge for more NYC premierships. It's a waste of time for the club, too - because he can be helping first grade win matches.

He's too good for any level but NRL, and with a full off season we can have him ready to start Round 1 next year. Put him on the wing for a year if we have to until Gids pisses off.

Latest posts